Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 3rd July 2006, 21:20
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road
Default Insurance

Who are you using, what can recommend? Ideally I need a policy that wont care if I make engine mods. Parts only seems like an idea to me to keep the costs down.

The car is getting close to preSVA mot. Its also going out of the house to get an exhaust made so I'd really like to get it insure before it goes.

Also very important someone who wont be too bothered by a 22 additional driver with a clean licence and motoring history.
Available from eBay
Old 5th July 2006, 11:57
Enthusiast

Not having that much luck with this, Adrian Flux wants £25 a day while it out having an exhaust fitted for "transit cover"

No one else will cover it unless it's inside the garage!
Old 5th July 2006, 17:49
Enthusiast

MartinClan is on a distinguished road
Default Insurance

The £25 per day I think is pretty normal while in transit. I seem to remember paying something like that when I collected my kit.

Most kit car insurance policies don't seem to worry about engine mods - after all if you have spent 12months plus building the thing (plus several ££££££s) it's pretty unlikey you are going to wrap it arround the nearest lampost.

I think the problem you are gonna have is your younger brother - some policies you have to be 25+ (no problem for me there's GOT to be some advantages in being an old git...)

Best advice - shop arround - there are loads of companies offering kit car insurance nowadays. When I insured my first kit car 24 years ago there was either Adrian Flux or Adrian Flux or Adrian Flux...

Robin
Old 5th July 2006, 21:01
Enthusiast

he he your right there. Hopefully it wont be too big a problem getting my brother insured!

I'll give Adrian Flux another go tomorrow - maybe just get cover for the days its being moved. While its at the garage I hope their insurance would cover it. The problem is Adrian flux wanted £25 for every day that is out the garage, which after a week really adds up!