Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 4th February 2013, 18:15

redratbike is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc14 View Post
Hello Chris, Here is a picture of my Kellison. This is at ride height. The gentleman that I purchased it from enlarged the wheel wells as he was going to go with giant 20 inch wheels in the back, 18 inch in the front. The hood was also cut so that a supercharger would be sticking through it. I will be building it old school I think. So, i will be reducing the wheel well size.

Having fun, John

Take some moulds quick........need to chip in and fly Chris out there lol
Old 16th June 2014, 21:59

ztrix is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 240z kit

Did you use this 240z Velo Rossa Kit as the starting point? http://www.ztrix.com/rebody-kit/velo-rossa/
Old 11th August 2016, 03:24

mashupmark is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, new member here!

The car featured at the start of this thread recently sold on ebay for £215, no, you didn't read that wrong, two hundred and fifteen quid!!!

It's in quite poor condition though.

Check out the photos here: http://imgur.com/a/mdNao

Hope it's interesting for someone of you to see the life of a this car.

Last edited by mashupmark; 11th August 2016 at 03:28.. Reason: added image
Old 11th August 2016, 07:42

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashupmark View Post
Hey guys, new member here!

The car featured at the start of this thread recently sold on ebay for £215, no, you didn't read that wrong, two hundred and fifteen quid!!!

It's in quite poor condition though.

Check out the photos here: http://imgur.com/a/mdNao

Hope it's interesting for someone of you to see the life of a this car.
Its interesting
For a start he advertised it as other parts, the fibreglass looks to be holding up well for 5 years.
"

Mazda mx5 shell with a fibre glass body of a Ferrari gto on top. All attached with the 1.6 automatic engine inside. It's now been stripped if you may have seen the listing a few weeks ago, you will also NOT receive the wheels. Can keep for loading but will need to be off when sold or scrapped. Yes scrapped!

This needs to go for someone who wants it as a project or even the engine. Log book is lost. What's missing. Handles, interior (most) steering wheel, switches, lights, exhaust.

This is a 3 day listing for bidding, but, after the 3 days of bidding and its not been picked up at the weekend or sooner, it will be run in to my local scrap yard, no questions ask, I don't have time for messers or non contact it needs to go!

Bid for what you see in pictures or what you want for parts, the whole lot goes just minus the wheels. Key is in the ignition still. I need my trailer back so collected or delivered if needed. Cash sale collect only or view of you want. A good project for someone i think. "

It doesn't mention why its a project and why its being stripped.

But at the end of the day - its a rebody.
I have spoken to people selling their mr2 Ferrari kit, they spent fortunes making it look right but then didn't like how the mr2 drove.

If you buy a dino based on a beetle - its still a beetle.

Its interesting to watch big prices being attached to the latest rebodies.
Sure they are pretty with varying levels of authentic details but at the end of the day its only as good as the donor.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:20

Barber is on a distinguished road

Good points made in the last few sentences. These are boys toys whether self build or not. The car & performance will always be that of the donor, warts and all. The fun is in the build/pose, not in creating ringers.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:34

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

How the hell did we all miss that one?
You can pick up a complete accident damaged 1.8 manual for under £300, would be a very cheap build.

If anyone still wants it it could be worth Emailing the seller in case the sale falls through, which they often do. Pay straight away and see if you can pay him to deliver. Very cheap project.
Would be worth Chris buying it, no to much work to have a finished painted demonstrator.
This was Tributes original car, if you look at the first build thread you can see the matching registration number.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 11th August 2016 at 08:54..
Old 11th August 2016, 09:34

Danny_HUFC is on a distinguished road

I wish i had of seen that! Id of bought it all day long
Old 11th August 2016, 09:37

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Would be nice if the forum could have an Ebay heads up section for people to post hidden gems like this.
Could have one section for cars/builds and another for parts.

I think I'm pretty good at searching Ebay but I missed this one, what else have I missed?
Old 11th August 2016, 10:24

mazdarazmataz is on a distinguished road

Damn!
Old 11th August 2016, 10:29

seanick is on a distinguished road

Threads like this do nothing to inspire new builds, or to maintain the value of finished cars.
However, this car used to look great, and I'm sure it will be again!
Carry on.
Old 11th August 2016, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Would be nice if the forum could have an Ebay heads up section for people to post hidden gems like this.
Could have one section for cars/builds and another for parts.

I think I'm pretty good at searching Ebay but I missed this one, what else have I missed?
Yup! No good posting it after. Its like the 'looka what you coulda won' at the end of bullseye when they bring a speed boat out......
Old 11th August 2016, 10:57

Does anyone have the origional post link?
Old 11th August 2016, 16:31

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_HUFC View Post
Does anyone have the origional post link?
Here it is

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Gt...p2047675.l2557

Typed in ferrari gto replica....that brings up the list of items then down the left hand side there is the option for sold or completed listings...clicked sold listings and there it was.....probably an easier way but it gets youthee
Old 11th August 2016, 23:20

mashupmark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
This was Tributes original car, if you look at the first build thread you can see the matching registration number.
This is the exact reason I posted this.

Not to mock it's current state, or laugh that you missed out on a bargain, or say all builds end up like this, or to complain on how an MX5 drives...

Jeeze guys, I thought you'd be happy someone has purchased a bargain and will hopefully restore it to it's once perfect state!
Old 12th August 2016, 03:13

landmannnn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Its interesting
For a start he advertised it as other parts, the fibreglass looks to be holding up well for 5 years.
"

Mazda mx5 shell with a fibre glass body of a Ferrari gto on top. All attached with the 1.6 automatic engine inside. It's now been stripped if you may have seen the listing a few weeks ago, you will also NOT receive the wheels. Can keep for loading but will need to be off when sold or scrapped. Yes scrapped!

This needs to go for someone who wants it as a project or even the engine. Log book is lost. What's missing. Handles, interior (most) steering wheel, switches, lights, exhaust.

This is a 3 day listing for bidding, but, after the 3 days of bidding and its not been picked up at the weekend or sooner, it will be run in to my local scrap yard, no questions ask, I don't have time for messers or non contact it needs to go!

Bid for what you see in pictures or what you want for parts, the whole lot goes just minus the wheels. Key is in the ignition still. I need my trailer back so collected or delivered if needed. Cash sale collect only or view of you want. A good project for someone i think. "

It doesn't mention why its a project and why its being stripped.
Looking at his sellers history he seems to have sold quite a lot of cars and vans in the £100 to £200 range, including a Scimitar!

Just a guess as to where he is getting them, my guess is that he is one of those who will take away your old car to make some pocket money. (my money would be on a disgruntled ex who got bored of it on the driveway)

Somebody has got a bargain.