Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 17th April 2010, 13:01

Alth is on a distinguished road
Default Silver gtr kenilworth

Hiya,

I have been a fan of the vortex for a long time now, having first seen them at stoneleigh a good few years ago.
Anyway I live in Kenilworth and spotted a silver one parked in a driveway while I was cycling around... Anyone know whose it is, it's a nice looking car, I might have to confess to having had a peek through the windows etc!

I don't think I have enough cash to build one, but are they still available? Seems a shame that there are so few of such a lovely car around.
Available from eBay
Old 19th April 2010, 14:48
Enthusiast

kenmorton is on a distinguished road

Could be Chris Smith one of the directors of Phantom. (Eddy might be along to confirm this but he is a bit busy at the mo' trying to get his ready for Stoneliegh)
Kits are still available and are still being activly developed. Come along to Stonleigh as Chriss has got a stand indoors this year and the rest of us have an area outside and will be happy to chat as much as you want.
If you can't wait till then the new web site is here: http://www.vortex-auto.com/
Old 21st April 2010, 21:14
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

Hi Alth,
As Ken said it's the Voretex demonstrator, grab a copy of this months Complete Kit Car magazine and you can read an the article on the car.
The car will also be on the Vortex stand at the Stoneleigh show in a coupe of weeks time, Chris will also be there.
There's another Vortex/Phantom just down the road from where you saw the demonstrator, which is mine, however it's currently undergoing a radical rebuild, keep an eye out at the Stoneleigh show, and for Practical Performance Car, the rebuild is being documented in there over the next 8 months.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:47

Alth is on a distinguished road

Thanks both of you for for identifying it, there are so few around that I figured that someone here would know whose it was.

I will hopefully be at stoneleigh, It's only just down the road so I don't really have and excuse! I'll stop by the vortex plot and say hi, should be a good chance to have a look at how everyone have set the cars up..