Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 2nd June 2012, 13:31

lancelot link is on a distinguished road
Default Important Notice : Please Read This .....

In the Words of Bob Dylan , '' The times they are a-changing'' but also listening to Corporal Jones' wise words ...'' don't panic ....''

The way the Sammio range is being packaged , presented , sold etc is changing a little...

THIS WILL NOT AFFECT CURRENT ORDERS....TIMES , PRICES , COLLECTION POINT ETC.....ALL ARE UNAFFECTED.

I have joined forces with our most active Forum member , Andyp57 , to make some positive changes and hopefully , improve our service to customers as well as giving the product room to grow...Andy will be controlling Spyder and Cordite sales , the G46 will not be part of the agreement , that stays with me .

For the foreseeable future , kit production for the Sammio Spyder and Cordite will remain in Poole and you will be able to still collect your kit from Poole , but there will be an option of collection from Preston for all these kits and sundries etc.

Some kits may be available from stock soon....

All ordering , enquiries etc will be made via the new , improved website www.sammio.co.uk

There is a short news item on there as well , explaining these changes as well as new Paypal payment options and news of current discounts.....so if you are lurking and/or thinking of ordering , please read about the offers available for the next month or so.....

Basically , Andy is taking over the kit sales side of things ....we have been discussing this for a while now and I have had many offers from people wanting to be agents on a sale or return basis , but Andy actually stepped forward with a financial commitment that showed he meant business and has satisfied me that he is passionate enough to take this forward with me...

For me , it means I can concentrate on a few things that need sorting....

primarily , trying to organise kit production , sales , enquiries etc. and manage build projects , has meant that we have been getting behind. The G46 is the most notable example of that.

The G46 has been pushed back by its more popular cousins , I haven't had the time to finish the first build , introduce alterations etc...we have also gotten behind on the partial builds we undertook.

So our time over the next few months is going to be spent getting the projects sorted ....G46 build and 2 x 550 builds are the most pressing ...

We are nearly finished on Barry's Spyder and we have 3 G46 bodyfits to get sorted...

When I can see some light , I will look at developing the G46 further ....this may mean removing it from sale for a short period of time.

I am also intending on building a few Turnkey style cars a year and still undertaking turnkey builds and partial builds as well.... The idea is to attend various shows throughout the year with a finished car for sale as well as regular listings on ebay , pistonheads etc.

Some of you may wonder why I am doing this and its pretty simple....

I haven't enjoyed things in recent months , I am very passionate about my 'babies' and also protective as well. The pressure of working 55-60 hour weeks has taken its toll....It has affected me both in my private life , financially by sinking every spare penny into development in a shortish period of time and my relationships with my son and his mother have been affected as well....I chose to miss out on key events in Sams life , holidays etc. to pursue the dream and that's not great...Mike has been fantastic during this period , he regularly works later than his paid timeslot , attends shows free of charge , works Saturdays free of charge etc. etc. , but it has been strained on occasion through financial restrictions as well as just being 'knackered constantly'

I feel the Sammio range is at a stage now where it stands on its own , is well known enough worldwide and is documented well enough for this next level of growth to happen without me being the one to guide it...

By taking this path and Andy lifting some of the weight off my shoulders , Mike and myself can get back to doing what we do best , designing , creating and building cars and hopefully better working hours....

We will be attending shows with Andy , my involvement in promotion of the cars won't alter , I'm not going away just trying to get back to normal !!

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.....

Last edited by lancelot link; 2nd June 2012 at 13:35..
Available from eBay
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:28

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Well done Gary, get your life back on track mate.

Work to Live, not Live to Work!

Your lagacy will live on.

BTW I will try and stop by over the next week or so and show off my finished car. Weather permitting!
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:32

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Having seen Andys Facility's and commitment so far to growing his own business I have no doubt that your babies are in safe hands. I look forward to doing business with you both in the near future!
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrtone View Post
Weather permitting!
Weather permitting .....thought you were a hardened biker !

