Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 30th July 2019, 21:07

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Some events coming up;

2-4th August Gloucestershire Vintage Extravaganza at Cirencester, Gloucestershire.

11th August Specials Show at the Cotswolds Wildlife Park ( details in Ian's post above ). All sorts of Kit Cars, both old and new.

18th August Tewkesbury Classic Vehicle Show. Huge event now with everything from Edwardian cars to modern super cars and everything in between !
Old 15th August 2019, 22:47

Sunday 18th August is the Tewkesbury Classic car Show

A really big event , all sorts from vintage to modern super cars. Trade stands, small auto jumble, etc
Just off the M5 J9 at Tewkesbury High School.

Monday 26th August is the Pershore Plum Festival Classic Car Show.

Around 500 cars on show last year, something for everyone. Part of the town is closed off with street markets, music, food festival etc. Car show is held in the abbey grounds
Old 19th August 2019, 23:33

Tewkesbury was a great day out. Full to over flowing in the main field with plenty of interesting vehicles and half decent auto jumble. Wish I'd taken my camera ! Henry Cole and his best mate Sam Lovegrove were there filming for an instalment of Shed & Buried. Really nice guys and happy to chat.

Pershore Plum Festival Classic Car meet on the bank holiday Monday is a similar event and well worth a look if you're in the area.

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 26th August 2019 at 20:22..
Old 20th August 2019, 13:39

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking Gloucester Retro Festival 2019

This Saturday, the 24th, is Retro Festival Day in the centre of Gloucester. Here's what I posted last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
Yesterday was the Gloucester Retro Festival. A friend had told me that he was unable to take his 50s Sunbeam along to display and offered me his ticket. Gloucester retains its medieval cross layout, with the four streets named after the main compass points. For the festival, one is 40s and before; one 50s; one 60s; and the other 70s to date.

So at 0800, wearing my white racing overalls, cheesecutter cap and shirt and tie I fired up the 352 and pootled the mile or so to my first come, first served slot near the pedestrianised cross. The Royalists laid siege to Gloucester in the civil war and I soon discovered how the Parliamentarians must have felt, with the fine weather bringing out the GBP in hordes. I fielded so many questions during my nine hours at the car's side that I was hoarse by the end of the day. More than a few said that mine was car of the show (out of a good hundred or so), very flattering! In a bizarre piece of synchronicity, a guy I know from near Bath was displaying his '1940s Alfa Romeo' and was wearing an almost identical 'gentleman racer' outfit. and some of the above mentioned flatterers had also mentioned his car as an equal favourite. Weird.

A great day out, so busy I didn't take any pictures, although one professionally captured will appear soon (Here it is, from a later post).

p.s. Just performed a quick Goggle and found a picture of the 'Alfa'. It's a much darker red in the flesh.

I shall be there in the A352.

Regards, Mick
Old 21st August 2019, 10:06

Default I found......

this, this morning.

Regards, Mick
Old 26th August 2019, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
Tewkesbury was a great day out. Full to over flowing in the main field with plenty of interesting vehicles and half decent auto jumble. Wish I'd taken my camera ! Henry Cole and his best mate Sam Lovegrove were there filming for an instalment of Shed & Buried. Really nice guys and happy to chat.

Pershore Plum Festival Classic Car meet on the bank holiday Monday is a similar event and well worth a look if you're in the area.
Went over to Pershore earlier today and they wouldn't let me onto the Abbey grounds with my car ! A bit disappointed I parked up on the side of the road in a nearby housing estate along with a dozen or more other classic owners. Got to the Abbey only to find half the site was empty and an empty fun fair in the corner ! There was a large contingent of Triumphs and MG's plus a few clubs. They seemed to be in the know as it is now a pre booked, ticket holder only event.
Probably give it a miss next year !
Old 29th August 2019, 23:07

Prescott Hill climb Breakfast Club

Sunday 1st September ( am )

Another excuse for a drive out into the Cotswolds !

Tea, coffee and a full English if you want, just turn up, no pre booking required!
Old 1st September 2019, 17:54

IanA is on a distinguished road
Default RHOCaR End of Season Bash 13-15 September 2019

RHOCaR - The UK Kit Car Club

RHOCaR are holding their 2019 End of Season Bash 13-15 September. It's a "fun filled camping weekend of cars, drink, food, drink,
bingo, oh and a little bit of drinking!

Held at Market Harborough Show Ground with ample space for caravans and tents alike. All are welcome, whether they own a kit car
or not with something for everyone, with inflatables/bouncy castles for the kids (and big kids) and a drive out with a lunch stop at a local pub.

Price is £18 per person and includes camping for the entire weekend, under 16s are free - please add under16s tickets to your basket
at point of order - https://www.rhocar.org/index.php?/st...child-tickets/
Old 10th September 2019, 23:41

Following the success of the Bromyard Speed Festival the organisers have decided to host a number of breakfast club gatherings at Legges Café just outside Bromyard town centre.
The first event is on the morning of 29th September. It is free to attend but the organisers would like you to pre book so they can accommodate everyone.

