Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 28th June 2015, 22:48

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Looks like a pic from Oliver's mount

I've wondered about your pic of the yellow bike...so ex racer

Just mangled my yellow rsv Mille on the mountain road on the Isle of man...trouble is I mangled my leg as well .."oops
Old 29th June 2015, 10:33

nellieb is on a distinguished road
Default Cordite

Yes the abnormalities are never ending on the build! I had to jump levels of the build to stop me giving up! It was often a psychological exercise but slowly the achievements look presentable! My mate has said that he would have given up ages ago! Ive decided to reach a level where the Cordite is usable and race like and road worthy and to return at a later date to improve certain areas where needed. Otherwise the build will take years of my time and that is not what I have! But really depends on your nature and skills and money resources. I believe the most important factor is to enjoy the build and be happy with your results ! Your build is far beyond mine and like you I work with limited knowledge and tools and such but what you have succeeded in tremendous indeed!
Old 9th July 2015, 19:30

Paul L is on a distinguished road

RedRatBike - Nice bike.

Or at least I guess it was before you crashed it.

Jokes aside, get well soon.

Yes, the Guy Martin photo was from the 2004 Scarbourough Gold Cup.

In my avatar photo, I'm actually cresting the Mountain at Cadwell Park on a track day.
( My first experience of the full course, as I only raced MZs on the club circuit. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Neil - Thanks for your encouragement.

I hope that by the time I finally get this car on the road it will have been worth the effort.

Sweet days of Summer, the Jasmine's in bloom.

Yes, I actually planted Jasmine in my garden based on the lyrics of "Summer Breeze".

I started writing this post on Saturday, but there was no point in posting it before now.

Saturday
I had a simple plan for the weekend, domestic chores & gardening on Saturday, followed by car work on Sunday.

First, the pruning took a lot longer than I was expecting.

But the next round of trimming so all the waste could all be bagged up was worse.

Note:
I actually ran out of bags, so there are still a couple of small "piles" than need to be done.

By the time you could finally see the grass again, it had been a long, hard day.

Sunday
I was completely stuffed and just didn't have the energy for even a small token gesture of work on the car.

( I guess Saturday's efforts in the heat, combined with the long days I've been working finally caught up with me. ).

Thursday - Part 1:
It was not practical for me to get to Canary Wharf during today's tube strike, so no work (or pay) for me today.

However, the weather forecast was good and I tried to make the most of it, although I still had some domestic chores as well.

In order to fix the position of the steering column I need to have one section of the dash board in place.

Note:
The hole on the right hand side will be used for the choke lever.

I got slightly concerned when the dash section wouldn't slot home into the bulkhead.

Then I realised that my home made bracket to hold the oil pressure gauge...

Was too wide to fit into the corresponding hole in the bulkhead.

At least that was an easy fix, just remove the bracket & re-fit it when the dash section was in place.
( This is just to help set up the steering, nothing is actually connected. )

I also wanted to fit the accelerator pedal to help me check the position of driver's seat.

But first I had to make a paper template for the "grip" tape Mac had sent me.

This was then cut out and stuck on the pedal to make it less slippery.

Next I had to go back to check some old photos to confirm where this metal plate went.

Turns out it was a home made bracket (by the previous owner) to move the pedal forward.

So after a bit of effort I finally managed to get the bulkhead bolts in.
( This was another job that would have been a lot easier with an extra pair of hands. )

So now I have all three pedals in place.

End of Part 1...
Old 9th July 2015, 19:31

Thursday - Part 2:
Then I could finally turn my attention to the steering column itself, which I'd cleaned and greased.

You will notice I had printed out some old photos to help me putting it all back together.

Unfortunately, I should have looked at these before I mixed up some bolts.

It was only when I was almost finished fixing the first clamp in place that I noticed my error.

The horizontal bolts should have been used vertically and were too long.

So I had to undo everything and then I promptly dropped a split washer onto the ground.

Now bear in mind I am jammed inside the bulkhead at this point, barely able to move.

After wasting far too much time looking in vain for the washer, I had to go to the Summer House and get a new one.

I haven't tighten everything up at this point, but you can see the bolts work better this way round.

The first two steering column clamps were loosely fitted with no other problems.

