Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 25th October 2012, 23:53

Vera is on a distinguished road
Default Massively disappointed...

Gary, I've put this off for a very long time, and it saddens me to have to raise it here, but you leave me with little choice.

After repeated calls, emails, pm's and requests on other threads, you still refuse to get in touch. I'm sorry, but I know it was only 90quid, but it was handed over to you at Stonleigh, and I've heard absolutely NOTHING FROM YOU SINCE.

Despite all of your promises when I was having issues with the frame, you didnt hold up to them.

To be perfectly straight, keep the money if it makes you feel better, but I'm very disappointed with the utter lack of respect and common decency you've displayed.

If any admins would like to review my Incoming and outgoing PM's to verify my attempts at contacting LancelotLink, please feel absolutely free.
Available from eBay
Old 26th October 2012, 00:19

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road
Question

This is not the place for kangaroo court, a friendly helpfull forum for all builders to enjoy, personal issues should be sorted offline. Nobody Knows what your problems are but i suggest you keep them between you and G J not the world wide web.
Old 26th October 2012, 01:00

donnysoutherner is on a distinguished road

I'm afraid I have to agree with the originator on this one. I too have been trying to even get a response from Gary (or Andy) with regard to the missing parts of my order which have been promised for months.

I would dearly love to keep this off the forum and speak to Gary personally about it but he steadfastly refuses to answer any phone calls and PMs.

It is only fair (given that this forum is deicated to the good and the bad of building a Sammio) that all those who are building or might be thinking of building a Sammio get to hear both sides of the story.

Nice cars, fun to build, many happy customers, but by no means all.
Old 26th October 2012, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho pops View Post
This is not the place for kangaroo court, a friendly helpfull forum for all builders to enjoy, personal issues should be sorted offline. Nobody Knows what your problems are but i suggest you keep them between you and G J not the world wide web.
As I alluded to in my original post, I've tried every other avenue to get a response, and therefore this is the one I least wanted to use. Be under no illusion, I'm not happy about doing it, but I've been left with no option.

One of the reasons for giving up the build was the months of waiting for parts that meant moving forward with the build would have been a waste of time. This has just dragged the enthusiasm out of me.

This isn't personal, it's a customers issue with a supplier, nothing more.
Old 26th October 2012, 09:19

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Guys, this is a very awkward situation for me as you may well understand.

When I took on Sammio on 2nd June, it was understood that I did not take on financial or manufacturing responsibility for prior orders to that date, which unfortunately both of the complainants here are. Wherever possible I have bent the rules a little to try to keep the company name clear but ultimately the remit for your parts lies with Gary.

I'm in no place to make any comment about Gary's availability or communication and I would be well out of place saying my own handling would be perfect. I do feel for you and Donny, for you at least, I can see a way forward as I will be manufacturing parts here in Preston soon and will liaise with you to make sure you get your pans for your existing project (At least it can be sorted for just the material cost to me). Vera, I'm afraid as you don't need a solid object but a refund for purchases prior to my take over, I do have to ask to keep trying to contact Gary.

PP, I do agree that the forum should be kept to builds and general banter but I also understand Vera and Donny's frustration.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
Guys, this is a very awkward situation for me as you may well understand.

When I took on Sammio on 2nd June, it was understood that I did not take on financial or manufacturing responsibility for prior orders to that date, which unfortunately both of the complainants here are. Wherever possible I have bent the rules a little to try to keep the company name clear but ultimately the remit for your parts lies with Gary.

I'm in no place to make any comment about Gary's availability or communication and I would be well out of place saying my own handling would be perfect. I do feel for you and Donny, for you at least, I can see a way forward as I will be manufacturing parts here in Preston soon and will liaise with you to make sure you get your pans for your existing project (At least it can be sorted for just the material cost to me). Vera, I'm afraid as you don't need a solid object but a refund for purchases prior to my take over, I do have to ask to keep trying to contact Gary.

PP, I do agree that the forum should be kept to builds and general banter but I also understand Vera and Donny's frustration.
Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply. You were good enough to contact me in reply to my trying to get hold of Gary, and were attempting to get Gary to respond, on my behalf. For that I'm grateful.

I want to be explicitly clear that this is an issue prior to Andy taking over and is in no way related to him or the company as it now stands.

I personally was going to drop the whole thing, but unfortunately my wife is Head of Legal for a large telecoms company and a Barrister and insisted I did everything I could to get a response. And SWMBO is very much that at times.

Andy, it's a cracking product, and best of luck. And Noob, I want progress reports (and maybe a drive ). And to everyone else, good luck.

Many thanks

Karl

Last edited by Vera; 26th October 2012 at 10:47..
Old 31st October 2012, 18:28

donnysoutherner is on a distinguished road

in the interests of fairness I'd just like to post that Andy has now contacted me and is trying his best to sort things out. The issues were prior to Andy taking on the company but nonetheless he is working to sort it out. many thanks Andy.
Old 1st November 2012, 00:39

craigt is on a distinguished road

I'll echo that Donny, i'm still short on some items but I have full confidence in Andy