Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th April 2006, 09:49
Kit Car Dreamer

Chris G is on a distinguished road
Default Isle of Wight Phantom

Hi,
I bought the first kit - chassis number 001 back in 2001, it took me four years to build it (built it twice- first time to get everything to fit - stripped it, painted body then second build installed all the extras ect) and I registered it in October 2005.
I live on the Isle of Wight and I believe Eddy put a couple of pictures of my car on the gallery. I'll send some more pictures later.

My donor was a low mileage Stirling automatic, the main mods to the car are: I have fitted electrically retractable mirrors from a Toyota which entailed drasticaly altering the door tops and I have installed an electrically adjustable rear view camera hidden above the rear number plate, the monitor is hidden in the dash below the two centre vents and is powered down for viewing. The monitor also doubles as a free to air TV. The build was straight forward, the SVA test was long - four and a half hours and the registration was frustrating as I was given duff info by the DVLA but I ended up with a new plate.

I'm coming up to the Stoneleigh show on the Sunday so I hope to see some of you there.
Available from eBay