Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 9th July 2012, 14:34

mazzone0797 is on a distinguished road
Default how good

Hi.
I am new to this topic and i am wondering if anyone know's how close the body is to the original, as it looks very good in the pictures. I have had a look at the Cascu images too and they look very close, as the body copy, is meant to be from an actual Dino. Also any up to date info on prices, levels of build and launch date. Regards Pierino
Old 10th July 2012, 16:07

dino_gt is on a distinguished road

Hi Pierino;

I think Mark is currently making one of his cars so you may take the chance and visit him to take a look at it. You can contact Mark through this website or his facebook site to arrange a good date to meet.

Regards

Dino_GT
Old 10th July 2012, 16:53

mazzone0797 is on a distinguished road

Hi, thanks for that, ill see if i can as i'm very busy but will try. Regards Pierino
Old 8th November 2012, 15:11

MrBojangles is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone
DeHavilland Motor Company now have a website. Phoned Terry today to see how they were getting on and when their launch was going to be. No definate date but soon i was told, apparently they are just waiting for glass to come from manufacture and then some final trimming after the glass has been fitted and the car will be ready. Launch date is going to be posted on their website and facebook page. Now going to start looking for a MGTF on ebay. hoping to get the MGTF ready to take the kit over Xmas so i can order and start work in the new year. Thinking of starting a build thred if anyone is interested.
Old 8th November 2012, 18:07

garyh is on a distinguished road

Look forward to viewing build.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:47

DeHavilland Motor Co is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Hi Everyone
DeHavilland Motor Company now have a website. Phoned Terry today to see how they were getting on and when their launch was going to be. No definate date but soon i was told, apparently they are just waiting for glass to come from manufacture and then some final trimming after the glass has been fitted and the car will be ready. Launch date is going to be posted on their website and facebook page. Now going to start looking for a MGTF on ebay. hoping to get the MGTF ready to take the kit over Xmas so i can order and start work in the new year. Thinking of starting a build thred if anyone is interested.
Hello MrBojangles

It was good to hear from you the other day, hope you are well.
Thank you for mentioning the website. As you say it’s now up and running and i have just added a blog spot so anyone can talk about original J H Classics DGT's and Scorperto builds as well as the later Deon cars. Obviously we would love to hear everyone’s comments on the new DeHavilland models as well as pictures and friendly advice.

I look forward to hearing everyone’s comments

Regards

Terry
Old 8th January 2013, 18:38

Inspace is on a distinguished road

Hi Nilfish76, Good advice in your last post you know my feelings on this matter of CR. They have now changed names again but are still working out of the same premises. Seems they may be trying to hide the past.
I was forced to pick up the poorly built car after threats of storage costs by the new company director and I will soon be putting a video of just how bad it is on utube. All the faults spoken about in this forum exist on the car not to mention the fact that the shock absorbers were removed prior to the car being picked up.
From what I see of Dehavilland's progress it is inspiring and definitely the right way to go, great facebook page. CASCU are also making a really good replica so it is great that there is a future for this Classic.
I may try to get the Chassis sorted on vehicle that CR fobbed off on me but it really is quite frightening how bad it is. It will need to be completely stripped back and the jigged. Anyway it is complicated and probably worth more as scrap at the moment. Waiting for a full engineers report should have it in about a week if anyone is interested.
Old 9th January 2013, 10:01

dino_gt is on a distinguished road

Hi Inspace;
looking forward to see that video and information about your car. Please keep us updated here.

kind regards

Dino_GT
Old 9th January 2013, 18:10

ROBBOC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspace View Post
Waiting for a full engineers report should have it in about a week if anyone is interested.
If you're reluctant to summarise the engineer's conclusions here, Inspace, will you post them elsewhere and tell us where to look, please? If all else fails I believe you can publish pages of text on YouTube by photographing them as if for a video - we then pause to read. Might be best to keep the initials CR out of it, but we'll all know what you mean.

Although I appreciate the Madabout moderators' concerns, understanding what can go (and has gone) wrong in commissioning a build is vitally important for ordinary guys who'll struggle to afford to do it once, even. We absolutely have to avoid as many pitfalls as possible - and there's enough room for mistakes to happen unintentionally, without anyone's help, shall we say.

I was fortunate, my one build was a Caterham Super 7, and almost everything was impressively thought through, with the potential difficulties ironed out well ahead of me coming along... In fact things went ballistic at work and prevented my finishing it, but by then my younger son had grown up and joined the RAF, and completed the build for me in the hobby workshops they provide for servicemen - and did it beautifully, I must add.
Old 12th January 2013, 11:49

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBOC View Post
If you're reluctant to summarise the engineer's conclusions here, Inspace, will you post them elsewhere and tell us where to look, please? If all else fails I believe you can publish pages of text on YouTube by photographing them as if for a video - we then pause to read. Might be best to keep the initials CR out of it, but we'll all know what you mean.

Although I appreciate the Madabout moderators' concerns, understanding what can go (and has gone) wrong in commissioning a build is vitally important for ordinary guys who'll struggle to afford to do it once, even. We absolutely have to avoid as many pitfalls as possible - and there's enough room for mistakes to happen unintentionally, without anyone's help, shall we say.

I was fortunate, my one build was a Caterham Super 7, and almost everything was impressively thought through, with the potential difficulties ironed out well ahead of me coming along... In fact things went ballistic at work and prevented my finishing it, but by then my younger son had grown up and joined the RAF, and completed the build for me in the hobby workshops they provide for servicemen - and did it beautifully, I must add.
Hi
I would be interested too in seeing the photos of the chassis. You can pm me for my address.I have been following this thread for a while as I know all about them.Thanks Ian