Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Old 15th January 2024, 15:26
Enthusiast

MartinClan is on a distinguished road

Good progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post

Lots of flap-wheeling, de-greasing and painting of the frame are my next tasks.
Ah - don't envy you that task - it took me several goes with the Marlin chassis although it was grubbier than your Dutton one. In particular, as it had a Morris drivetrain, it was very very greasy and oily. I suppose on the upside that kept the rust at bay. In most places anyway....
Old 16th January 2024, 16:37

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Arctic Adventure...

Thanks Martin, encouragement is always most welcome .

I made an earlyish start this morning, rugged up with two boiler suits, a fleece, and my newly bought Trapper Hat. I g-clamped the seat belt mounting frame to the Workmate and disced off the errant ends. I also cut angles at the front ends of its longitudinal members to prevent 'digging in' on imagined extra high speed bumps, and more where it sat very near the diff. Bolting it back showed satisfactory clearances.

I then retrieved the seat bucket from the body heap and dropped it into place in readiness for accurately marking the belt attachment holes.

Using the ever useful ratchet strap, the Workmate and not a little effort , I heaved the front end up far enough to crawl beneath armed with correction fluid and marked the gismo.

Clamping it to the Workmate again I drilled pilot holes in anticipation of offering up the belts and sufficiently opening up said holes.

Despite spending a frustrating hour turning both sheds upside down, the belts (bought Sept. 22) remained stubbornly hidden in whatever 'safe place' I'd stowed them. A little disheartened, not to mention cold, I called it a day.

Regards, Mick
Old 16th January 2024, 18:51
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post

Despite spending a frustrating hour turning both sheds upside down, the belts (bought Sept. 22) remained stubbornly hidden in whatever 'safe place' I'd stowed them. A little disheartened, not to mention cold, I called it a day.

Regards, Mick
That happened to me a couple of times during my 'extended' build.
If it helps, I think my Securon belts came in white boxes with black printing.
Hoping that might help you find them.