Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 23rd November 2008, 18:50

KrazyKen is on a distinguished road
Default Honda B18 Engine & G/Box For Sale

Due to a change of plans I have Honda B18 Engine, Gearbox with LSD, ECU, Driveshafts etc. for sale. To explain: -

I currently have a K-Series 1.8VVC in my 5EXi which after 9000 miles mainly on track I have managed to kill. After discussions with Mark Matthews at Marlin I decided to go the Honda route and managed to find a crashed 1997 Honda Civic 1.8VTi for sale and bought the complete car back in Feb. Whilst on my pertolhead heaven trip to Spa & the Ring in August, I met an Aerospace engineer well known to the BPMC who had rebuilt a VVC to 170BHP, sitting in his garage. As this is effectively a brand new engine, I have now bought it as a drop in replacement rather than have all the extra work fitting the Honda unit. The long term goal is to fit an Audi 1.8T engine once Marlin have re-engineered the car to suit and ironed out all the teething troubles. This means that I will be selling my Honda unit. The spec is: -

Honda B18 DOHC VTEC engine & ECU, 73,000 miles full service history
5 speed gearbox with LSD
Anything else required from the donor car
All original documents and manuals

For the conversion Marlin also purchased a Skunk 2 inlet manifold and a reprogrammable ECU which can be purchased from them if required.

I intend to list this on Ebay in the next week as I know that this would go for good money on there but if any 5EXi builder is interested for their car, I would let it go for the current cost to me which is £800.00. If you are interested please email me kenrobson@btinternet.com or ring me on 07900 007 747.

Apart from the documentation which is with me in Bristol, everything is with Marlin in Crediton. If you want it shipped Marlin can put it on a pallet and ship it for the cost of the carriage.

I look forward to doing lots more track days in 2009 with a healthy engine, my current VVC will be donated to best mate Dave Bence to be used for spares as required.

Ken
Available from eBay
Old 18th December 2008, 19:53

KrazyKen is on a distinguished road

SOLD through the power of Ebay!!