Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 12th August 2017, 08:49

smash is on a distinguished road
Default Tribute SWB for sale

Looks familiar! Good luck with sale

http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C900748
Available from eBay
Old 12th August 2017, 10:19

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

£52,250 - Or near offer

Well that sets the market price
Old 12th August 2017, 13:57

Barber is on a distinguished road

Well, you never know, as DNA seems not to be a source any more. I wonder how many people in the country would pay that much for an unauthorised replica? The nubodi demonstrator Kali apparently went for "close" to the low 20s asking.
Old 13th August 2017, 00:01

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

IT IS A VERY NICELY FINISHED CAR ...Definitely one of the better ones ...
I totally get where the price structuring has come from , DNA being out of the running , anyone who's interest was pricked by their recent creations could well be tempted by this one ...

My only critique is ...if you were going to spend that amount of money on a car of this nature ...taking into account a lot of buyers right now are investment motivated , you would probably do your homework . That homework would undoubtably take you to the door of Nubodi , at that point I would be asking how much to replicate that car as a turnkey....I think it would come in a lot less ...
Old 13th August 2017, 09:15

Time for Nubodi to up heir prices then...
Old 13th August 2017, 09:34

andysharrock is on a distinguished road

he could ask a million end of the day its a kit car and only worth what someone is will to pay , there is no book price on these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1226455634...84.m1555.l2648

if anyone wants to make me an offer looking for a million five ono of course
Old 13th August 2017, 10:08

I was just about to pay pal you the million but spotted the missing E in heart and realised it wasn't the real thing :-)

[i]it sets my hart racing[i]
Old 13th August 2017, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
Time for Nubodi to up heir prices then...
And Chris .... and anyone else commissioned to build one ...paint one , trim one etc etc etc...

And again we are back to the same DNA argument .... Chris sells kits that when built up to completion have cost a fraction of their value .....he see's this happening regularly , realises that he is supplying a product that lines everybody elses pockets for simply instigating a project management exercise, and can earn more money than he currently is with far less stress and aggro and man hours than he's currently suffering ....decides to withdraw the kit option and only build the cars himself .....If and when the market is satisfied and prices level out ...maybe offer the kit again ...if it stays buoyant ...well happy days .....for him but not anyone wanting a self build ....

Not going to happen? he wouldn't do that ? Chris is a businessman , has an interest in the product , but has much more interest in paying his bills and not working himself into the ground trying to do that ..... If I was Chris , seeing the way things have been going and are going ...I'd be thinking about it ...The cars could sell for half that figure and it would return the self builder a nice little return......

Last edited by lancelot link; 13th August 2017 at 10:37..
Old 13th August 2017, 11:09

I expect Tribute have a deal with Nubodi, so that wouldit gate again unilateral actions. Also, There are orders placed an deposits paid. It has been reported that DNA returned deposits and appear to have reneged on those deals. Pissing off paying customers is not the way forward in a small market.

I don't believe that Chris operates that way, even if he needs to operate a viable business model.
Old 13th August 2017, 15:33

You'd be on the end of a long waiting list for Nubodi. Someone may pay to jump the queue.

On the other hand in respect of Tribute doing turnkeys, perhaps Chris isn't up for putting in the massive man hour investment required to straighten each individual body and gaps out to DNA standard to get DNA money...remind me how the 275 ended up? Just maybe it's actually a lot easier and less stressful producing the kits and letting the agent deal with the customers - play to your strengths.

Two cars up for sale currently ocean's apart in both price and finish. You pays your money...
Old 13th August 2017, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
I expect Tribute have a deal with Nubodi, so that wouldit gate again unilateral actions. Also, There are orders placed an deposits paid. It has been reported that DNA returned deposits and appear to have reneged on those deals. Pissing off paying customers is not the way forward in a small market.

I don't believe that Chris operates that way, even if he needs to operate a viable business model.
Pretty sure Chris hasn't committed to anything on paper with Nubodi ( but none of my business ) ...You are right ...there are orders placed and deposits paid ...but you can stop offering new deals at any time ...satisfy whats on the table but offer no more ...Chris wouldn't return deposits and re-neg. , you are right but he hasn't got his balls tightened in an Italian vice with the threat of legal action forcing him to stop immediately .....

Quote:
On the other hand in respect of Tribute doing turnkeys, perhaps Chris isn't up for putting in the massive man hour investment required to straighten each individual body and gaps out to DNA standard to get DNA money
Doesn't need to be to DNA standard ...It can be to Nubodi standard ... doesnt take a genius to work out that a 3 grand Z3 , plus a kit you make yourself , plus a couple of grands worth of accessories plus a £5000 paint job allowing for all issues to be dealt with ...comes to a lot less than the prices being bandied about .....

Quote:
remind me how the 275 ended up
Ongoing isn't it ? not finished or being marketed yet , last time I looked ...

I don't want to get into a huge debate about this ..it's not my argument ...but looking in from the outside , its not hard to do the maths and , if , as a few on here are trying to suggest , the prices will go up and up ...anyone with their foot in the door , ie. the manufacturer , would be mad to not look at the possibility of turnkey being a better option and , by them controlling kit sales , ie. withdrawing them , they can sustain that market place ...