5 - 6th October is the Prescott Autumn Classic which is now a very well established event. Lots of track action, wall of death, live music, food and drink etc. Big American influence , period ( 50's- 60's ) dress code if that's your thing !
Old 15th September 2019, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanA View Post
RHOCaR - The UK Kit Car Club

RHOCaR are holding their 2019 End of Season Bash 13-15 September.
My first attendance at this show at the Market Harborough Showground (it's a large field). Lots of fun with the impromptu line-up shown, the bouncy castle and obstacle course, Saturday lunch-time drive-out, an autotest on the grass in the afternoon, (surprisingly competitive) a few trade stands and a marquee with bar and bingo and live music in the evening. There was a charity car show at the adjacent Harborough Business Centre on the Sunday morning attended by a wide variety of vehicles, old and new.
In the pic you can see my Fury, 2nd from left and just right of centre: Stuart's 250SWB Kali- he came for the day and it's for sale...

A very small and friendly event which is only going to grow with each passing year due to the enthusiasm of its participants which now include me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3738a.jpg (91.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by IanA; 16th September 2019 at 08:07.. Reason: Organised drive-out on Saturday lunch-time.
Old 17th September 2019, 17:00

Default Kop Hill Hillclimb near Aylesbury, Bucks

It's time for the 2019 Kop Hill Hillclimb on 21/22 September.

Details at: https://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/

Advance tickets are cheaper but are not available after 20 September for this year.

By car or bike – up on the hill from Princes Risborough with plenty of space to park. The hill is located just 15 minutes from the M40 Junctions 4 or 6, off the A4010 mid-way between High Wycombe and Aylesbury. Look for the signs for Kop Hill Climb. For those who rely on electronic maps, set your Sat Nav to HP27 0LA and follow the signs.

Public parking is FREE

By train – Chiltern Railways run regular trains from London Marylebone or from the Banbury and Birmingham direction. The nearest station is Princes Risborough Station which is a 15 minute walk through the town and up to the festival on the hill.

By bus – it’s the Arriva 300 from either High Wycombe or Aylesbury which drops you just 5 minutes away.

Kop Hill Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks HP27 0LA. Map reference OS Sheet SP814030 E 481411, N 202962.
Old 29th September 2019, 10:03

Quote:
Following the success of the Bromyard Speed Festival the organisers have decided to host a number of breakfast club gatherings at Legges Café just outside Bromyard town centre. The first event is on the morning of 29th September. It is free to attend but the organisers would like you to book so they can accommodate everyone.
The e-mail acceptance of my application only arrived yesterday. It's a shame that the weather won't permit attendance .

Quote:
5-6th October is the Prescott Autumn Classic, which is now a very well established event. Lots of track action, wall of death, live music, food and drink etc. Big American influence, period (50's-60's) dress if that's your thing!
Once again this clashes with the Castle Combe Classic which has gone from strength to strength since its inception, apart from last year's monsoon themed iteration. I much prefer it to the US styled Prescott event, which I find rather tacky. Each to their own.........

Sunday 13th October is Prescott Breakfast Club. And Shelsley Breakfast Club. Seems a bit daft to me having them on the same day, but weather permitting I'll go to Prescott as it's both nearer and free.

Regards, Mick
Old 29th September 2019, 12:27

I might try the Castle Combe event this year, weather permitting !
Old 6th October 2019, 18:18

Default 2019 events to go to.

Next Sunday, 13th is the last Prescott Breakfast Meeting of the year. Hope the weather is kind, this time last year it was still warm and sunny !

Also next Sunday is the Malvern Classic Car Show at the Three Counties show ground. Usually well attended and a reasonable auto jumble.

Best showground in the country IMO, would like to camp there some time.
Old 6th October 2019, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanA View Post
Next Sunday, 13th is the last Prescott Breakfast Meeting of the year. Hope the weather is kind, this time last year it was still warm and sunny !

Also next Sunday is the Malvern Classic Car Show at the Three Counties show ground. Usually well attended and a reasonable auto jumble.

Best showground in the country IMO, would like to camp there some time.
I can vouch for Ian on this one, the show ground is in a great location at the foot of the Malvern Hills and just 2 minutes from home for me. There are some fantastic, quiet A and B roads with a couple of choice circuits that I love to drive on a sunny afternoon taking in Castle Moreton, Eastnor Castle, Ledbury and the surrounding areas. Some lovely country pubs to stop for lunch etc etc. South Worcestershire and Herefordshire haven't been spoilt yet with over development and too many people !
Old 7th October 2019, 20:58

I have to travel a bit further- 68 miles but that includes the A417 racetrack out of Gloucester and then the glorious B4208 almost the rest of the way. Once had a holiday in a cottage at Wych Crossing- superb views.
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:53

Another autojumble at Malvern Three Counties Show Ground on the 24th November. Mostly indoors and be there early its morning event.

Also a breakfast club gathering at Bromyard this Sunday morning 27th Oct. Held at Holden Vintage and Classic shop which is also next door to Leggs café.