Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th April 2016, 23:07

TynoPrime is on a distinguished road
Default Just another MX250 build! (Pic heavy!)

Hey guys,

So I've been lurking around the forum for almost two years now, with my eyes solely on one car - the mx250. I've read post by post through every build thread I could find on here, and got many ideas from each one in turn. I bought my donor (1995 eunos) around a year ago now, and have been using it as my daily driver since. As I need it for my daily, I will be "prepping" the kit for, I imagine, a month or two before taking a week off work to hit it in one big go.

So, the reason I haven't bought the kit itself yet, frustratingly, was for a few reasons. The main reason being lack of funds. We are just about to complete on our second house, and as I have been paying out for all the fees for everything thus far, my wife has "allowed" me the money back on completion, meaning I will finally have the money to get the damn thing!

My aim is not to make a ferrari, not by any means. I love the Tribute brand, I think Chris does fantastic work and to be quite frank I think he could be alot more greedy than he is. The kit is fantastically priced, I certainly wouldn't have even been able to THINK about a build if the kit wasn't so attainable-y(?) priced! And I also love Mazda. My RX8 was without doubt some of the most fun I have ever had driving. I love the new sports cars they continue to make, and I love the old ones that just keep giving. The miata being one of them. For that reason I still want it to remain a "Mazda".

So until the house goes through and I can buy the kit, I have started working on the interior! While I want a classic car look on the outside, I don't want to make it look like a "classic" inside exactly, I want a retro, luxury feel. Something with hints of the mazda origin, but still the feel of a car that could be worth £100k.

I welcome all advice, compliments, critiques, etc.

I'll try and document everything as well as possible, but for the most part I only have my iphone with me most of the time, and I'm pretty damn forgetful!

~Tyno
Available from eBay