Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 6th June 2009, 17:03

Flip is on a distinguished road
Default Toyota clear front indicators

If anyone is interested there are a pair of clear indicator lights going on ebay for not a lot of money. See item 160340083183. I would have gone for them myself only its UK delivery only. Good luck
Available from eBay
Old 7th June 2009, 10:20
Enthusiast

ricola is on a distinguished road

Be careful as the phantom uses an odd year celica part which is a slightly different length than most. To my knowledge (after a LOT of looking!) the only option is protocast...
Old 7th June 2009, 19:14

Red face Clear front indicators

Ooops Tell me more. Chris never mentioned anything about this. It might well be that I have thrown a few quid down the drain. Ordered some lights from the USA. Never mind - life is an expensive experience. Thanks for the warning. Flip
Old 8th June 2009, 21:20
Enthusiast

ricola is on a distinguished road

I can't remember the year specifics, but this one definitely fits:
http://www.protocast.co.uk/toyota.html
Old 9th June 2009, 06:36

Thanks for that. OK - so its 94 - 96. Sod's law prevails. I have ordered 92 - 93. Anybody want any clear Toyota Celica 92 - 93 clear front indicator lights? Going cheap!!!!!!!!!
Flip
Old 11th June 2009, 19:10
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

You can make the shorter ones fit, i've done it to my car and Chris then copied it for his, they look quite smart, but obviously it does mean modding the body slightly and touching a bit of paint up.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:28

Default The wrong sized lights

Thanks for the thought. Under normal circumstance I would do as you have suggested but.......... mine's the Pearl one. No chance to touch up scratches let alone fill and respray. Mine was put together by Phantom(as was or Vortex Cars as is) I am only just getting to grips with the car but am missing all the documentation, especially the wiring diagram. I keep getting tips from Chris which is helping. How about a few pics of your car to give me some inspiration?

I have tried to encourage Chris to re-open the web site but he seems to put a low priority on it. Shame really.

Thanks for the thought.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:53
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

I've been talking to chris about the website too, there is some work in progress.

There isn't really a wiring diagram for the car as you've got the proper Phantom loom, the chap who does the loom won't let anyone have a diagram, I tried and in the end decided if he wouldnt supply a diagram I wouldn't buy his loom.
I have got copies of all the rover wiring diagrams if they'd help, depends what you're after.

I'll try and find some decent pics of the car, not all done yet though, still a lot of work in progress, especially as the engine conversion will be starting fairly soon.
Old 25th January 2015, 07:19

GttNz is on a distinguished road

I've been looking for some aftermarket (preferably dark but if not available then clear) front indicators. I see Protocast list them as 94-96 but after much trawling I think it's only 94-95 as there was a facelift in 96 - can anyone confirm the exact years? Assuming I've got that right - anyone know of any dark ones?
Old 11th February 2015, 08:23

GttNz is on a distinguished road

As an update, I ordered clear ones made by "Depo" as I couldn't find dark ones. They swap straight for the OEM ones and are marked as '94-95' Toyota Celica. IMHO they aren't top notch quality wise but they look quite smart and will be fine for me.