But the third clamp has become a real pain in the

Initially, I was very happy that I'd worked out how the two parts of the steering column overlap and get locked together.

A hole in the outer column lines up with a flat side on the inner column here.

Then this lower clamp has a bolt that screws into the flat surface.

Or rather it would do, if it wasn't seized solid.

So I had to soak both sides in WD40 and wait for it to do it's work.

While I was waiting for that, I put some 3 in 1 oil into the end of the speedo cable and left that for a while too.

Finally I refitted the plastic column cover to ensure the steering wheel would be the right distance from the dash.

Eventually the parts of the bottom clamp could be separated.

I also pushed the speedo cable in through the bulkhead.

Next it was back to crawling around in the bulkhead to get the bottom clamp into position.

Now the steering wheel could go on.

And that is when the next series of problems arrived, starting with no thread available to hold the wheel in place.

End of Part 2...
Old 9th July 2015, 19:32

Thursday - Part 3:
I spent absolutely ages going through photos, checking things on line and I even found the original steering wheel.

By this stage I had remembered to refit the indicator stalk & this reminded me about the self cancelling switch.

This operated by two big lugs on the original wheel, but two pins on the new wooden one.

But I am not going to hammer the pins into position just yet, until I sort everything else out.

One post on line showed that other Spitfire owners had discovered this boss was too big for late model 1500s.

They also showed a simple solution and I'll come to that shortly.

I decided that I needed to work "backwards" to discover how much space I needed.

By now, I'd also worked out the steering wheel was tightened up against the taper in the column.

But the air turned blue when I discovered the brand new steering nut I bought was the wrong part!

Going back to the boss problem, the on line solution was to simply widen the opening in the plastic cover.

Before:

After:

Back in position.

Close, but no cigar.

So I will need to open up the hole just a little bit more and that should do the trick.

But by now I had been cooking in the sunshine and wanted a clear head for this final set up.

Plus my family were back home and my wife wanted some takeaway fish and chips.

So I decided to call it a day and I hope I will get the chance to finish this job at the weekend.

I'll leave you will a photo of the wheel with its centre section in place.

Whilst it was a shame I didn't get more done today, I'd rather take my time and not make a mistake setting up the steering.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

PS

A1 Alpha:
I've enjoyed following Micky1Mo & the Tribute boys designing the new Sammio here.

This is a photo of the new scuttle design being constructed to sit on top of a cut down Spitfire body tub.

I've always said my build will look like a distance relative of Sammios with the original "curvy" scuttle shape.

But now looks like I will have a little bit more in common with the new car.

The only depressing thing is that this new build approach will be miles faster than what I am stuck doing now.

In fact, every job I've had to do today wouldn't be required, as you wouldn't need to take any of these things off in the first place!!
Old 9th July 2015, 21:52

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road

Looking good Paul, reading your bits about the steering column being too short bought back memories!
I had the same problem, and had to slacken all the column nuts and lengthen it a bit in the end.
(But that is easy to do)
Old 10th July 2015, 17:03

davecymru is on a distinguished road

I know what you're going through with the column matey, as I had to do an extreme-makeover on mine, but I followed largely the process you are.

i.e. lye upside down in the footwell and swear a lot every time I wrigged in and out
Old 10th July 2015, 19:27

Scottie & Dave - Cheers chaps.

Hopefully all the crawling around inside the bulkhead will be worth it in the end.

Friday Fix:
I figured it was more neighbour friendly to use my angle grinder after work, rather than first thing on Saturday morning.

So yesterday's "After" photo, becomes today's "Before" one.

And this is what today's "After" looks like.

I still need to tidying up the edges a bit, but I will be doing that with a hand file.

The thing to remember is that replacing this whole section in on my "To Do" list after the car is on the road.

So for now, I just want to be able to work out where the steering column needs to be.

Whilst I only need to be able to move the boss in a little bit, I figured it was easier to give myself a bit of extra clearance.

This was as far as the boss would go yesterday.

And now it can be pushed in a decent way without fouling.

So with a bit of luck I will be able to bolt the steering column into position tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 11th July 2015, 20:08

One of those days - Part 1:
Today started well enough as I tided up the enlarged hole in the steering column cover with a hand file.

