Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 12th May 2007, 21:10
Kit Car Dreamer

MADMAN is on a distinguished road
Default DANGER!WARNING!if selling you car !!!!!!!!

after advertising my 355 replica on several sites on the net, I thought I had sold it after several emails, and a chq. arriving in the post headed
BBC Auf Wiedershen pet special.
after putting chq. in the bank I had a urge to look at the photocopy of the chq. not feeling that the chq. was right I ASKED THE BANK TO LOOK AT THE CHQ. FURTHER BEFORE i LET MY CAR GO. the chq. was a fraudulant one
and the bank fraud office are sending the chq. back to me now. luckily I HAVE STILL GOT MY CAR, so I informed the police that they could arrest the
scammer wed. comming when he was comming to collect the car, but was told that they were not interested, no matter how mutch I complained.
not enough recourses, and the rest of the bull sh.t they gave me.
so be warned make doubly sure of any payment if selling your car MADMAN
Available from eBay
Old 20th May 2007, 18:40
Kit Car Dreamer

Default Danger

At last an update, after two strange phone calls from alledgedly the mans wife who sent me the dodgy chq. she cried and cried, said she was sorry and wanted to speak to me then hung up. probably another scam wanting me to call back. did not work.!!!
but luckily I had a genuine buyer that bought my car with something called cash.!!!!!!!!!!!! god bless him and good luck to him. JUST BEWARE OF CHEQUES/ BANK DRAFTS. yes they may be OK just be AWARE. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADMAN
Old 20th May 2007, 18:55
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Thanks for sharing your experience MADMAN.

Selling can be a minefield and scams are well documented on the net.

Cash is king

John
Old 20th May 2007, 19:06
Kit Car Dreamer

Default d

yes it is a mine field John, I just hope it is a warning to others. I thought I was worldly wise at 56 but I am still learning. MADMAN
Old 31st July 2007, 12:02
Kit Car Dreamer

Chris71 is on a distinguished road

Infuriating isn't it, bud sadly not surprising. Can you immagine the police's reaction if someone had tried to steal thousands of pounds from a bank! Yet, if it's your car they're not fussed. Could rant for ages at this point, but I think I'll move switftly on....

Glad you sold your car (I'm trying to do that at the moment!) Any thoughts on a new toy?
Old 1st August 2007, 09:58
Kit Car Dreamer

Hi Chris71, yes got my eye on a 360 the dna version built on the MR 2 MK3 roadster, but unfortunatly I have bown my 355 cash on a new kitchen /three piece suite/new carpets. Ah well sutch is life.
looks like I will have to sell my other 355 replica to build the 360. this one is a twin entry turbo, an Extreme kit ( the best by far in my opinion ) taxed and tested used most dry days for the last three years in unmarked Ferrari rosso corsa red. with 18"Anterra wheels Tein coilovers genuine Ferrari lights and badges, but is a far superior kit to my wifes that I have just sold, therefore
I would be asking £16,500 a little more but a lot more of a car
Old 1st August 2007, 10:01
Kit Car Dreamer

yes spelling mistakes, but its hard to type with rears in my eyes, after BLOWING my 355 cash on other things. MADMAN
Old 1st August 2007, 10:02
Kit Car Dreamer

see what I mean tears