Its only a couple of weeks since we were all debating the validity of a mid 20's price tag ...now we are looking at people wanting twice that ......If it was my kit , I'd be sitting up and taking notice of that ....
Old 13th August 2017, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
Pretty sure Chris hasn't committed to anything on paper with Nubodi ( but none of my business ) ...You are right ...there are orders placed and deposits paid ...but you can stop offering new deals at any time ...satisfy whats on the table but offer no more ...Chris wouldn't return deposits and re-neg. , you are right but he hasn't got his balls tightened in an Italian vice with the threat of legal action forcing him to stop immediately .....

Doesn't need to be to DNA standard ...It can be to Nubodi standard ... doesnt take a genius to work out that a 3 grand Z3 , plus a kit you make yourself , plus a couple of grands worth of accessories plus a £5000 paint job allowing for all issues to be dealt with ...comes to a lot less than the prices being bandied about .....

Ongoing isn't it ? not finished or being marketed yet , last time I looked ...

I don't want to get into a huge debate about this ..it's not my argument ...but looking in from the outside , its not hard to do the maths and , if , as a few on here are trying to suggest , the prices will go up and up ...anyone with their foot in the door , ie. the manufacturer , would be mad to not look at the possibility of turnkey being a better option and , by them controlling kit sales , ie. withdrawing them , they can sustain that market place ...

Its only a couple of weeks since we were all debating the validity of a mid 20's price tag ...now we are looking at people wanting twice that ......If it was my kit , I'd be sitting up and taking notice of that ....
Whilst Nubodi have upped the standards with their builds, there is nothing to stop individuals (at present) from buying the kit then going to any build finisher in the country. (As you know) The point is also well made, there is a big gap between current fully built cars and the prices being touted for retail. If the demand at those prices is real and strong, the only way to stop others from speculating for profit, is to control the output to approved build channels, else up the kit price significantly. But then what happens if the high price demand rapidly falls away? Drop prices again - would those who got lost off when they went up still be there when they came back down?

There is a lot of risk in pursuing either in a small market, even if an orderly switch can be effected.
Old 14th August 2017, 08:36

.edited.

Bottom line the build finish on Tribute part builds sold has been questionable. They 're making excellent money just bashing out the kits. Nubodi have opened out the market for them massively, raised the quality bar and gained market notice whilst all the while finding solutions for customers so they don't have to worry about sorting them. Sorted the dash - demand was instant - Tribute just catching up now...i know people think I dont like Nubodi but that simply isn't true (one issue mistakenly publically aired) - Ive sent several potential customers to them - look where they've got now with the number 7 car.

Absolutely no need to change Tributes model.

Last edited by smash; 14th August 2017 at 11:47..
Old 14th August 2017, 09:39
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

I do wonder how the sale is going. Much of this discussion is based upon the premise that the price is set correctly.

I have no view as to this personally. It IS very nice though.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited by DaveP; 14th August 2017 at 10:24.. Reason: totally wrong tone in my post
Old 14th August 2017, 11:30

At the upper end of the market there is a lot of money being spent to get the car NOW
From Autocar (1st google result)

"Want a Bugatti Chiron but don’t want to join the back of a three-year waiting list?

He can get you a car in a couple of months, but only if you’ll pay €1 million over its face value. Or perhaps you need one of the 25 race versions of the Aston Martin Valkyrie hypercar being built? Well, you’re looking at an asking price of €3.3 m – a premium of €1.5m. His line of business sounds like a quick way to make a buck, right? But he’s not just here to take your money. For months before the Ferrari 812 Superfast was revealed, he was warning would-be buyers off investing in the Ferrari F12 tdf."
Old 14th August 2017, 11:48

^ this
Old 14th August 2017, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
.edited.

Bottom line the build finish on Tribute part builds sold has been questionable. They 're making excellent money just bashing out the kits. Nubodi have opened out the market for them massively, raised the quality bar and gained market notice whilst all the while finding solutions for customers so they don't have to worry about sorting them. Sorted the dash - demand was instant - Tribute just catching up now...i know people think I dont like Nubodi but that simply isn't true (one issue mistakenly publically aired) - Ive sent several potential customers to them - look where they've got now with the number 7 car.

Absolutely no need to change Tributes model.
Nail on head, and meanwhile, gradually up the quality of new model mouldings.
Old 14th August 2017, 14:21

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Saw a silver 250 hardtop at the BBQ parked next door to the blue no7. The finish on the silver car was in a different league to no7, you would be hard pushed to believe they had been built by the same company. I think the current car is a different build again but the gaps and paint look to be very good. Unfortunately for the builder, the gaps and paint finish at first look are what determines a quality build and high resale value.
Old 20th August 2017, 21:37

seanick is on a distinguished road

The last 20% increase in quality takes another 80% increase in labour...
Old 20th August 2017, 21:50

The last 20% increase in quality takes another 80% increase in labour...

and adds 10% to the price