Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 26th July 2012, 15:42

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggyman View Post
I would think not as this is the person that was allegedly 'taken for a ride' I think.
Really? Oh Sht, what a faux pas on my part!
Old 26th July 2012, 21:38

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

TOWED , UNFORTUNATELY THATS NOT THE CAR IN QUESTION !
If things are ''going legal'' its important to keep the facts straight....

I am not intending on commenting on this matter but here is a brief summary , for some background...

Car pictured not deemed good enough ...I agreed on some points but not all of them. Customer had paid up front ( severely discounted to less than a basic Cordite kit and I included fitting - don't ask , I can be a twat sometimes !! ) , so I agreed to do another body.

I sold this body package off at an extreme loss and started again.
As a sweetner for a wasted transport trip and to get rid of the customer several hours after going over and over the same ground , I agreed to double gel and double layup a body , introduce doors , hang them and a few other bits... this now took the price of the package way , way above monies paid...

Debuted car at Stoneleigh as the Cordite promo , customer viewed car , commented on sill alignment and a few points but generally said very happy , not just to me and Mike but went to the trouble of telling other stall holders how fantastic it was and how incredible the finished item would be .....
Fast forward a couple of days ,I get a text saying that after looking at previous pics and talking to wife , car looked like a blow up doll and was crap ....wanted Spyder style bonnet now....
I started to get niggled but generally kept my cool....

We finally agreed on keeping the ugly blow up doll front end and continuing with the build ......fast forward a few weeks and lots of calls , texts , messages , some abusive , some hostile etc. and the day arrives when the car is to be collected.... I had to take Barry Mays car to the trimmers and in my absence the customer arrives and goes nuts .....bonnet scoop and other bits and bobs not to his liking ......some of this I agree with , some I don't ....couple of phone calls and lots of wearing down and I lose my rag - fact.
I became very abusive and totally lost it....not defending that , possibly over reacted but was being poked and poked for a reaction ....several months of long calls , messages , nice guy phone calls followed by nasty guy texts etc....it wears you down.

Car was taken , abusive note left for me to read , phone call the next day from our friend outlining some more points - some justified , some not...after a really strange conversation about Roger Powell from Trading Standards inspecting the car and being there , and then he wasn't when I asked to speak to him and then Roger Powell not actually existing !! , An agreement was reached to supply some missing parts and draw a line under it....text received saying parts not arrived yet , reply stating it was being dealt with and then a forum bashing.....

The above is a summary , it is far more involved than this but just an outline....not looking for comment , would rather you didn't comment actually , just voicing the other side of the coin....I make mistakes , Mike makes mistakes , I forget things , I am human....I do try and rectify and I believe very strongly in my old product and its ethos ....some clearly don't get it , thats fine ....and some people will always want more than you offer no matter how generous the initial offer....
Old 26th July 2012, 21:48

No problem Gary. You've got a loyal following amongst those of us who just 'get' the concept. I'm very happy with the VFM of the basic Spyder package I bought, warts and all, and even my wife is starting to come on board now mine's starting to look like a proper car. I never thought that would happen!
Old 26th July 2012, 22:26

Ahh, now that you mention it I do recall not particularly liking the Cordite demo front end when compared to the perfection that is the 'Lancia' style Spyder bonnet. I didn't think it was that bad myself, but the look on the little girl's face in the background of this pic kind of says it all - 'Daddy, I hate that hideous bonnet'. I think I see some realisation dawning on Gary's face too in an 'Oh my God, what have I done to my baby' stylee.

Old 26th July 2012, 23:21

seanick is on a distinguished road

The problem is unavoidable. The busier you become the chances of having a tw*t for a customer increase, until one day they turn up. Happened to me to.
N.
Old 7th May 2015, 15:11

Bumped for the benefit of Wharfedale, the new owner.
Old 8th May 2015, 08:58

wharfedale is on a distinguished road

[Ithis is the car now Keith (wharfedale)

MG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1q54nf8rcl1lak/IMG_9789.JPG?dl=0[/IMG]
Old 8th May 2015, 09:13

Looking much better now.

Old 8th May 2015, 19:09

Default my sammio

had dealings whith your chap he recognised my spyder in a pick of a JC Midge I was selling on ebay to fund my Spyder, (tw*t)
Old 5th August 2020, 15:56

this car is now for sale on eBay.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1q54nf8rc..._9789.JPG?dl=0