Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 18th July 2013, 23:25
Kit Car Dreamer

GJGB is on a distinguished road
Default Seat Slides / Recaro

I've got some rather nice Recaro seats and have been looking for mountings / slides.

Checking the seats out in the car shows that I sure as hell don't need them raised! I'm looking at the Recaro Universal double locking slides at £70 odd but without coughing up for them I can't see if they are long enough front to back to meet up with the under-floor (chassis) brackets.. looks like they are too short.

What has anyone else used for seat mounts/slides? Maybe I get the Recaros and weld (or bolt) them to a a flat steel section 25 x 400 or so to allow bolting to the chassis brackets? Any thoughts?

Greg
Available from eBay
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:38
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

The mounts on the chassis are Recaro spacing, I use the sliders you talk about on mine and they're spot on. They also only raise the seat by about 1", you don't want anymore than that.
You might get a slightly cheaper solution from car builder solutions, but check the bolt spacing.
You can also get a bracket from Recaro that will sit between the runner and seat and give you a mount for the buckle part of the seat belt, well worth having so the buckle moves with the seat and you don't need to have those incredible ugly flexible buckles.