Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 3rd January 2016, 19:05

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road
Default Tribute automotive 2016 news

Since starting TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE back in 2010 I have realised that survival in the kit car business world can be reliant on introducing new ideas and new kit models to the market place on a regular basis to keep customers engaged and interested. To this end we have introduced 10+ models under the TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE banner since the launch of the MX250, some proving more popular than others, but all have been a progression to where we are as 2016 begins.

2015 was a good business year for TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE, but a difficult one for me personally for various reasons. This has made me take stock of life and work, which everyone needs to do at sometime, and make some changes. The Development of new kits has been slow in 2015, with only the 250 SWB for the Z3 making it to the market place. The development side of the business is where I derive most enjoyment, although the least immediate financial reward. There are many new TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE products in the pipeline which will hopefully be received with the customer enthusiasm that previous models have had.

I do not want to go down the well trodden kit car business path of expansion and collapse that so many companies have taken before, so a plan to move forward has taken shape. Some TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE kit models are already made under licensed deals from third parties, the MRS200 and imminent DINO for example, with others such as the SAMMIO range and HARDY COUNTY HOT RODS (HCHR) manufactured by us but sold by the mould owners under their own company names. My plan is to licence out some of the existing 100% owned TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE moulds/products to other companies hence removing the sales representation, and to varying degrees the manufacture, of the chosen kits. The split of exact models are still in negotiation, but our own HOT ROD (not HCHR) models (1932 3 and 5 window Model B's, 1927 Model T along with 2 additional imminent models) will be going as a package, with builds, to a local firm. There will be a certain amount of "introductory overlap" with website, internet and phone representation whilst product/market place familiarisation takes place. Overflow of lamination and steel fabrication work may also be outsourced. Some changes to existing trade/retail pricing and contracts (verbal and renewable written) may have to occur. All of this will not extend current quoted delivery timescales, it may even improve them.

Once everything is in place there will be more time for kit development, and importantly more time for family and friends.

17 weeks to the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show. Our order book is full for months ahead. Roll on 2016.
Available from eBay
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:44

Drummajor is on a distinguished road

Good luck guys and well done.
See you soon
Old 3rd January 2016, 21:01

y cymro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
The development side of the business is where I derive most enjoyment....

Good luck to you and Dan and TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE. You deserve to do well.

When will the Stingray C2 and Shelby Coupe be emerging
Old 3rd January 2016, 21:03

hurnleft is on a distinguished road

Hope you all goes well for you giving improvements to health and home life, work enjoyment and profitability.
Cheers, Bob.
Old 4th January 2016, 09:03

Patton is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris and Dan I hope life and work serve you well and are no longer a chore, onwards and upwards for 2016, I'll see you both soon....
Old 4th January 2016, 09:31

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Chris - Good luck with the new arrangements in 2016, I really hope it all worked out well for you.

Take care, Paul.
Old 4th January 2016, 09:45

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Happy New year Chris and Dan.

Your plan sounds wise, you never have a shortage of good ideas and the results are always great.
I know its a business and we all have to make money but I hope you can keep your love for what you do.

Wishing you every success in 2016
Old 4th January 2016, 09:51

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Shall we start a sweep-stake on how many new Tribute models will appear at Stoneleigh this year?
Old 4th January 2016, 20:07

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Good luck with however you end up chopping things and as long as you end up enjoying rather than resenting what you end up with then that is all that matters!!

Best of luck matey!
Old 4th January 2016, 21:48

priceofhistoys is on a distinguished road

I wish someone would step up and get some of this stuff to the US market. Keep up the good work
Old 4th January 2016, 22:51

molleur is on a distinguished road

If I were not old and broke, I would be asking about a licensing arrangement!
Old 4th January 2016, 23:18

Danny_HUFC is on a distinguished road

Honestly I dont really understand this statement at all. Not sure if its just me but if I was in your shoes Chris/Dan I would be thinking of employees and expansion, you should never look at old business failures and not wanting to go down the same route. Other kit car businesses are not the same ase yours. Ive never seen a business with so much potential as tribute automotive. It seems a shame.
Old 5th January 2016, 03:51

Car photographer is on a distinguished road

Sounds interesting - wish you the best of luck - looking forward to seeing what's coming up
Old 5th January 2016, 07:45

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_HUFC View Post
Honestly I dont really understand this statement at all. Not sure if its just me but if I was in your shoes Chris/Dan I would be thinking of employees and expansion, you should never look at old business failures and not wanting to go down the same route. Other kit car businesses are not the same ase yours. Ive never seen a business with so much potential as tribute automotive. It seems a shame.
Danny, Think one man burger van VS multiple Burger King franchises.....
Old 5th January 2016, 08:25

smash is on a distinguished road

If the product is good, licensing is a great profitable model with no everyday running headaches/risk apart from having to be able to monitor units sold by licensee (and that is the key to whole thing)

Good idea, best of luck
Old 5th January 2016, 10:19

ned is on a distinguished road

Sounds like the way forward to me Chris good luck in everything you and Dan do in the future , looking forward to the new products .What is the burger van going to be based on ?
Old 5th January 2016, 12:35

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

As long as quality is good and prices are still competitive then this is a good business model.
Old 5th January 2016, 12:55

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

If Tribute did burger vans...

Old 5th January 2016, 18:39

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

If Tribute did Pizza vans...

Old 5th January 2016, 19:23

landmannnn is on a distinguished road

Good luck with it Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_HUFC View Post
Danny, if you do the maths (on Chris' behalf), if he employed someone at £30k pa cost to employ, he would probably have to sell an extra 60 to 100 kits per year just to break even. All very well in theory, but the market for these kits is pretty limited.