Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 11th December 2013, 16:12
Kit Car Dreamer

GJGB is on a distinguished road
Default GTR body lift with hoist?

Hi all,

I'd like to test fit the body onto the chassis now all the running gear is in place but am not keen on the "four strong blokes, one on each wheel arch" approach as it looks a bit under-controlled.

I believe I saw pics on somebody's build log of the body suspended from a hoist?

That looks to be a more controlled way to lower the body and see what fouls etc.

Anyone want to tell me how they got their body onto the metal? If you hoisted it, what lifting points did you use? A beam right through the door apertures under the roof (and blocked up to lift on the cant rails) looks favorite?

Cheers,
Greg
Available from eBay
Old 11th December 2013, 23:45
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

Hi Greg,

I've done it both ways, first was with four blokes, then during the build I wanted it up again so used my hoist as I was on my own.
If you do decide to use a hoist then you need to make up some bits of wood for the strap to put the load onto, because at the top of the door apertures is the edge for the door seal, you'll break this if you don't spread the load. (talking from experience)

Is your body painted yet?