Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 12th August 2011, 11:24

bonerp is on a distinguished road
Default Speedster finally passed IVA!

Well for those of you interested my Pilgrim 356 Speedster has passed IVA on 2nd attempt. The work to get it through retest was completed by Arden in Didcot. I got them to check over the things i did and tidy up bits here and there.

Registration is on tuesday then it will be going off for a new interior, roof and heated screen to be fitted (if I can source one!).

For anyone interested theres a post on DDK about the failures and challenges I had. Might be useful for others with similar build. I can add a link if allowed...

I'll add some pics when I get the car back next week. A couple before IVA/finishing

Paul

Last edited by bonerp; 12th August 2011 at 16:30..
Available from eBay
Old 14th August 2011, 15:33

mark gibbens is on a distinguished road
Default congratulations

well done,ive spoke a few times to u before,im also building a banham speedster hopefully iva ready next few months,dont seem like there,s a lot of speedsters being built,yours a chesil,urs looks good ,what did urs fail the iva on, any more pictures ,good luck with the interior, regards mark
Old 14th August 2011, 16:28

Hi mark no mines a pilgrim. Have a look on ddk there's a good link for iva. What colour are you having?
Old 16th August 2011, 19:04

mark gibbens is on a distinguished road
Default u really dont want to know

hi, ive painted me dash ,door shuts,inside of dooors a very similar colour to yours,body still in primer, but i think im going to end up painting it a beige creamy white,so unsure, on youre iva form was there a need to put in the relevant axle weights,also make and full model description, mines built on a rover 114 chassis with full running gear, so do i put rover ,or porsche speedster, any advice ,regards mark
Old 21st August 2011, 20:51

well after some checking of work completed by Ardens I'm not impressed with the quality or competency of their work. Fuses have been bypassed, high voltage circuits are not protected, bare wires are close to metal chassis, oil leaks exist that they should have fixed on the diffs and rockers, my paintwork has been scratched by them, and they charged me 171 hours to basically check/tidy my electrics, fit a couple of bonnet supports, fit seats and seat belt, and sort a couple of leaks.
If anyone wants further feedback just pm me.....
They passed the IVA for me yes, but the quality (and safety) of much of the work leaves me wishing I hadnt bothered putting the car into them. Especially considering the cost for something that was originally quoted at 59 hours....
use at your peril

Not great.
Old 16th January 2013, 16:40

Martinhammond is on a distinguished road

Hi, WHere did you get your roof from. My Banham desperately needs one.
Old 16th January 2013, 16:44

The speedster clinic
Old 16th January 2013, 16:50

Martinhammond is on a distinguished road

Arrgg. He is the one person who said he could build it and then fell off the earth. I will keep trying him, thanks.