Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 3rd July 2012, 12:41

davecymru is on a distinguished road

It's got a bit of a smoking habit after i leave it for a few days but it does clear after i do a few miles, so I'm thinking valve stem seals?

But i did go in to this project with the aim that as i plan on keeping it i would get all the fundamental things done during the build and get the car on the road as quick as i could (even then it took a year!) and then look at things such as an engine rebuild, enhanced interior, modified under-bonnet, overdrive conversion etc. over the coming years.
Old 9th March 2019, 21:06

DarrenB is on a distinguished road
Default Tonneau cover enquiry

Hello,

Looking for a tonneau cover for my Merlin Munro. I have poppers on dashboard and rear with twist studs on the doors. I'm looking for black, with pocket over steering wheel and pockets over both seats - high headrests with zip down the middle so I can drive with passenger seat covered.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Last edited by DarrenB; 9th March 2019 at 21:11..
Old 9th March 2019, 22:36

Dpaz is on a distinguished road

Try a boat yard or do it yourself. Get some vinyl lay it over the cockpit oversize. Temporary fasten to center fittings and pull to shape. When you are sure mark and fit fixings. Cut around the edges and hem them. I used a medium vinyl which cost about£10 plus the fixings which I already had. I also fitted a center Zip with an overlapping flap. A professional could have done it better but it works. I have a temporary ally tube that holds the middle up so the rain runs off. Done with a domestic Singer sewing machine.
Old 10th March 2019, 07:20

Paul L is on a distinguished road

DarrenB – Welcome to the forum.

By chance, Dpaz is a Marlin owner who reads this Sammio sub-forum.

However, you are more likely to get some Marlin specific suggestions in the Marlin sub-forum here:

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Good luck, Paul.
Old 10th March 2019, 07:23

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Brockwell Bros. in King's Lynn did mine in red Mohair with white piping for £120 (iirc), which included fitting. After taking the car in for a quote and making an appointment, I just dropped my car off first thing in the morning and it was ready to collect at lunchtime.

They're always busy and, ahem, a little eccentric, but they're traditional craftsmen and do a really good job exactly to your specifications.

https://www.yell.com/biz/brockwell-s...-lynn-1365373/

They're a couple of hours away from Lincoln but the results would be worth the journey.
Old 10th March 2019, 08:22

Dpaz is on a distinguished road

Paul, cheers for the puff but, Darren has a Merlin. Haven't seen one of them for years. Mr.T that is a seriously smart tonneau better than my £10 one but I do go for 'The object is no expense'
Dave