Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 9th December 2018, 08:54

casamolino is on a distinguished road
Default Wire Wheels

Good morning , a number of SWB owners have wire wheels fitted , i am trying to find out the type/size/new secondhand and make of wire wheels (when used with the Orson adapters) will fit under the standard bodywork and not foul the suspension , this would be the splined wheels not the bolt on type , i already have info from WCA (thanks Nick) just would like to hear what others have installed , thanks Geoff .
Available from eBay
Old 9th December 2018, 09:10

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I believe William had some splines made up from Orsen for his blue 250. I know he has sold the car but he does still visit the site.
With my bolt on wires the front tyres fouled the struts, changing to a 65 profile tyre solved the problem.
Old 9th December 2018, 17:27

andysharrock is on a distinguished road

I fitted jag mk2 wire wheels on all my swb cars except the first one and have a set waiting to go on the next one . kit here tomoz hopefully. hub adaptors come from MSW https://shop.mwsint.com/productsList...1&fromsearch=1

the last set were £367 inc vat and delivery Aston martin rims fit but you would need to flare the back arch as I did on my first swb.
Old 9th December 2018, 18:14

molleur is on a distinguished road

Nice!
Old 9th December 2018, 21:42

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by casamolino View Post
Good morning , a number of SWB owners have wire wheels fitted , i am trying to find out the type/size/new secondhand and make of wire wheels (when used with the Orson adapters) will fit under the standard bodywork and not foul the suspension , this would be the splined wheels not the bolt on type , i already have info from WCA (thanks Nick) just would like to hear what others have installed , thanks Geoff .
I had a set of 5 1/2" x 15 Healey wires earlier in the year. They would have fitted your application but with that size and style the spokes and spinners stick out a fair bit from the outer rim. You need a deep dished rim to get the right look, the replica Borranis on the VPG car above are the best I've seen fitted to Tribute 250.I would think they come at a price and you still need to do the rear suspension mod.

Have you considered a period style alloy that would work out as a better compromise, something like BMW or Jaguar lattice spoke design. They can be had cheaply used and with a fresh powder coat do look really smart.
Old 10th December 2018, 08:25

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

That is simply stunning, the rear window, the panel gaps, the wheels and of course the flawless paint.
Any pictures of the interior?
Old 10th December 2018, 09:43

casamolino is on a distinguished road

Good morning many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to provide info and advice , one of my reasons for asking the question was that i recently bought these from Ebay

what i should have done was more research! well anyway with the Orson adapters fitted the rears are proud of the bodywork by approx 1.5" , they do look really good (this is from someone that has said previously they would not fit wires) so they are now for sale (Ebay) , i also have a set of Orson adapters plus the two eared spinners available , Geoff .
Old 10th December 2018, 11:37

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Just flare the arches a bit more