Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 7th September 2012, 23:06
Enthusiast

bigrich is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Tribute GTO For Auction at Carfest North!

Hi guys,

I was browsing the auction catalogue today and spotted a familiar sight:-

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/ferrari-gto-replica

£10-£15k !?? guide price....
Available from eBay
Old 8th September 2012, 09:56
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Good find, will be interesting to see what it goes for.
Old 9th September 2012, 08:36

griffj is on a distinguished road

was there yesterday, and will be there again today, have to say the car looks pretty good from a distance, but (in my opinion) was not very well finished up close, and a lot of people i was talking to there said the same thing, but i do know of a few guys who are going to maybe bid on it today.

Also heard a guy saying he wanted it for £3k, dont think hes got much of a chance.
Old 9th September 2012, 11:49

tytek is on a distinguished road

Attention to detail is king when trying to sell a 'kit car'
Poor finish will drop the price more than anything!!!
Old 9th September 2012, 20:56
Enthusiast

bigrich is on a distinguished road
Default Carfest Auction

Watched the auction today at Carfest (fab festival by the way) - auctioneer asked for £10k starting on the car, then dropped to £8k and then started at £5k - managed another £500 and closed at £5.5k (which I thought was about right for this car) however - reserve not met; so no sale.

I think that the standard of finish and attention to detail was probably the achilles heel for this car in making its' target price - particularly when you looked at some of the other cars in the auction...
Old 9th September 2012, 22:51

I'm sure that it is possible to turn a poor looking MX5 into a show stopping MX250 that will sell for a massive profit.
Like I said before it's all down to attention to detail, people these days are asking for perfection and nothing less!!!

The cars I saw at the Kit Car Show at Donington were a perfect example, they were perfectly presented and were if anything trying to be better than the cars they were trying to replicate.

With all due respect, the guys who represented Tribute Automotive didn't come up to the general standard.
However, the car they brought in was literally just 'thrown together' and primered just to show what can be done in a week or so.
With more time the car would have been a real head turner (it still turned heads anyway).

I do beleive that Tribute Automotive have so much more to offer and it just a matter of time before they are a front runner in the kit car face lifting fraternity.
Time and labour is obviously a big factor and they may have to look into expanding in the staff depatment.
Old 10th September 2012, 19:01

seanick is on a distinguished road

Ahh, 'staff'. the death of any small business!
Old 13th September 2012, 21:53

Brian C is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I think it may now be on eBay - check this link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...m=130764267935

Regards,

Brian
Old 13th September 2012, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
Hi,

I think it may now be on eBay - check this link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...m=130764267935

Regards,

Brian
I hope the highest bidder actually comes through this time for him.
Great photo with Chris 'Ginger Nuts' Evans
Old 13th September 2012, 22:22

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytek View Post
With all due respect, the guys who represented Tribute Automotive didn't come up to the general standard.
However, the car they brought in was literally just 'thrown together' and primered just to show what can be done in a week or so.
With more time the car would have been a real head turner (it still turned heads anyway).

I do beleive that Tribute Automotive have so much more to offer and it just a matter of time before they are a front runner in the kit car face lifting fraternity.
Time and labour is obviously a big factor and they may have to look into expanding in the staff depatment.
You are right about the standard of the other cars at the show vs our car, we do what we can in the time we have and do it on a shoe string, we try to do everything "in house" and we keep overheads/wages low. This translates into cheap kits for customers, simple. I would love to be in a bigger workshop with a shiny floor and tools, but this would mean that you, the customer, would have to pay for it. Given the harsh economic climate, I am happy to carry on as we are going, enjoying going to work, developing new ideas and providing kits that suit peoples limited budgets
Old 13th September 2012, 22:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
You are right about the standard of the other cars at the show vs our car, we do what we can in the time we have and do it on a shoe string, we try to do everything "in house" and we keep overheads/wages low. This translates into cheap kits for customers, simple. I would love to be in a bigger workshop with a shiny floor and tools, but this would mean that you, the customer, would have to pay for it. Given the harsh economic climate, I am happy to carry on as we are going, enjoying going to work, developing new ideas and providing kits that suit peoples limited budgets
You're doing a great job. What you have achieved for a small company is impressive.
Time was obviously an issue with the Donington car but it still got the attention it deserved.