I'd taped some cardboard over the wheel boss to ensure I had a sufficient gap all the way around.

I also need to seal off the hole in the steering column cover for the windscreen washer lever.

So I cut out a small section of metal & bent it a little to see if that would do the job.

I'll come back to finish this off another day, but it should work.

I also put a hole in an old tennis ball to cover the end of the column once it was fitted.

Then it was back to crawling around inside the bulkhead trying to set up the steering column.

For some reason it was easier to see what I was doing today and this helped me work out what the problem was.

Whilst the boss of the new steering wheel doesn't help, it is actually the column itself that is not right.

Unfortunately it did take me a very long time to to work this out.

And it was with a heavy heart that I undid all the clamps and removed the column completely.

This cut out section sits over the lower steering shaft connected to the steering rack itself.

Then this clamp holds the two sections together.

Which means the outer column can only be pushed down as far as this clamp.

However, this still doesn't leave enough room for the steering wheel at the other end.

I tried the original wheel again and there was barely any thread available.

Plus the wheel was not butting against the taper in the steering column.

Instead, it would be hitting the plastic indicator cancelling "thingy".

So if the steering wheel is pushed as far as it needs to go on the column.

Then this is the problem at the other end.

Clearly there isn't enough room for the clamp to be fitted and the steering to work.

When I first bought my donor car the "old" steering wheel came off in my hand, as it wasn't bolted into place.

At the time I thought this was because the "new" steering wheel was meant to be fitted instead.

Now I think the previous owner came across this problem and never got around to fixing it.

Based on Scottie's comment from the other day I went back and had another look at what he did.

He actually cut 2 inches off the top of the outer column like so.

So I think I have two options and I would value any feedback.

Option 1 - Cut a few mm off the bottom of the outer steering column.
( I can't remove anything from the top end as I am using the ignition switch, indicator stalk, etc.

Option 2 - Extend the "cut out" in the inner steering column by the same few mm instead.
( This would allow the clamp to fit with the outer column untouched. )

Personally, I think the second option would be slightly easier for me to do.

But I don't want to try this option if there is a risk of weakening the inner column itself.

Please let me know what you think, as for now, I've put the steering column to one side.

I'm not sure if I spend too long with my head upside down in the bulkhead.

But at one point I really felt terrible and actually had to lie down for a bit to recover.

End of Part 1...
Old 11th July 2015, 20:10

One of those days - Part 2:
So after resting for a bit I thought I'd look for an easy job to do and picked fitting the wider radiator.

I noticed one of the cooling hoses has split.

So I'll check them all carefully before ordering some replacements.

There were just four bolts to remove, as I don't need the sections on either side of the radiator.
( I do have a bracket for the overflow bottle. )

I know Scottie lowered his radiator mount on his build.

But I want to see if I can keep the standard set up and still clear the bonnet.

When it came to putting the wider radiator in I seemed to be struggling for some strange reason?

I mean, how hard can putting 4 bolts back into position be?

Thankfully I didn't try to force anything into place when it appeared to be twisting.

Instead I took the radiator out and had a closer look and discovered it is a faulty item!

This is not a great photo to highlight the problem.

But basically the mounting bracket on one side is fitted incorrectly.

It should look something like this on both sides.

But the passenger side is like this.

Which can only mean that two driver's side mounts were fitted in error.

So whilst the driver's side lines up with the original mounting points...

The passenger side is miles out, as the holes at the end of my fingers are supposed to line up.

By now I was having a major sense of humour failure and accepted defeat as best I could.

I will have to contact Rimmer Bros and see what I need to do, as I bought this years ago.

In a vain effort to end the day with at one one job completed I retreated to the garden.

Where there was a pile of "big sticks" left over from last week's pruning.

Rather than use my hand saw, I rigged up my jigsaw and turned the pile into "bag size" sections.

So at least I managed to do one thing right today.

Until next time, take care, Paul.
Old 12th July 2015, 08:45

davecymru is on a distinguished road

For your steering column I'd say extend the cut-out as from what I saw when I dismantled mine, there is more than enough overlap between the two sections (inner and outer), so that when you've got it all bolted back together it should still be plenty strong enough.
Old 13th July 2015, 07:14

Dave - Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to have another go at this next weekend.

