Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th July 2015, 22:51

ericholm is on a distinguished road
Default Nubodi Automotive - Reading

Hi All,

I went to visit Richard at Nubodi Automotive (near Reading) today with my 13 year old daughter to look at his 250 SWB 'Kalifornia' and Z300S.

Firstly what a nice chap and happy to spend the time talking to a noob like me, asking very irritating questions I am sure. He told me he has been doing Kits for some time mainly focusing on Z3 based kits and mainly Kobra's

As my kit is due in around 4 weeks time I had lots of questions to ask and as he had the car there showed me a lot of what I needed to know. Relocating power steering components, door fitments, boot fitments, bonnet fitting, foglamp location and grill, Door handles, Wheels and tyres, capping off roll bar holes, seating, brake vent, exhausts fitting and modification, and so on.

The first impressions of the 250 SWB Convertible are that I have definitely made the right kit choice and the Exhaust note Richard has got with his modified exhaust is exactly right and it is a 3.0i like mine so hoping to replicate it as much as possible. It sounds mega and just right for the car. I think its going to cost me a fortune in fuel just revving it to hear the note

Richard told me his car will be featuring soon in a kit car magazine so I took no photos of it and I think when it appears in the magazine it will look amazing as it certainly did in the 'flesh' and I am sure he will be doing lots more finishing touches.

My daughter was banging on telling me on the way back all the things that I have to do to my car based on what she had seen, and it certainly seemed to get her approval! especially the exhaust note. However she is trying to persuade me to paint it the same colour as Richards, but I am sold on a slightly different look.

Note - I have no affiliation with Nubodi's but wanted to let others know that Richard who heads up the company is a decent chap. and its good to know that there is someone out there who has been there and done that!
Available from eBay