Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 20th September 2017, 14:18

kevemm is on a distinguished road

Same Here?? I think the red car at Total head turners was still registered as a BMW but from info I have had from the guy buying it it was in the process of being registered is that what this refers too?
Old 20th September 2017, 14:23

Phaeton is on a distinguished road

It's an illegally registered car, it is no longer a Reliant SS1 if should have been subject to an IVA or at least go down the radically altered vehicle route https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registrat...tered-vehicles
Old 20th September 2017, 14:34

froggyman is on a distinguished road

It has a separate chassis so no test needed!!!!
Old 20th September 2017, 14:40
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

Hi
Not that its any of your business,
but we have sent the paperwork off to DVSA to get it changed to a Sammio super sports. As it retains the original chassis, running gear and suspension, it is just a paper exercise. We have done many such kits concerning renames. If you want to know the exact situation and legal standing we suggest you read the article in the next TKC magazine which we wrote. It explains the SVA and amnesty, the requirement to IVA and ANPR cameras, etc.
Old 20th September 2017, 14:43

Barber is on a distinguished road

And the same situation basically exists for any kit car bought and sold. Let the buyer beware, do the right checks. Red Herring alert.
Old 20th September 2017, 14:48

Oh dear I appear to have touched a nerve otherwise your response would not be so aggressive, if as you say you wrote an article then you would know the vehicle is currently in an illegal state, will you advise all potential buyers of this? Why mention amnesty which is something that stopped/closed years ago & has no relevance.
Old 20th September 2017, 15:16
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

There is no need to advise potential buyers as the paperwork will be back any day not that we have to justify ourselves to you
The amnesty was mentioned as part of the history leading up to the present situation, we were not suggesting its still current.
Please you have made your point now move on
Old 20th September 2017, 15:26

ROFL oh dear, what's your next step to send the boys round?
Old 20th September 2017, 15:53

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Oh dear I appear to have touched a nerve otherwise your response would not be so aggressive, if as you say you wrote an article then you would know the vehicle is currently in an illegal state, will you advise all potential buyers of this? Why mention amnesty which is something that stopped/closed years ago & has no relevance.
I didn't think the response was aggressive at all ...merely someone a bit annoyed at a third party making unfound and unresearched statements on the world wide web ...potential customers could well be reading this thread and might be put off by your 'inaccuracies'' ...that would certainly annoy me , if it was my car ...Richard was a whole lot more diplomatic than many others may have been ..
The phrase 'Ringer' suggests its had its identity changed , so I am led to believe...where's the evidence of that ? !!!!
The V5c not stating exactly what the changes are is , as Richard said , a paperwork exercise thats underway ...even when hes done it , the record online won't update straight away ...
V5c in the process of being altered doesn't render a car illegal ....

I would probably have done my homework a bit better before I came on here throwing accusations about ...

It's not my argument ...but justifies responses from people as , in the same way , potential buyers can read your damaging statements , they can read the replies putting their minds at rest too ...
Old 20th September 2017, 16:05

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ROFL oh dear, what's your next step to send the boys round?
Phaeton, could you ask your mother and father to adjust the Parental Controls on your router so that we don't have to put up with you?
Old 20th September 2017, 19:57

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Does no-one care that the car on Ebay is a ringer & could be seized & crushed? Or if involved in an accident would not be insured & the driver personally liable?
Phaeton (or is it Micha/RochdaleGT?)

A couple of quick definitions for you:

A 'ringer' is a stolen car that has had its identification numbers replaced by a set from another - usually written-off - car, which effectively changes the car's identity.

Defamation is split into two legal bases that a person can sue for: slander and libel. Slander is defamation of a person through a transient form of communication, generally speech. Libel is defamation of a person through a permanent form of communication, mostly the written word.

Therefore you have just committed libel by accusing Richard @ Nubudi (in writing) of stealing a car and changing its identity.

As you do not appear to care about these "facts", why should anyone care about anything else you have got to say?

Either way, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, despite fact we have been through this so many times already.

In fact, here is something I prepared earlier.

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...&postcount=258
Old 20th September 2017, 20:27

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Yes it has the tone of someone who posted previously and Paul hit the nail on the head with the previous names ....very strange people out there for sure

Joined December 2016 and decided to post today about something that has been covered before many times by persons mentioned ....or all the same person?

Last edited by redratbike; 20th September 2017 at 20:30..
Old 21st September 2017, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
Phaeton, could you ask your mother and father to adjust the Parental Controls on your router so that we don't have to put up with you?
Yes I could be they would have to ask me how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Phaeton (or is it Micha/RochdaleGT?)

A couple of quick definitions for you: <snip rest of total bollox>

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...&postcount=258
Thank you for the link , so we are in agreement that the car is as advertised illegal to be used o UK roads, not withstanding the use of silver/black number plates on a post 1973 car, or it's questionable MOT if it passed with them fitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
Yes it has the tone of someone who posted previously and Paul hit the nail on the head with the previous names ....very strange people out there for sure

Joined December 2016 and decided to post today about something that has been covered before many times by persons mentioned ....or all the same person?
Just for clarity never heard of the people/posters you mention

Looks like it's more than one of you whose feathers I have ruffled, I thought it was quite an innocent question clearly not. It would appear that you are all happy with the situation or dare I suggest complicit with this activity & almost appear to encourage it. It would appear Barber has it down to a tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Why should anyone on this website care about that,
So what's the collectives view on somebody buying a Sevenlookiliky kit, building it, then buying a V5C of an existing kitcar, scrapping it & using the VIN & identity on their newly built car?
Old 21st September 2017, 08:17

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Phaeton, don't be late for school.

Last edited by oxford1360; 21st September 2017 at 08:20..
Old 21st September 2017, 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
Phaeton, don't be late for school.
I'm already behind my desk but thank you for your concern
Old 21st September 2017, 09:02

Quote:
I'm already behind my desk but thank you for your concern
Well get on with something constructive and stop being a prat!!
You obviously are just here trying to stir up something out of nothing that is actually none of your business.
We are a friendly forum and don't need idiots like you. I suggest JG blocks your posts as you have nothing constructive to offer.
Old 21st September 2017, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggyman View Post
Well get on with something constructive and stop being a prat!!
You obviously are just here trying to stir up something out of nothing that is actually none of your business.
We are a friendly forum (yeah right) and don't need idiots like you. I suggest JG blocks your posts as you have nothing constructive to offer.
Actually I wasn't, as previously stated it was a genuine question what a group of supposedly kit car enthusiasts thought about a dodgy registered car being sold. I would have liked to have had a constructive conversation about the subject but it is clear none of you are capable of that, or at least your name calling & childish behaviour alludes to that. So I shall leave it there & you get your wish.
Old 21st September 2017, 10:37

Does no-one care that the car on Ebay is a ringer & could be seized & crushed? Or if involved in an accident would not be insured & the driver personally liable?
Originally posted by Phaeton.

The above was not a genuine question, it is a statement about a car which is being sold by someone well known within the Kit Car industry. If you want a constructive conversation about it, ring him.
I think your allegations about this car and owner unfounded and the answers you have received from Paul and Richard are factual and correct.

Last edited by froggyman; 21st September 2017 at 10:38.. Reason: missing text
Old 21st September 2017, 13:42

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
<snip rest of total bollox>
Well, far be it from me to try to save you from yourself...

But if you want to be a Troll in the year 2017, you should at the very least keep up to date with legal case law.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7658146.html
Old 21st September 2017, 14:25

Barber is on a distinguished road

Starve them of oxygen.I have enough experience on footy forums to know that this sort don't care about facts, criticism, balance or anything else, disregarding age or intelligence.