Year six and still no paint job.
MOT passed again with just more headlight adjustment to do.
New big end bearing shells fitted with the engine in the car by dropping the sump seems to have sorted the low oil pressure problems.
My wife is convinced I keep delaying to put off doing jobs inside the house.
I think that I will never be happy with the appearance of the body and tinkering at little things is just keeps me happy.
So below is lots more picture with very little changed.
New steering wheel birthday present from my dad
Finally modified the rear lights so I can get them out.
I had bolted them onto fibreglass backplates then bonded them into rear arches. The flush cut out was not big enough to get them back out!
heater inlet grill was blanked off so no air got into the heater matrix, now sorted and nice cosy warm feet and slightly heated screen
Passenger door alignment was bugging me so I have built up the body with fibreglass matting for a better fit.
The side skirts were always a little wavy so I took out the angle grinder and chopped them level with the scimitar sills. I am not sure this was a good idea, but at least i can lift the body off over the chassis rails now
drivers side sills before
passenger side sills
Driving around the muddy roads up north highlighted the back of the headlights were letting in brown water into the bowls and onto the covers so good old silicon sealant sorted that.
I have finished levelling the top right boot were the original mould had a head fairing so I am certainly near getting it sprayed now.
Yesterday I took the video camera for a ride so hopefully a little clip (10 seconds) of the beast in motion to follow.