Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 24th November 2005, 19:40
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road
Default Another R builder

Hi All,

I'm just about to take the plunge and pay my deposit for a 5EXI-R.

I know I don't have to consider it just yet, but to help me choose a colour, I'm wondering what colours are in circulation amongst other builders.

It seems the orange ones are pretty common, so that’s out. I've seen the Which Kit yellow one (not to my taste!), Dylan's car, and the recent Marlin demo cars (Lambo orange, silver, and the new blue one). I quite fancy a black one, having seen a picture of the original Marlin Turbo demonstrator - at least I think it was the demo car. Has/is anyone on here built / building a black car, and if so have you any pictures?

It's perhaps a bit girly asking about colours , but the mechanicals are set in stone.

I'm looking forward to starting the build. I just need to get busy finding an engine in preparation of the kit's arrival....

Cheers,

John.
Available from eBay
Old 24th November 2005, 22:09
Enthusiast

holgate86 is on a distinguished road
Default colour

It has taken me 18 months to decide what colour i'm going to paint mine, I have finally chosen imperial blue metallic (rs focus colour). I have just seen Marlins demo model in blue metallic and I must say it looks fantastic. I don't know what blue it is, anybody know?.
I also see they have fitted a rear panel to fill in the recess for the number plate. I had planned on fabricating a panel myself to do exactly that but Marlin have beaten me to it.
The thing about us guys building individual cars we want something unique and that even means having a different colour to all the other ones. The problem is Marlin have sold more kits than colours available.
I can only say if you're painting the kit it has to be metallic, I think all three Marlin demonstraters in silver,orange and blue metallic looked fantastic especially under certain lighting.

kind regards Brian
Old 24th November 2005, 22:28
Enthusiast

Cheers for the reply.

A tasteful choice of colour by the way.

I think I heard Terry say that the blue is a Lambo blue. It did look very good at Westpoint.
Old 24th November 2005, 23:00
Enthusiast

BIG_Fella is on a distinguished road

I am going for the blue gel coat
The colour has changed a bit from the first blue ones according to marlin
Great to see there is another type R builder
Old 25th November 2005, 00:04
Enthusiast

Big Fella,

I see you're based in Bristol. I work and live in Bristol during the week, and go back to Dorset at the weekends - it would be great to meet up and discuss your car, and see how you're getting on with the type-r lump. It'd also be handy to see what I need to get with the Civic lump - e.g. how far the loom extends, and whether I need any ancillary components from around the engine bay.

Have you found any documentation for the Civic lump?

Please let me know if it's possible to meet up.

Cheers,

John.
Old 25th November 2005, 10:13
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

The colour choice for me has been one of the hardest decisions to make. I've ended up going for the gelcoat black, because like you I wanted to be different. Have not ordered mine yet so can't show you any pictures.
Old 26th November 2005, 17:54
Enthusiast

craig is on a distinguished road

Yeah I'm blue gel coat as well until it's finished then some sort of metallic blue.

I've decided to keep my type r engine and dump the turbo option, probably run it for a while to see if it's quick enough and then supercharge it as I don't think it will be that quick in standard form.

Nice clutch conversion bigfella and I was looking at your pedals...
I bought some from Dan already converted by Marlin but all the others I've seen look completly different to mine as on mine the accelerator pedal is about 6 inches longer which I did find a bit strange?