Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Old No.7 Builds

Old No.7 Builds 275 kits from Dan

Old 30th April 2018, 07:05

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
It must be great seeing these photos from the other side of the world and knowing they will be heading your way soon.

Good luck, Paul.
Thanks Paul, a bit surreal really spending all this money and not being able to talk face to face or touch/feel, but I will say to anyone who is watching this and wants to “delve in” it has been a really easy process to work with Chris/Dan. From what I can tell from the pictures the output will be of a high standard.
I learnt heavily from you previous builders and threads from the Tribute clan and saw that worrying about the process from this far away was something I didn’t need to do. Tribute/Old No7 have helped me every step along the way to make it easy. One thing I do miss tho when finished is the camaraderie of the enthusiasts and builders via the shows/get togethers. The kit scene is reasonably small in NZ and monstered by the hot rod and muscle car scenes.
A few car shows tho I can get the car to so will enjoy those!
Looking forward to more photos this week prior to completion and packing!
Old 30th April 2018, 19:15

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

When I picked my kit up, everything was present and correct. It was all hung from their donor so I could see how everything went together and it was all explained.
A refreshing change, I get sick of things that are incomplete or missing and it seems to be the norm rather than the exception.
Old 30th April 2018, 21:30

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshkiwi View Post
The kit scene is reasonably small in NZ and monstered by the hot rod and muscle car scenes.
You will find genuine Hot Rodders and not just scene-sters will appreciate your car for what it is and the style it represents ...you will be made welcome I am sure ...
Old 1st May 2018, 04:48

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
You will find genuine Hot Rodders and not just scene-sters will appreciate your car for what it is and the style it represents ...you will be made welcome I am sure ...
Very true Lancelot. I enjoy the car shows whatever the theme but just miss the stoneleigh, true kitcar shows and definitely miss the auto jumble scene when you need parts etc. You are right tho I am sure the car will be well received, being one of a kind over these parts will turn a few heads! Cheers.
Old 1st May 2018, 04:52

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
When I picked my kit up, everything was present and correct. It was all hung from their donor so I could see how everything went together and it was all explained.
A refreshing change, I get sick of things that are incomplete or missing and it seems to be the norm rather than the exception.
Bang on Jag, I am hearing you. People tend not to have as much pride in their work or service/respect for the other party at times these days. What I will say tho is Chris/Dan break the mould and have those old school values in how they treat people and have so much passion in what they do it is almost like they are building it for themselves. Going big is great, but when you lose the passion and churn out for the sake of it does it mean better? I tend to think not.... Cheers.
Old 1st May 2018, 06:27

Cool More Bling arrived!

Hi guys - here's the mirrors I am fitting to the Italia 275.
(Labelled as Tex Automotive Classic - Torpedo/Bullet Racing mirrors)

Old 1st May 2018, 07:35

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

They look great but I would suggest bolting them to the car and trying them first. Most of these type of mirrors give an awful rear view. Try and get some convex mirrors rather than flat.
With the mirrors it is I'm afraid a case of style over practicability. I discarded 2 sets before ending up with my current set.
Another problem is the chrome, it can rust before your eyes, it just doesn't have the quality of old chrome, stainless is better but I have had 3 sets of headlight rims rust already and they were sold to me as stainless steel.
Old 1st May 2018, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
They look great but I would suggest bolting them to the car and trying them first. Most of these type of mirrors give an awful rear view. Try and get some convex mirrors rather than flat.
With the mirrors it is I'm afraid a case of style over practicability. I discarded 2 sets before ending up with my current set.
Another problem is the chrome, it can rust before your eyes, it just doesn't have the quality of old chrome, stainless is better but I have had 3 sets of headlight rims rust already and they were sold to me as stainless steel.
Yup understand. I have seen the feedback on other posts in regard to the rear views, but as you say visuals/style are 90% of why these are fitted! They are stainless so hopefully last the distance, we’ll see.....I paid enough for these so i’ll stick with the flat surface and see how I go. Cheers.
Old 1st May 2018, 09:02

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

New chrome isn't as good that's for sure. There is stainless steel and stainless steel, the lower grades do rust. You need to go for 316 or high chrome content material but you wont always know at point of purchase. I work in the oil and gas supply chain, customers specify the highest grades stainless steel but we are sometimes let down by suppliers and get fobbed off with the wrong grades!
For car bits the best way to keep parts shiny for longer is to spray them with WD40 and just polish them up when you go to shows etc!
Old 1st May 2018, 15:02

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
New chrome isn't as good that's for sure. There is stainless steel and stainless steel, the lower grades do rust. You need to go for 316 or high chrome content material but you wont always know at point of purchase. I work in the oil and gas supply chain, customers specify the highest grades stainless steel but we are sometimes let down by suppliers and get fobbed off with the wrong grades!
For car bits the best way to keep parts shiny for longer is to spray them with WD40 and just polish them up when you go to shows etc!
And the car will look like it has been driven long and hard to boot.
Old 2nd May 2018, 04:45

Talking If you are susceptible to coveting - Look away now!

Hi guys,

More from the production - (Just so you know the first pic has been photo-shopped lowered to see what it looked like). You may be able to see my smile from the UK! Some more work going on in the background on headlight buckets and rear parcel shelf as well as front indicator positions. More pics soon.

Final Panels - Lowered

Final Light recesses
Old 2nd May 2018, 13:10

molleur is on a distinguished road

Looking fantastic!
Old 2nd May 2018, 20:19

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Is this a one off or will it be available as a kit???
Old 2nd May 2018, 22:13
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

It’s looking very nice indeed.

I even like the Beemer wheels on it when it’s dropped like that

Dave
Old 3rd May 2018, 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
Is this a one off or will it be available as a kit???
Hi RRB, only Chris @ Tribute and Dan @ Old No 7 can tell you that. They have put a lot of time and effort into this one so it would be a shame if not available. As for me being in NZ whilst I would like to get mine on the road first, very unlikely I will bump into another one in the short term! Give Chris a ring and see what he/Dan says. Cheers.
Old 3rd May 2018, 04:13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
It’s looking very nice indeed.

I even like the Beemer wheels on it when it’s dropped like that

Dave
Thanks Dave, same here I like fact that my donor wheels will work in the short term if they fit under the arches. Long term I am still looking at either 72 spoke wires or Dunlop racing wheels for the vintage look, but great start tho. Anyone got a set of Dunlop wheels they want to get rid of? (I have seen the ones on eBay, trying to get a slightly better price point /nz dollar exchange as with shipping they will cost me a fair bit!) cheers.
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:37

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Someone on Ebay ( UK ) was doing Dunlop look wheels to fit the Z3. Don't know if they are still listed or not.
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
Someone on Ebay ( UK ) was doing Dunlop look wheels to fit the Z3. Don't know if they are still listed or not.
here you go..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dunlop-ra...0AAOSwxu5ZKrjA
Old 3rd May 2018, 20:33
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

They are being sold by Justin at Grassbank. He provides the non mgb rear glass for the 250 SWB. I have been told he has one of the best examples around although not seen it. Even in pictures.

Those Dunlop’s look very good. What has been done by other members is pretty damn good though.

Dave
Old 3rd May 2018, 20:49

Dave, have a look here..

http://www.grassbank.co.uk/