Radiator Comparison:
I took another photo of my new radiator yesterday so I could email it to Rimmer Bros.
( It is the mounting plate on the left hand side of this photo that is both the wrong side & upside down. )

And this is a photo from their website showing what it should look like.

I've now put the radiator back in its box and put the box back in the Summer House.

Along with the steering column and all the other tools and parts I have had out recently.

So at least the house looks tidy, even if the car isn't making much progress.

Old 19th July 2015, 16:11

Saturday:
Sent the faulty radiator back to Rimmer Bros. in the morning.

But lot of other "stuff" filled the rest of the day, including taking my daughters to see the Minions movie.

Sunday:
Last week I noticed that the nylon bush at the top of the steering column was split.

So I figured before I did anything else with the column, I should check the bottom as well.

According to the Haynes manual, the rubber "buttons" on either side of the lower bush needed to be depressed.

But they didn't line up with the holes and appeared to be partially cut off.

So I figured I should order a new one anyway and proceeded to cut off the remains of the buttons.

It then took a long time and a significant amount of brute force and ignorance to drift the lower bush out of the outer column.

So if the nylon insert wasn't damaged before, it certainly was by the time I'd finished.

But at least by the time I had finally finished knocking the rest of the bush out, I had got to the real cause of my problems.

Believe it, or not, but there were actually two bushes sitting at the bottom of the column (but only one nylon insert).

So I went back to the Rimmer Bros website and checked their diagram.

Clearly there is only meant to be one bush at the bottom of the column and it should sit around here.

Instead I had two sitting somewhere around here, although not protruding out as far they are shown in this photo.

So I went back to basics again and started at the top...

With the steering wheel fully pushed down onto taper on the shaft there is plenty of room for the nut.

I then left a wafer thin gap between the steering wheel and the indicator cancelling bush.

And despite this, there was plenty of room at the bottom end for the clamp to go on.

Unfortunately, it was only when I was looking at the download of this photo that I remembered there was also a cap & nylon washer to fit.

So it was back outside, to try again and thankfully there was still plenty of room after these were refitted.
( Note: The lock nut is loose, and will not be in the way when fully tightened up. )

So if I go back to one of the photos I took last week, the alloy cap should be further up the outer column.
( But the protruding bush was preventing this. )

You can also see where this "extra" bush has pushed the rubber button of the other bush out of position & further up the inside of the column.

I guess the good news is that I can fit the new steering wheel without having to make any cuts/modifications.

The bad news is I can't fit the steering column back into the bulkhead until the new parts have arrived.

So this has been quite a frustrating exercise, but at least I know I will have done a proper job when I am finished.

Unfortunately, I have too many "non car" things to do to start on something else today.
( At this rate it really is going to take me a VERY long time to finish. )

Still, at least it was great weather for drying my shirts.

Old 19th July 2015, 21:37

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road

Not sure if you have sorted your steering yet Paul, but as far as I can remember, I had a similar problem, with not enough thread showing, and I finally nailed it by cutting a lump out of the front of the boss so it went further down the inner shaft, thus giving just enough thread to secure the washer and fixing nut.
Hope this helps!
Old 21st July 2015, 06:03

Scottie - Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I've solved my steering column problems. < Touch Wood >

As it looks like a previous owner tried to hammer in a new lower bush/bearing without removing the old one first.

So I've got some new parts on order and with a bit of luck I will finally be able to fit the column this weekend.

Note:
I used James Paddock this time as they had the correct steering wheel nut for my "late 1500" in stock.
( It appears Rimmer Bros. no longer list this part, which is why I ended up ordering the wrong nut before. )

Good luck fixing your own problems (with the engine misfire).

Cheers, Paul.
Old 25th July 2015, 16:42

Inch Forward, Foot Back:
Two packages arrived this week, one significantly bigger than the other.

The replacement radiator from Rimmer Bros had both brackets in the right place.

I also ordered a new radiator cap along with the steering column bushes.

I decided to sort the steering column out first, so stripped it down ready to fit the bottom bush.

Then I used a bit of yoga mat to protect the bush and a washer to help me "tap" the bush evenly into position.

In the end I had a big stack of washers inside the column & used a bit of wood to cushion the hammer blows.

