Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 7th October 2015, 22:57

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

How long did that take ?

Very impressive but if it can't be knocked out before home time I doubt Tribute would want to go down that route !
Old 9th November 2015, 08:07

smash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
Yes it is a Tribute. It's our old prototype/demo car. We sold it to a German guy at Stoneleigh this year for £7,500 in the unfinished condition shown but sat on 19" alloys.

I had a phone call a couple of weeks ago from the guy who bought it when it showed up at the September Autojumble. The only things to have changed are the wheels, they are now BMW 15" 5 series, and the sale price...... are you all sitting down? It sold for £18,000.

Why would you pay £18k for that when you can have this Z3M 3.2 based fully finished version for £16,500??! EDIT - my mistake actually £17,200 The donor alone would cost £10k over here all day long

http://www.autowereld.nl/bmw/z3-road...6197/foto.html

Last edited by smash; 9th November 2015 at 12:28..
Old 9th November 2015, 08:37

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Why would you pay £18k for that when you can have this Z3M 3.2 based fully finished version for £16,500??!

Impulse purchase? Difficult to Google while at Beaulieu with poor phone reception
Old 9th November 2015, 09:51

smash is on a distinguished road

Point taken! I guess I was more making the point about how over priced the car was - if it had been a part complete Automirage GT then different story...
Old 9th November 2015, 09:56

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

I never believe the price that a car is "sold" for unless I am the buyer or the seller. A Miglia supposedly went for £32,000 a couple of years ago but neither the car nor the buyer have been seen since......but a squadron of pigs was seen performing a series of barrel rolls shortly after.
Old 9th November 2015, 17:15

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
I never believe the price that a car is "sold" for unless I am the buyer or the seller.
I guess that makes me a "liar" then.

I can't imagine what the new owner would gain by telling me an inflated figure. I guess the guy who bought it from me was better at pricing and selling things than I am.....
Old 9th November 2015, 18:06

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Prices quoted and real can be surprising.

I turned down a semi serious bid for £15,000 on my Z300S. Does that make it worth more than £15,000? Well, yes for that particular car and to me. Not sure how many other people would agree if I was in a rush to sell it and I could probably build a better replacement for that money. Guess I am just lazy and sentimental about my first car.

At the same time if I was rich and fancied a play thing for the weekend house in the country paying £20,000 for a distinctive little car is something of a bargain. A years membership at Wentworth golf club is £16,000 and that is after you pay the £100,0000 debenture share to reserve the right to play.

It is all a matter of proportion and relative wealth.
Old 9th November 2015, 18:17

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
I guess that makes me a "liar" then.
That's a bit of a leap from what I said. I wasn't doubting what you said, but I will apologise if anyone else has inferred the same.

What I meant - in a clumsy way - is that there is a lot of rhubarb spoken regarding car prices.

If this isn't enough of an apology then I am happy do delete the offending post.
Old 9th November 2015, 18:43

I would think the price was genuine . £18k plus another £5- 6k to "finish" the car really is small change to many out there . Look at the real thing changing hands for £Millions,000000 , are they really worth it ????
Old 9th November 2015, 19:13

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Some of us are not blessed with large sums of money and to that end we find ourselves becoming creative and building things that we want.
If those with money pay large sums of money for one of our hand built creations then I guess its good for everyone.
Old 9th November 2015, 19:50

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Some have more money - I agree. I like to think I'm very wealthy (not because I have money - I don't have much) because I have assembled my car, and that gives me more pleasure than buying it off someone else.
Old 9th November 2015, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
That's a bit of a leap from what I said. I wasn't doubting what you said, but I will apologise if anyone else has inferred the same.

What I meant - in a clumsy way - is that there is a lot of rhubarb spoken regarding car prices.

If this isn't enough of an apology then I am happy do delete the offending post.
No need for an apology. I feel, rightly or wrongly, that the whole subject of kit car prices on this forum section has become very negative, which would have appeared to have rubbed off on me. I personally, probably wrongly, start my ebay auctions at what I am prepared to take for a car as a minimum if only one bid is placed. If more bids are placed, or if someone makes me an offer, then it's a bonus. What I should probably do is put a massive "Buy It Now" figure of 3 times what I need and then accept the first half asking price offer, I would be then be an extra 50% up. When money is required to pay the rent/bills things tend to get sold cheaply to get money in, if you don't need to pay the bills or don't need to sell a car, then ask a huge amount and you just might get it.....

I'm off to watch Fast n Loud... BUYING: Offer half what they ask. SELLING: Ask twice what they offer. Good plan.
Old 9th November 2015, 22:43

I never really feel happy selling on ebay . I have sold a few cars via ebay with mixed results . The main advantage is the quick sale ( if the bidder is genuine , but that's another story ! ). There are so many scams and bad press regarding car sales on that site though . I still rate the magazine classifieds but don't be in a hurry to sell. The "proper" classic auctions out there are very good but expect to pay large commissions and they will on the whole only take good cars.

The Tribute cars are still quite new to the market so will take some time to become established and prices will depend on build quality , donor car etc etc . I don't think they should be under sold and they should sit in the middle ground at least when compared to other "kits"
Old 10th November 2015, 17:58

JJMCD is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth, I just stumbled upon this site and have been absolutely astounded at how low the prices are for Tribute kits, given their quality. As someone who owns a few exotic cars and can easily afford to buy another for $50k+, I think that the Tribute SWB is an incredibly good value. Although I have good mechanical skills, due to work and family commitments that take up most of my time, building one myself isn't a realistic option. I would gladly pay someone for their time and effort expended in building one to a very high standard.
Old 10th November 2015, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMCD View Post
For what it's worth, I just stumbled upon this site and have been absolutely astounded at how low the prices are for Tribute kits, given their quality. As someone who owns a few exotic cars and can easily afford to buy another for $50k+, I think that the Tribute SWB is an incredibly good value. Although I have good mechanical skills, due to work and family commitments that take up most of my time, building one myself isn't a realistic option. I would gladly pay someone for their time and effort expended in building one to a very high standard.
Please Talk to our UK build agent, Richard Bird, if you require a right hand drive car:

NUBODI AUTOMOTIVE
Hill Farm House
Mans Hill
Burghfield Common
Reading
Berkshire
RG7 3BD

Tel. 0800 44 88 700
Email. nubodi.autos@gmail.com
Mob. 07779 365 24 7

Www. nubodi.moonfruit.com

Or for a Left hand drive car contact our Dutch Build Agent, Rob Janssen: