Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 5th February 2014, 02:02

dougie.doo2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tour of the shop guys, you look busy, eh. Some interesting projects there, good to see how it's done. I am rebuilding my spitfire motor now, get back to you real soon, eh. Thanks again.
Old 5th February 2014, 09:05

garyh is on a distinguished road

Dougie,show us some pics as I would like to about rebuilding an engine.
Old 5th February 2014, 22:28

Barry Stard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
Dougie,show us some pics as I would like to about rebuilding an engine.
Yes Dougie, My herald engine is dead, but I think I could rebiuld with a little guidance and helpfrom others on here
Old 6th February 2014, 10:48

adventuresoftimtim is on a distinguished road

Yes the engine pics would be great, there are also loads of pics/help/tips etc on both the tssc and club triumph websites
Old 6th February 2014, 11:58

froggyman is on a distinguished road

I think it was Mr Towed that originally posted this link to an engine rebuild. If you have not seen it before it might give some confidence to tackle yours!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVDrGsaDME
Old 6th February 2014, 14:41

adventuresoftimtim is on a distinguished road

Haha... what an awesome link!!
Old 6th February 2014, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggyman View Post
I think it was Mr Towed that originally posted this link to an engine rebuild. If you have not seen it before it might give some confidence to tackle yours!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVDrGsaDME
Thank you Froggy man
Old 9th February 2014, 19:43

I keep watching this video, but can,t see any smashed rings, scored bores, worn cams or bent valves like my engine
Old 10th February 2014, 08:42

phil9 is on a distinguished road

don't no how far you are from norfolk but have a 1360 engine and box run nice come and get it..
Old 14th February 2014, 15:39

PJ GRABOWSKI is on a distinguished road

Ribble Camp. Quick Question . Are you VAT registered ?
Old 14th February 2014, 16:03

AndyP85 is on a distinguished road

Hi PJ,

just sent you a PM.
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:58
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

I needed the Ribble HQ address and come across the new RIBBLE web site. Very nice
Old 2nd March 2014, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1mo View Post
I needed the Ribble HQ address and come across the new RIBBLE web site. Very nice
Glad you noticed

Took some doing and there is still more to do but it certainly looks a trillion times better than it did
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:30

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

All sorts happening right now at Ribble HQ and it's always good to see visitors pop in for a chat and a brew to see what's happening first hand. Good to see you Mickey1mo and many thanks for the Leyland Tiger - Ribble coach model which now sits by my desk

Business is steadily pushing towards the turnkey direction (although the bread and butter kit sales are always there) and to that end we have appointed a very experienced agent, Rene Kummer, who will be looking after western European turnkey sales from his base in Cologne. Rene recently attended the Essen Classic show representing us and has come back with some interesting leads and ideas. His own car, a 1500cc Engined Pilot in Jaguar Pale Primrose, is about ready to be shipped along with the 2Ltr Navigator which will be heading to France, seen here together for the first time:

Why 274 you may ask? Well this may give you a hint and it doesn't take too much imagination...

Navigator Turnkey 002 body shell returns to us from the spray bay today in an original Triumph colour, a Salvador Blue last seen on a TR3:

In the background of the first photo is the donor for Navigator TK003 which will (probably) have a white powder coated chassis and a very dark green livery. We will be making a few design mods to this one which will be carried through to the range. The first is to address the tight seating position of the Navigator and will entail a sloped (oops!) rear bulkhead and a slightly extended cockpit to accommodate the normal bucket seats and also a bolt on body with bonded side rails and 'chassis' mounted roll bars. More photos as this one progresses.

As the turnkey side of the business grows, along with a slow move into track day cars such as the Silverstone (and a non Triumph based track version of the Pilot we are talking about now ) we will be adding to our web site and in preparation, have already added two more URLs (Both of which currently point to the usual web pages. These are:

http://www.ribble-sportscars.co.uk

and

http://www.ribble-motorsports.co.uk

As these grow (Thanks AndyP85) we will notify via the news here on the forum and also the news page on our Kits web site.