I even managed to get the rubber button to pop out in the right place.

With just one bush in the correct place, there is now plenty of room at the end of the column.

It turns out that the "split" in old top bush is meant to be there, as the new one has one too.

Still, there is no harm in fitting a new one anyway.

With everything back together there is now enough room to fit the steering wheel.

But just when it finally looked like I would be able to fit the column to the bulkhead, disaster struck.

Yes, the main power wire from the ignition switch column has broken off & can't be fixed.

The only good news is that just two small screws hold this piece in place.

So the whole thing has now been removed.

And a new one has been ordered.

Unfortunately, I need to refit this before the column is put back into the bulkhead.

On closer inspection, the white wire in the close up photo above is just hanging on by a thread.

So this was a failure waiting to happen and at least it will be taken care of properly.

If things work out I might be able to spend a whole week on the car in August.

Which would be a big help, as currently I am getting nowhere slowly.

Old 2nd August 2015, 09:37

Once in a blue moon:

I took this photo on Friday night, as the weatherman said it was a rare "blue" moon.

Apparently the next one will be in 3 years, so lets see if I can get this car is on the road by then.

Despite making barely any progress recently, I'm still pinning my hopes on some proper "car time" later this month.
( When I hope to have at least a full week between my current contract ending and a new one starting. )

It was a shame to see Simon/DonnySoutherner's Cordite up for sale, but also completely understandable.

This car gave me a lot of ideas for my own build and it is good to see that a "Spartan" interior can pass an MOT.

As my plan was always to aim for a "rough and ready" finish on the inside of mine.

Although the circumstances behind both Simon & Mac selling their cars does put my build delays into perspective.

And perspective was something I also thought about when my wife got tickets to the "Anniversary Games" last Sunday.

By chance, we ended up on the same side of the stadium as we were for the 2012 Paralympics.

So again we had a good view of the long jump and it is humbling to see true human effort on display.

There really is some serious technology at these events.

This guy was carrying his "racing" artificial limb, while using his "day to day" one to walk to the event.

Plus the usual array of high tech racing wheel chairs.

Although my favourite gadget was the radio controlled "vans" used to collect the discus.

To mis-quote Father Ted... "That is small and far away".

Finally to end this round up of "non car" stuff I saw my mate who had a stroke the other night for a beer.

The good news is that he has made a great recovery, with 99% of his mobility fully restored.

Although he still needs more speech therapy, at least he can now have a proper conversation.

I'm certainly no expert, but I believe my mate's healthy lifestyle before the stroke limited the damage & helped his recovery.

Which is why I am going to put more effort into getting myself back into a decent shape over the coming months.
( I have really piled the pounds on since I went back to working in an office. )

So another job last week was changing the tyre on my push bike (currently set up on a turbo trainer).

As the last bit of training I did blew the tread completely off the old tyre.

So the new tyre that has been sitting in Summer House for months in now finally on the wheel.

Which leads me to another Zen misquote... "At first, the rubber does not wear the steel."

I'd pulled together this post fully expecting it to be followed by a long car update.

Unfortunately, there is not a much to report as I hoped there would be...
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:37

Saturday - Part 1:
After getting some chores out of the way in the early morning, I'd just put my car working clothes on when my plans changed.

My wife decided to invite her niece & nephews (& their partners) over for a BBQ on Sunday, as the forecast was so good.

Given my last post talked about perspective, that is part of family life, so I had to switch to "tidy up" mode.

So it was 5pm by the time I finally had a chance to go to the Summer House and fit this to the steering column.

Note:
My wife signed for it during the week and the delivery driver said something like "Hasn't he finished this car yet?".

Thankfully it can only be fitted the correct way around, so I could tighten up the two screws with confidence.

Next I tapped the two pins into the steering wheel boss.

So they now can engage with the indicator cancelling "thingy" like so.

A quick test showed that this was all working as it should.

I thought it would be a good idea to temporarily tape the wiring out of the way.

Although it would have been a better idea to tape them in a position that didn't foul the column cover.

So "Take 2" allowed the top part of the cover to fit tightly like so.

Then I took everything out to the front drive and peeled off the covers.

I removed the driver's seat (just resting in position) so I could crawl into the bulkhead.

