Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 6th August 2016, 18:37

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Do try and keep up at the back
Old 6th August 2016, 20:43

Danny_HUFC is on a distinguished road

Haha oh yeah ive just read through the comments! My bad!
Old 6th August 2016, 20:44

Triumph Special is on a distinguished road

Lovely though that SWB Convertible is, at that money it wouldn't seem unreasonable to expect the badge on the nose to be in the middle, rather than miles out of alignment? Sorry, long day, being picky...
Old 6th August 2016, 21:04

Ollie is on a distinguished road

It totally baffles me why people are ripping into this car....
I find it very sad.
Old 6th August 2016, 21:10

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Both cars are nice and both will get a good price.

I prefer the interior of the red one but the back end of the Tribute one. I don't car that the red one is a more accurate copy of the Ferris Beuller kit car, I don't like the lights or beer shelf.

I would go for the Nubodi Tribute build and have a holiday driving it with the change
Old 6th August 2016, 22:03

Triumph Special is on a distinguished road

I'm absolutely not ripping into it. Not at all. I'm just pointing out that it is curious for it to have such an obvious flaw, in such a prominent area.

Sorry if I've offended, I won't say any more.
Old 7th August 2016, 06:23

I like a combo of them both. The more i look at the dash and the little tweaks of the red 1 the more I think about doing 1 myself! I really do hope tribue develop an afforable dash! Also the tonneau cover makes a masive difference to the back end of the red 1 with the roof down. They are a few £££ to buy but worth the money for the look it gives. They go on ebay for over £100 but i managed to get 1 for about £60 off gumtree.
Old 7th August 2016, 11:20

Shows how well DNA have done the dash

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C704054

Personally I will be keeping the BMW dash. I like to have windscreen defrosters that work, fresh air ducts for your face and air con. No rattles or shakes and all the switches and gauges working.

The paintwork on the DNA car is super, looks like liquid glass. I do however much prefer the Tribute shape.

Nubodies car I think is excellent value if you consider

car 1500
kit 4000
wheels & tyres 1000
paint 3000

If you were to buy it and keep in good condition I would imagine you would get zero depreciation, in fact it would probably rise a little in price.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 7th August 2016 at 11:28..
Old 7th August 2016, 11:31

smash is on a distinguished road

I make you right about the dash -it's lovely but at the end of the day the car is what it is, no matter how large the shield you put on the wing (and that one will probably show up on google maps!). Zero class.
Old 7th August 2016, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post

Personally I will be keeping the BMW dash. I like to have windscreen defrosters that work, fresh air ducts for your face and air con. No rattles or shakes and all the switches and gauges working.

How do you know that the windscreem defrosters dont work? And it also might have air con and why should it have rattles or shakes? And im sure it states that all gauges etc work?

I cant personally cant fault the interior. Its a massive put off for me seing all these z3's re-bodied and then look inside to find a z3 dash. (I should know because my kobra pi$$es me off every time i look at it!) if i was keeping the car then the dash would be gone....
Old 7th August 2016, 14:39

I agree about the interior mods really helping.
I also agree about the Z3 dash not helping most Tributes and am still considering changing my dials if I can decide how.

Modifying the dashboard and keeping everything working is a right ball ache though. All the plumbing for heating and aircon is pre pulled plastic so would need complete replacement to move anything. Every switch seems to have multiple function for example heated seat has on, heat 1, heat 2 and after a certain amount of time on heat 2 it turns down to heat 1.

I started off fully intending to replace my dash but lost my nerve and just hid the existing switches behind the James Bond panel.
Old 7th August 2016, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_HUFC View Post
How do you know that the windscreem defrosters dont work? And it also might have air con and why should it have rattles or shakes? And im sure it states that all gauges etc work?

I cant personally cant fault the interior. Its a massive put off for me seing all these z3's re-bodied and then look inside to find a z3 dash. (I should know because my kobra pi$$es me off every time i look at it!) if i was keeping the car then the dash would be gone....
The vents are too small for the size of the windscreen.
No point of having aircon if there are no ducts to direct it to your face.

On my Mk2 Jag the demisters are woeful, even with an upgraded fan. I was going to fit an electric front screen as a company was selling them for £800. Problem was that the MK2 front screens are notoriously hard to fit, they are only fitted at own risk and I decided it was too much to risk.
Having had various classics over the years, you do miss the creature comforts which you take for granted.
Old 7th August 2016, 15:29

I dont see any comforts taken away at all other than the airbags. As for aircon on your face? Id agree if you lived in Spain but for the 5 or 6 days a year in the uk that you would need aircon, id settle for it on my feet and on the screen!
Old 7th August 2016, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
I agree about the interior mods really helping.
I also agree about the Z3 dash not helping most Tributes and am still considering changing my dials if I can decide how.

Modifying the dashboard and keeping everything working is a right ball ache though. All the plumbing for heating and aircon is pre pulled plastic so would need complete replacement to move anything. Every switch seems to have multiple function for example heated seat has on, heat 1, heat 2 and after a certain amount of time on heat 2 it turns down to heat 1.

I started off fully intending to replace my dash but lost my nerve and just hid the existing switches behind the James Bond panel.
As for the heating controls etc being pulled plastic, they are just on wires which should be easy to change to a push/pull nob. And the gauges in my opinion (an electrician) could be wired up in a day with the correct diagram. That california on ebay just showed what can be done. I know chris knows a good auto electrician capable of doing the gauges as he used on the TVR GTO build.

You should of had more nerve/bottle to rip it out WCA!
Old 7th August 2016, 16:27

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

From my point of view the Tribute cars are just that, a classic , retro look with a modern car under it all. By all means fit a retro interior too but for me a tidy Z3 interior in black is all that's needed. Maybe a wooden steering wheel and a few subtle bits of chrome trim and that's enough. As soon as you open the bonnet you will see a fuel injected BMW six pot rather than a multi carb V12 , where would it end with a full blown "replica" ?
Old 7th August 2016, 19:33

I am torn between the two positions. I like the easy creature comforts of my interior and everything working.

I would like to change the instrument binicle as it is too obviously BMW but despite being molded to look like a sewerage part, I am fairly sure t in one piece.
Old 8th August 2016, 08:08

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C704054

The paintwork on the DNA car is super, looks like liquid glass. I do however much prefer the Tribute shape.

Nubodies car I think is excellent value if you consider

car 1500
kit 4000
wheels & tyres 1000
paint 3000

If you were to buy it and keep in good condition I would imagine you would get zero depreciation, in fact it would probably rise a little in price.
I'm not sure if I missed something here but if your maths are correct , even allowing another grand or so for sundry items , accessories , exhaust etc. that means Nubodi charge around £5000 to fit a convertible kit and oversee a paintjob by a third party ?
Is that right ?
Old 8th August 2016, 08:43

£5k to build, fit and finish along with all the other small parts seems like good value to me.
The small parts add up very quickly, lights, fuel cap etc etc.
Old 8th August 2016, 09:27

Barber is on a distinguished road

Remember, there is initial build, panel mods, paint prep, post paint assembly and finish, plus the parts and mods as stated by Jaguartvr. The prices quoted can look a bit odd, but overall, not massively off the mark. other builders on here have stated that they wouldn't do the work for Nubodi prices on other threads. As always, you get what you pay for.
Old 10th August 2016, 14:19

tricky360 is on a distinguished road

Car on eBay now sold
He got near the asking price