Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 21st March 2012, 19:25

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Rolled her outside this afty to get a better look....

Old 21st March 2012, 21:30

Roadster is on a distinguished road

It looks even better than the spyder Garry
Old 21st March 2012, 21:55

garyh is on a distinguished road

You can't dis' the Spyder... It's only a bit longer! Respect.
Old 23rd March 2012, 06:33

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
You can't dis' the Spyder... It's only a bit longer! Respect.
i wasn't "dis'ing" my brethern but stating that my preference is to the longer bonnet.

I know you say that size isn;t important but in this case the longer lines of the bonnet adds to the sleeker - faster looking car.
Old 23rd March 2012, 18:43

mulberry is on a distinguished road

that looks wicked, best find a gt6 to chop up next....
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:14

Andy has very definite ideas about how he wants the car to look ....Although he lives in Wales , he is originally from Norwich way , as is Phil9 , Andy asked for a scoop like Phils , Mike has done this.....

These scoops must be now known as NORFOLK SCOOPS....

We also managed to get the interior fitted ....dropped floors ( slightly modified as I made the frame before we had dropped pans ) , wooden sides and rear bulkhead and our new steel tunnels ( £60 each and supplied over length to be cut down )

Rear light holes and pods have been grafted on also....

The above picture shows the shorter tail quite well.....Obviously still a Sammio yet a bit different....

Last edited by lancelot link; 23rd March 2012 at 20:17..
Old 29th March 2012, 20:43

READY FOR COLLECTION .....SUBJECT TO FUEL AVAILABILITY !!

Old 29th March 2012, 21:13

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Ooooh, that's NICE Gary!

Hope you took a mould, as you might be selling a few of them!
Old 6th April 2012, 23:38

chap68 is on a distinguished road

Hi there to everyone in the sammio family, thought its time to get myself on here, ok im Andy from cars & classics from wales i have a car restorers and bodyshop and over a long period of time have worn poor garys ears out and he stays so polite!! bless him well im glad to see the excellent feed back on my special gary and mike are the dogs!! cracking job big thanks to them and a thank you to those of you that have bought donnor cars from me!! carnt wait to get mine ready, got a big pile of new goodies to, got to do the finishing touches collecting car next week and droppping off more donnor vehicles to gary as im hoping to become a agent here in wales for gary suppling them in all levels and stages hopefully!! so whatch this space, thanks for reading and keep up the good work to all of you out there
thanks Andy.

Last edited by chap68; 6th April 2012 at 23:43..
Old 7th April 2012, 00:03

Thumbs up my sammio special with a norfolk scoop!!

hi gary finaly on here!! carnt wait to collect my sammio next week looks fab and great feedback on the car, next lot of donnor vehicles ready to come down, introduced myself on here hopefully will be a big part in these cracking little cars!!
cheers Andy.
Old 7th April 2012, 09:03

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the fold Andy. I'm sure there's room on here for the odd pro' amongst us amateurs. Looks like selling Sammio's could be a nice little addition to your business empire. Good luck!
Old 7th April 2012, 09:21

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Welcome Andy. Looking forward to seeing the 'Special' in paint.
I've taken the liberty of putting you 'on the map'. You are the Cars & Classics based in Taffs Well aren't you?
Matter of interest, what stage are you supplying donors at? As bought or Stripped or Stripped and restored?
Old 7th April 2012, 10:08

Default sammio special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Welcome to the fold Andy. I'm sure there's room on here for the odd pro' amongst us amateurs. Looks like selling Sammio's could be a nice little addition to your business empire. Good luck!
=chap68, Hi there and thank you for a nice warm welcome, yeh im looking forward to getting involved with them more deeply!! helps gary and myself exspand business help customers get what they want!! just got to get the hang of using the forum so please bear with me! lol cheers.
Old 7th April 2012, 10:25

Andy .....you got here in the end then ?

Welcome aboard ....

In answer to your question , Andyp , I think any level required really ....Andy is keen to act as an agent in Wales and I am sure between the two of us we can accomadate most requests !

I am taking delivery of a rolling chassis next week from Andy , no engine but overhauled suspension etc....its the beginnings of my car / new demonstrator etc...so I will start a new thread when it arrives , don't want to hijack this thread too much !
Old 7th April 2012, 10:26

Default sammio special

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
Welcome Andy. Looking forward to seeing the 'Special' in paint.
I've taken the liberty of putting you 'on the map'. You are the Cars & Classics based in Taffs Well aren't you?
Matter of interest, what stage are you supplying donors at? As bought or Stripped or Stripped and restored?
=chap68 Hi thanks for a nice welcome, yes looking forward to getting my sammio special in paint still playing with colour options at the mo? yes thats me in taffs well so thanks for that!! im hoping to supply at all levels from bear chassis to fully built turn key cars! but with gary having a imput of build to, he has developed a fab creation with the sammio, true old school rod builder keep it simple but very effective to say the least!! when i collect my car im leaving him with a 1970 vitesse rotorflex chassis 2.0 six banger!! to become a sammio for sale, will give someone a chance to buy with there own imput without getting dirty!! cheers.
Old 7th April 2012, 15:01

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum, it's good to hear that you eventually decided to do a Spyder for yourself rather than just providing a few of us with donors

I bought the Herald 13/60 that had been converted to a Vitesse off of you last year and i'm happy to say that i've recently finished converting it to a Sammio Spyder and i've had a great time doing it

When i came over and saw the donor (about this time last year?) i do remember promising you that i'd come over when i finally finished and as soon as the weather cheers up and when i've gained a bit more confidence in it i'll pop over for a blat

I look forward to seeing how yours turns out, especially seeing as you're a top bodyshop bod!

Dave
Old 7th April 2012, 19:11

Hi dave nice to hear from you and glad xmu did you proud!! yes it taken me a bit of time to swing mine into action but i knew all along what i wanted and and a bit of difference and i can honestly say gary and mike have got the vision of mine just how i want it to look, looking forward to being a agent to its all exciting stuff, still plaing with colours for mine i have 4 colours in mind for mine so you will all have to wait and see pics will follow!! thank you for the kind comment about my bodyshop, yeh when it warms up and have time pop over ketttle will be on!!
Andy.
Old 8th April 2012, 09:15

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default Norfolk Scoop

Gary

Re your early post in this thread

1. How do we form the Norfolk Scoop into the bonnet to you "plant on" or "cut in" ?

2. Could we use you metal tunnel section to form the recess under our door cills to run the side exhausts within or do you have a standard tunnel section in fibreglass, current thinking is to mould the section around a length of 150mm dia drain pipe.
Old 26th July 2012, 09:49

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap68 View Post
Hi there to everyone in the sammio family, thought its time to get myself on here, ok im Andy from cars & classics from wales i have a car restorers and bodyshop and over a long period of time have worn poor garys ears out and he stays so polite!! bless him well im glad to see the excellent feed back on my special gary and mike are the dogs!! cracking job big thanks to them and a thank you to those of you that have bought donnor cars from me!! carnt wait to get mine ready, got a big pile of new goodies to, got to do the finishing touches collecting car next week and droppping off more donnor vehicles to gary as im hoping to become a agent here in wales for gary suppling them in all levels and stages hopefully!! so whatch this space, thanks for reading and keep up the good work to all of you out there
thanks Andy.
Just wondering if there's a progress report on this cracking looking one-off special build? Would love to see the finished car...
Old 26th July 2012, 13:16

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Just wondering if there's a progress report on this cracking looking one-off special build? Would love to see the finished car...
I would think not as this is the person that was allegedly 'taken for a ride' I think.