Where I promptly dropped a part straight out of the car and on to the drive!

So I had to crawl back out, pick it up and start again (unfortunately this happened more than once).

Eventually, everything was finally bolted into place.

Upper mounting bracket.

Lower mounting bracket and the clamp to hold the two steering column sections together.

Note:
In the photo above you can see the bulkhead seal needs to be lowered a bit.

Earlier one of my daughters holding a spanner inside the bulkhead, so I could tighten up the nuts on the other side.

But we did this before fitting the upper column section, so I'll need an extra pair of hands again to make the final adjustments.

There is plenty of thread available for the steering wheel nut (just finger tight in the photo).

Then I was finally able to turn the steering wheel and watch the wheels turn.

I know it isn't much, but it still made me very happy that the steering column is finally back in position and it works!

Note: I went back and checked the last time I could turn the wheels and it was 21st July 2012.

Quick question for those of you using this type of steering wheel, what holds the centre section in place?

Mine is just pushed into position for now, put doesn't seem very secure and would pop out at the first bump in the road.

Unfortunately, I can't fix the steering wheel into position until the dash is removed again and then wired up.

So for now, I've just left my modified tennis ball in place to protect the threads (and my head).

With the success of the steering under my belt I decided to squeeze in one last job...
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:38

Saturday - Part 2:
I attempted to fit the radiator and what should have been a simple job quickly went slightly pear shaped.

Initially the radiator wouldn't fit into the lowest (of three) fixing positions, as it fouled the bolt holding the radiator frame in position.
( Sorry, not a great photo and radiator is now propped up out of the way. )

So I had to swap both of these fixing bolts around, which gave me the room I needed.

Note: The scrape in the radiator paint was where the bolt caught it the first time I tried to fit it.

Sorry, another blurred photo, but at least the radiator was now in position.

I also have a new nose to replace this damaged one, but ran out of time to fit it.

Plus the shiny new radiator cap topped things off nicely too.

Thankfully I decided to lower the bonnet slowly so I could check the clearances as there wasn't any.

As I feared, the new radiator is both wider (good thing) and taller (bad thing) than the original.

!

At this point I can think of two possible ways of fixing this problem...

#1 Lower Radiator
- Cut and weld the original radiator frame mounts the way Scottie did.
- Adjust the cross braces at the top of the radiator frame so they reach the new lowered position.
- Add a header tank (I already have a Megane one) and the associated plumbing.

#2 Modify Bonnet
- "Cut & shut" a section of the bonnet so that there is room for the radiator where currently is it.
- Obviously Mister Towed & Swifty are just two of the people who have done this already.

Before I make a final decision I will have a much closer look at this to double check everything.

But as it currently stands, I think I will go with Option #2, as Option #1 is a lot more work (for me).

I also fear that with the radiator out of the way, the fouling problem would just switch to the the original fan.
( See left edge of photo above)

Again, I know I could replace the fan with an electric one, but I have too much work to do as it is.

Anyway, for now, I've just protected the radiator and bonnet with some cardboard.

Then after the car had been covered up and the tools put away I had to head to Sainsburys.

Where I was able to stock up with the BBQ stuff before started the food prep by marinating some turkey.

So by the time I was finally able to sit down with a beer it had been a very long day.

Right I've got to go, as there is still some more BBQ prep. work to do.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

PS
Here is a first engine start video from one of my favourite Rods 'n' Sods build, "Medusa".

Take 2 x Jaguar straight 6 engines and turn them into one home made straight 12 running on LPG!

The answer to "What could possibly go wrong?" is seen in the safety gear the builder is wearing.

https://youtu.be/euFDZmGUUCQ

Worth a watch for the clues to the final engine noise and the "bum shaking" victory dance.
Old 3rd August 2015, 08:50

a big scary monster is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul good to see some progress, and hopefully its mostly putting your designer parts back together from now on, wouldn't it be easier to chop the front stilt type bracket that holds the radiator support onto the chassis? If you cut it at at the top near the box section of the support then bend the whole support and rear bracket forward and down, the cut bracket could be fabricated and tacked back on to the support. I recon the diagonal braces could be modified easily/bent to reuse the original mounts. Ed