Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 6th May 2013, 17:46

Viatron is on a distinguished road
Default What a lovely weekend

Just felt the need to share,

Wednesday.
After a very long day in the body shop i returned home too tired to cook with white filler dust issuing from my pores and SWMBO wasn’t finishing work till late so we ordered in pizza. I had a seafood one which within an hour had me praying to god down the great white telephone, the rest of the night was spent sitting on the aforementioned with a bowl in my lap, hopefully just a 24 hour bought of food poisoning hoped.

Thursday.
Long standing job booked in Gloucester and none of my guys free to cover so manned up and made the hour and forty five journey and sat at a desk until 2:30 at which point I politely informed the client that unless he wished to deal with the coroner it may be best if I departed, I agree not to charge them as I got cock all done. Thursday night is a repeat of Wednesday.

Friday
Never made it back to Gloucester so thats 2 days consulting lost, Friday disappeared in a blur of bathroom rushes combined with stomach cramps, at some stage i managed to get SWMBO to call Andy as there is no way I’m making Stoneleigh at this rate. SWMBO promptly joins the bathroom rushes at a bout 6pm, she now has it as well, thanks god we have 2 bathrooms and both kids have left home. Friday night the same as the last 2, exhaustion is now setting in and the granddaughters stay over supply of sudocrem is now being put to good use, dropped about a kilo and a half by now.

Saturday
No change! When will it end! postman arrives and joy of joys my bank holiday weekend improves no end with the receipt of my a NIP for doing 34 in a 30, first one in over 10 years, read on and as I’m such a good boy i have the option to attend a speed safety course, for £85, instead of taking the points, just how i need to spend half a day. GRRRRRR. Saturday night goes better; trips to the great white telephone are down to single digits!

Sunday
Feeling better, manage some scrambled eggs for lunch, Mrs Still bad but I feel the end may be in sight. We spend the day on the sofa under a duvet trying to find something on the 600 channels we have available to watch and fail dismally.

Monday (This Morning)
Feeling better and even manage to break wind without horrific consequences! yippee! I know that Mark at the body shop is in this morning so decide to risk a trip to check on progress as a treat to myself. Walk out to the Van to find the passenger quaterlight smashed and my 4 month old satnav, trip recording camera and FM repeater/iPhone 5 charger all gone (all items were safely hidden not on display). WTF! Call police, very sorry here’s your crime number, if you think of anything else that may assist us in catching the miscreant please call us back, yeah right. Call the claims company number given in the insurance docs, sorry sir we have never heard of your insurance company so can’t help you. WTF WTF WTF!
30 minutes of googling later find a number; 20 minutes of answering very stupid questions such as "did they damage any of the glass when gaining access to the vehicle through the front quarterlight sir?" “no them managed to squeeze between the glass molecules without disturbing them", "I’m only trying to help sir!".............whatever.
Had to drive 18 miles to my nearest Autoglass depot as they are too busy to come to me, some service that is.

Just waiting for the chest pains to begin or the side of my face to sag alarmingly and my weekend will be complete.

Good news is that I’m feeling much better so I’m treating myself to an hour’s lawn mowing in a minute as I deserve a treat........ARSE!
Available from eBay
Old 6th May 2013, 18:08

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your woes viatron, on the bright side, things can't get any worse?

Luckily I don't eat any seafood, so I miss all the escapades that my wife, and friends have gone through in the past.

Pie and chips - can't go wrong
Old 7th May 2013, 07:47

garyh is on a distinguished road

What a S!!!!!!r, literally! I had a raw with wife... Kept out of way, painting shed etc...
Old 7th May 2013, 08:10

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Bad luck with the dodgy takeaway V. Hope you're back to good health asap.
Old 8th May 2013, 05:34

CarNoob is on a distinguished road

Sea Food Pizza After reading about your week I went to my freezer and binned a bag of sea food mix. Hopefully things are on the up on the roller coaster of life.