Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 29th April 2007, 19:59
Kit Car Dreamer

MADMAN is on a distinguished road
Default 360 Ferrari kit.

looking to build 360 but unsure of best kit, extreme, DNA. or what?
build on a Pug 306 coupe. or a MR2 mk.3 ?
any body tried these, or comment on which is the best.
I have currently got an extreme 355 and a BAD. 355 that is up for grabs so I can fund the 360. any help will be appreciated, MADMAN.
Available from eBay
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:41

CdRsKuLL is on a distinguished road

Hi m8, also been looking at the 360 kit's. Decided if I was to do any it would be the DNA Kit on the MR2 Roadster. Been getting prices for total build and its not coming out too bad.. The only thing thats stopping me at the moment is all the jiggery pokery thats been done to the suspension with spacers / trackrod end extenders etc.. just alittle worried it might of effected the handling too much. I see you have done a 355 before, did you use spacers on this.. how did it handle after. I dont want to make something thats just a nightmare to drive no matter how good it looks.

Also I need to see a completed kit and have a chat to its maker, even pester them to take me round the block in it so I know what to expect.

anyinfo would help

Steve
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:57
Kit Car Dreamer

Hi Steve, re. 355, yes I did put 100mm spacers on but I also added TEIN fully adjustable coilovers and to be honest the car handles like on rails, my only worry is stress on the wheel bearings, but after three years thrashing it around hard I have had no probs. as yet, touch wood !!! ( have you seen the 360 kit on ebay last week? aprox £1,250 stating bid but did not see finish. going to Tatton park in 355 sunday give me a call if you are there and we will have a natter re. 360 my 355 will be on the mk 1 mr2 stand reg. K555 FER MADMAN
Old 2nd June 2007, 22:17

Hi m8, will mention it to the missis but I will try and get down. Yeah I spotted the 360 kit on ebay last week, the seller was in birmingham as well (same place as DNA) I did message the guy but havent had a reply as yet, btw it ended with no bids at 1250. I'm lucky enough to have a m8 who owns a 360 and he came down with me on friday to DNA and he was quite impressed with the kit and its lines. .and did say that from the outside if finished right it would pass no probs. The doors on the two half built kits felt solid and lined up quite good. I also forgot to ask because you trim some off the top of the door will the window wind all the way down.. The guys there also havent got a manual yet which I think is a great time saver in the long run.

Steve
Old 2nd June 2007, 22:35
Kit Car Dreamer

you do not need a manual, when I built my 355 I was promised a manual but it arrived one week after I had finished my car, most of it is common sense and seing as you are thinking of building the kit you must be confident enough to carry it out with out a manual. the front wing fits at the front etc. joking aside the 355 was very straight forward. MADMAN
Old 2nd June 2007, 22:56

yeah I'm quite confident about doing one as its not even what I would call a 'proper' kit car, more a kit that fits on a car if you know what I mean. When I was a lad my dad decided to build a genetta (prob spelt wrong) and another one which I cant remember the name off and a GTR / GTM / Rosso or something like that based on a mini.. all three of these kits were a transplant of everything from one to another where this dna kit is just near enough bolt on. This is the main reason for choosing this over the Extreme kit as thats a more of a hack job of the donor which in my eyes comprimises the structure of the car. When I have a couple of very young lads safty does play more of an issue.

I would still like to find someone who has done this kit mind, but I'm not having much luck to be honest.. any ideas ?

also thanks for all your info it does help :-)

Steve
Old 7th June 2007, 23:33
Kit Car Dreamer

sorry Steve I cant find anyone who has built any 360 kit as yet, looks like we will be the first !!
I am at Newark kit show sunday poss. monday 17 / 18th if you turn up give me a bell 07885679294 we can have a rattle, also you will see my extreme 355 maybee we will see a 360 finished that will help us both cheers MADMAN
Old 8th June 2007, 23:40

I will see if I can get down.. just bought myself a 03 Roadster for the donor (Cat D car), collecting it on Monday.. but before I start stripping it I want to go down to birmingham again and get serious as its the no turning back once I start hacking a perfectly good car. I wont be starting the kit for a month or so as I need to sell my present car and order the kit / start buying bits I need etc.

Steve
Old 9th June 2007, 22:02
Kit Car Dreamer

Default 360

excellent,next week I will dig out tel. nos. for genuine lights / badges etc. may help you. MADMAN
Old 17th June 2007, 20:15
Kit Car Dreamer

Hi Steve, just what sort of money did you pay for a cat D car, as I am looking myself. was it stolen recovered or just panal damage? When you are ready to buy kit email me a week before,
I may be ready for buying one myself by then, who knows if we order two kits at the same time maybee we will both get a discount. MADMAN
Old 18th June 2007, 10:00

Hi m8, it had panel damage but has been repaired. I got it for £5000 but its a 03 plate. I know its still quite alot but there booked at 8k+ still. I wanted a post 03 model because of the 6 speed box and the bracing they added. I also think they uprated the LSD. Its going in for 4 wheel alignment in 30 mns, just to check its straight. I will defo give u a nod when I'm ready to go down and see them. I also going to Oulton park tomorrow as its a Ferrari trackday, after getting some good pic's of a proper spider and see if any of the challanger guys still have some 360 wheels knocking about :-)

Steve