Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 24th August 2013, 13:10

soporsche is on a distinguished road
Default MX250 comes home

Chris - thanks for your hospitality, final fettling of the car (and recommendations for good pubs in the area).
The MX finally made the journey from the Tribute workshop to South East London, not the longest in miles but traffic jams, accidents (not mine) and diversions conspired to turn it into a 7 hour marathon.
Well it was a decent shakedown and nothing fell off, engine ran like a dream and many, many fellow motorists, passers by and cyclists seemed to appreciate the car as it sat on the A31, M25 etc etc.. lots of thumbs up, camera phones, waves etc which made the lack of aircon for 7hrs a little more bearable! More positive attention than ANY car ive driven before and I have owned a few 'special' cars over the years.
There is a clunk very occasionally from the rear which Ill get checked out and a tin like rattle at low revs which is probably a loose heatshield or brake cover... again ill get these checked out.
One problem I would like any advice on from Chris or anyone on here... the headlining vinyl has come away from the roof panel but replacing will be a pain with the roll cage/bars in situ... any suggestions?

Im now contemplating long/mid term ownership or progression onto the next thing (I have the start of a cunning plan).

Thanks again Chris, great job and the coffee wasn't that bad!
Available from eBay
Old 24th August 2013, 13:50

fatbloke is on a distinguished road

Congrats on getting back on the road. Any pictures you can share?
Old 25th August 2013, 02:35

Thanks, ill get some pics online as soon as i take a few in dry weather. Good luck with the rest of your build, i have been following with interest.
Regards
Stephen
Old 25th August 2013, 05:47

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soporsche View Post
Thanks, ill get some pics online as soon as i take a few in dry weather. Good luck with the rest of your build, i have been following with interest.
Regards
Stephen
Dry weather.....???? Sorry in California at the mo sick of blue skies and sun 106f is toooooooo hot!!!!!!,.....is it raining at home????
Old 26th August 2013, 00:31

Hi Redratbike... my heart bleeds for you, blue skies, California roads, sensible fuel prices, vineyards etc etc! then again i believe all muscle cars are banned and have to be electric now and speed limits are 10mph in town and 50 on the freeway..
Yes its raining, well it has been for the weekend and ive discovered that like many (mx5s that is) my car leaks.. new one piece modified window seals to add to the fix list!
Enjoy the sun (and the rest).