That's all for now but more when I can tear myself out of the workshop

Last edited by AndyP57; 2nd April 2014 at 10:37..
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:40

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Nice to see things are going well guys.

Also nice to see the pictures that show how dedicated you are to providing a quality product to the buying customer - both those export turnkeys are a credit to you.

Interesting that someone else has chosen to go with a D24 racing number - as I'm sure you're all already aware, #274 was the car that Felice Bonetto drove to victory in the 1953 Bologna Raticossa Pass 43.2km hill-climb, seven seconds faster than second placed Lancia teammate Eugenio Castellotti (driving #260, a D23/24 hybrid). Bonetto's winning time of 26 minutes, 03.2 seconds, gave him an average speed of 99.488kph, and was 40 seconds ahead of the closest Maserati (3rd), and a whopping 1 minute 25 seconds faster than the top placed Ferarri in 6th place.

And to think I was able to recite all that from my comprehensive knowledge of Lancia heritage without referring to Italian pages on Wikipedia and translating them into English even a bit...

Oh, and in case anyone's forgotten, this picture was my inspiration -

For this -

Last edited by Mister Towed; 2nd April 2014 at 11:48.. Reason: add photos
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:58

Thankyou T :

A lot of hard work has gone in to these cars and there is still more hard work to come with the others!

We were very pleased when our German customer specified the modifications to make it look reminiscent of #274 though without the wheel arch and headlight scoops. I am going to try and get some footage of it running as the noise it makes is lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Nice to see things are going well guys.

Also nice to see the pictures that show how dedicated you are to providing a quality product to the buying customer - both those export turnkeys are a credit to you.

Interesting that someone else has chosen to go with a D24 racing number - as I'm sure you're all already aware, #274 was the car that Felice Bonetto drove to victory in the 1953 Bologna Raticossa Pass 43.2km hill-climb, seven seconds faster than second placed Lancia teammate Eugenio Castellotti (driving #260, a D23/24 hybrid). Bonetto's winning time of 26 minutes, 03.2 seconds, gave him an average speed of 99.488kph, and was 40 seconds ahead of the closest Maserati (3rd), and a whopping 1 minute 25 seconds faster than the top placed Ferarri in 6th place.

And to think I was able to recite all that from my comprehensive knowledge of Lancia heritage without referring to Italian pages on Wikipedia and translating them into English even a bit...

Oh, and in case anyone's forgotten, this picture was my inspiration -

For this -

Old 2nd April 2014, 12:03

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Luigi always hated queuing for a Taxi when the Milan bars emptied on a Saturday night, but tonight, after a bottle of Absinthe, he had a plan...
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:06

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Two finished Navigators?!

Glad you didn't post this yesterday, or I would have thought it was a wind up.

Jokes aside they both look great and, as Mr T says, a credit to you.

As I said before, the primrose yellow is a great colour choice for an "old" car.

I also quite like how the front indicators look just bolted on "pointing down".
( As I didn't think that would look right when I was trying to find a place to mount my own indicators. )

Could I be a real pain and request a few more photos of the following?
- Bonnet hinge arrangement
- Wiring route for headlights & indicators
- How do you access the mounting bolts for the side mirrors?

Actually, the more photos you can take the better.

Cheers, Paul.

PS
I will be printing some of the photos above to inspire me on my own build.
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:51

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,
No, just One Navigator and it's not quite finished as we've yet to have the engine running. The Primrose Yellow car is a Pilot with a Navigator bonnet, though as the fit is so good, we're happy to sell either bonnet with either car (though for the bigger engines, we would recommend the Navigator bonnet as it fits a 2Ltr under it without scoops)
We did have doubts about the front indicators too, but Rene insisted on the bigger ones and was specific about their position. It's grown on us now so I don't have any qualms about putting them there again. (though it may look good in the edges of the grille?)
The next Two cars are Navigators though as we do find getting a good Spitfire donor is easier than Heralds.
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:19

garyh is on a distinguished road

Excellent work on all the cars, that blue looks very nice. More pics please...