Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 7th March 2013, 14:01

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Default Lhd

It does say the black one is LHD but it will be available in RHD. Keep up man!!!!

Had a think, and there is no contest really.... Platypus or Vorderman?

No contest, Carol wins hands down!! I wish. (don't tell the missus) Ha ha
Rocker
Old 7th March 2013, 14:17

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking about it

Andy, I keep looking at it. It's too easy to mock etc. A lot of hard work and effort has gone into it, and the outcome shows that. As a southerner that moved a bit "oop north" for a while, I worry that the price is a bit strong especially if that's plus vat. But as I say, only time will tell. It is definately a Marmite car, and I think due to the shape and finish some of the guys on the forum will be selling up their kits to buy one. As I say for me, the Marcos meets Daimler SP250 with a hint of Penelope Pitstop doesn't do it for me. Will this be an IVA or SVA car? As the screen would be an issue, although I'm sure you guys have sorted all that ages ago. Good luck with the project, and all the best.
Rocker
Old 7th March 2013, 14:50

Viatron is on a distinguished road

i know which one i would like to polish at the weekends..........

Andy any pics of the updated Navigator progress yet?
Old 7th March 2013, 14:55

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Just by way of clarification. The price is inclusive of VAT etc. We've done a careful costing and the price reflects the materials used (it's Seriously strong) and obviously a proportion of investment return over expected sales so we haven't priced it there on a whim.
To be honest I didn't expect many 'yea' from this forum as most guys have, quite rightly, got the 50's look in their sights rather than the Austin Power's era
Old 7th March 2013, 14:57

craigt is on a distinguished road

Nice rear end treatment on this one (not as nice as Carols rear end mind you) but definitely not my cuppa! (The car not Carol .... )

Better image here :

http://encarsglobe.com/data_images/g...lani-gt-02.jpg
Old 7th March 2013, 14:59

craigt is on a distinguished road

Or better still here .... http://encarsglobe.com/photo/im/colani-gt/02/
Old 7th March 2013, 15:20

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Yes. That's the GT 2. The follow on from our GT. We're looking closely at that too, along with a coupe version of the original.
Old 7th March 2013, 22:20

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
To be honest I didn't expect many 'yea' from this forum as most guys have, quite rightly, got the 50's look in their sights rather than the Austin Power's era
To be serious - I think a lot of guys (and ladies) of a certain age appreciate the nostalgia of 1950's racing cars; Jaguar, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Ferrari etc - whose drivers' epic battles against each other at Le Mans, Nurburgring, or for some the Mille Miglia or Targa Florio, echo deeds of driving 'daring do' not normally encountered on the A406 school run, M25 or M6 toll road (unless you are a motorcyclist of course).

A number of like minded people back in the 1960's also wished to go racing, to try and taste a little of what might have gone through the minds of Dick Seaman, Alberto Ascari or Alfonso Antonio Vicente Eduardo Angel Blas Francisco de Borja Cabeza de Vaca y Leighton marquis of Portago, - best known as Alfonso de Portago - which was respectively; a tree, tarmac and a mile marker post, RIP.

Some of the guys in the '60's put together fascinating and fruitless creations, sometimes both, and I can't believe Air Vice Marshall Donald Bennett actually finished the '63 Monte Carlo Rallye in a humble Fairthorpe Electron Minor. In the '70's & '80's you could pick up a Fairthorpe for a couple of pints and a Castella, but now if you find eligible for FIA papers you could pay mucho dinaro. The same goes for a number of other kit cars of the period - Lotus 7 Mk2, even the humble Beach Buggies of the late '60's are now at a premium. What I think I'm saying is the kit cars of today are going to be the wanted 'nostalgic' cars of the 2050's....esp those converted from 1960's Triumphs.....

I think we are still living the legend...

Time for bed.
Old 14th October 2016, 20:12

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road
Default Who would have thought......

Last year I purchased the missing pieces of the Sammio Cordite moulds (only the rear deck and front end mould arrived from Micky1Mo) very cheaply on ebay from the guy who cleared out RIBBLE HQ. Along with those parts came a complete set of moulds for another, slightly less attractive car. Having no interest in those moulds they were sold to a local lunatic, sorry I mean local VW fan, who has now managed to sell a set of panels!! We were asked to make them, so donned our clown outfits and obliged:

And the moulds returning to La La Land...

For anyone who joined the Forum after the whole Ribble Colani GT episode its worth going back to the beginning of this tread for a read (shame that some of the pictures have gone).

I like Marmite, I like gauging out my eyes....I don't like the Colani GT!!

Last edited by Tribute Automotive; 14th October 2016 at 20:48..
Old 14th October 2016, 20:50

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

I guess that's the polite version. Still, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Old 14th October 2016, 21:25

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Specsavers springs to mind!
Old 14th October 2016, 21:51

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
I guess that's the polite version. Still, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
In this case it is more likely to be in the eyes of the beer holder.
Old 14th October 2016, 22:34

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
...shame that some of the pictures have gone...
Here are a few...

It was only when I saw this video clip of AndyP57 driving it that I realised just how low the body shell was compared to the driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBgFGXQlfA
Old 15th October 2016, 11:36

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post

It was only when I saw this video clip of AndyP57 driving it that I realised just how low the body shell was compared to the driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBgFGXQlfA
Erm, that's a bit like saying that you couldn't believe how low a double decker bus looks when compared to the Pyrenees, Both Andies are built like, well, The Andes. At a mere 5'11" and a svelte 14 stone, I'm the midget to the left of this shot -

As for the Colani, with the right paint and clothes for the driver it could easily pass for a famous racing car that was regularly victorious in a classic 1970's race series...

I'm sure somebody somewhere loves the Colani. Hello? Is there anybody out there?
Old 15th October 2016, 13:55

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Does Mr Bean know you've nicked his jacket?