Go on, hands up those who thought I'd given up.
Nope I'm still chipping away at it, I've finely got the frame work in after much shouting and cursing. I learned a valuable lesson when welding...BEWARE of distortion.
After lots of time cutting, tacking, remeasuring and then checking it all over again it fitted like a glove. Next out with the 3 main sections and sitting them on the floor I proceeded to weld all the joints. Now the fun bit assemble them on the floor and admire your handy work. ???? @%&£&... That doesn't look right!!
Arrggg, yep distortion, I should have made some sort of jig...yeah i know this now... So out with the tape measure and hacksaw the worst joints reposition and start again. Only this time with a crude jig, this involved lengths of 3 x 2, scaffold poles and lots of weight to keeps things still.
It worked, so back in the shell and lets get the floor in. I've been making a few bit as well, to replace the originals. Like the door hinge which I modified too include nuts so I can adjust the doors.
BIG moment for me, (with some help) I turned the body shell right way up and placed it on a trolly. This will help a great deal with future work on the body.
Next job is to fit the body to the chassis well line it up etc, so i can cut out the infilled arches Then the trans tunnel, do a bit more welding, then.........
Yeah yeah... I'll post again when I've made some progress.