Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 5th September 2008, 17:55

richampson is on a distinguished road
Default kits still available?

Hi all,

I'm considering starting a new project and I've always loved the GTR looks. However until I read a couple of threads on the forum I didn't think kit parts were still avaliable? Is there any way of getting a body/chassis or does anyone know about part build/ crash damaged cars looking for a new home?

I would be more than happy to start with just a body and fabricate the rest myself if the location of the moulds is known?
Available from eBay
Old 8th September 2008, 09:25
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

Kits are still available, I doubt Phantom/Vortex would be happy to sell you just a body, but there's no harm in asking.
There arent any crashed ones around at the moment AFAIK, however there may be some part built ones, I know there's a few people working on there's at the moment, Norman would know more details about this as he keeps track of everyones kit and what stage they're at.
The man you need to talk to though is Chris Greville Smith, you can contact him on 01926 857200.

The lead time on a chassis would vary depending if you want a honda or ford engine.
I know Phantom have a part built chassis, which you may be able to come to a deal with them on, and then complete it yourself, there's very little to do to it, mainly welding some bits back on as it had quite a few bits chopped off for an experimental electric car.