Would be good to see it mate ....we are working Tuesday if that helps.....probably 10-4
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazDavies View Post
Having seen Andys Facility's and commitment so far to growing his own business I have no doubt that your babies are in safe hands. I look forward to doing business with you both in the near future!
THANKS MATE ....

I hope most people on here will see this as a positive move , it is the right thing to do....I spent an evening with Andy and his son last week and the entire conversation for about 4 hours was Sammio related !! They are as passionate as I am about the cars and Andys son , erm Andy , saw the G46 in the flesh and went all weak knee'd !! So they might be getting one of those in the future as well !!
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:04

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
....I spent an evening with Andy and his son last week and the entire conversation for about 4 hours was Sammio related !! They are as passionate as I am about the cars and Andys son , erm Andy , saw the G46 in the flesh and went all weak knee'd !! So they might be getting one of those in the future as well !!
I know the feeling..... I can never get him to shut up either ;-)
When I spoke to young Andy last he was saying that he liked the idea of the G46 and needed to see one. I've said it lots before but you really do need to see it in person and if Andy taking over things on the Spyder and Cordite side allows you to progress with the G46, I don't see how anybody could take that as a negative!
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:12
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Good luck to you both in your new partnership. Sounds like you have a great plan for the future, onwards and upwards.

If you wanted to have a formal news piece on the homepage, drop me a e-mail with the information and I'll post it up. john (at) madabout-kitcars.com

Cheers John
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:32

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good move to me. Having met Andy and his little (!) boy recently I reckon the project's in safe hands. Good luck to both of you.
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:09

Straight Sixer is on a distinguished road

your own hard work and vision have produced a great product.

It takes a big man to admit to struggling and to ask for help.

This can only be a good step to take for all concerned.

Sincerely wish you, your family and all concerned with the Sammio Car Co the very best.

Now, get back to work.
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:54

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Good Luck Garry
When the dream becomes a chore or a burden its no longer a dream its a nightmare.
I know the millions of ideas you have going on in your head and the current Sammios have been developed to the point where the money invested should start being returned.
I think that now there are cars being finished and looking very impressive that some of the lurkers are going to take the plunge to build their own.

I for one am grateful that you have an anything is possible attitude and there isn't many in the industry that have the passion and the vision to help a builder fullfill their dreams.

I hope everything with Jeanette and Sam is ok
Old 2nd June 2012, 18:43

davecymru is on a distinguished road

As my old WO told me years ago:
"family comes first, then work, then hobbies. In that order. There are NO exceptions or you won't have a family to come home to!"

Best of luck to you all!
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:28

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Hi Gary - Sounds like a good and positive move. You have become a victim of your success but have taken positive steps to resolve the issues.

That is my business consultancy bull sh1t for - Well done, and good decision.

I will email you in a minute about my body shell.
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:35

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Hi Gary,

Good luck with the new arrangements, I really hope it does reduce the pressure on you (& Mike).

Take care, Paul.
Old 3rd June 2012, 09:26

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Good luck, Gary. You have started a range of products that have brought a lot of enjoyment and pleasure (and bruised knuckles) to a lot of people. I hope that this new arrangement lets you enjoy all aspects of life.
Old 3rd June 2012, 20:00

patoune is on a distinguished road

I hope this solution will help you solve your problems and give you the opportunity to answer all my emails remained unanswered.
May be now, can you give me a delivery date?
Old 3rd June 2012, 20:13

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Gary

Cool, really looking forward to the G46 taking off!!!!!!!!
Old 3rd June 2012, 22:22

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charman.tech View Post
Gary

Cool, really looking forward to the G46 taking off!!!!!!!!
Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

......?

Gary/Andy, I hope Sammio Cars 'V1.2' exceeds your expectations and that of your customers.

Best wishes

PS I've emailed you separately.
Old 3rd June 2012, 23:09

seanick is on a distinguished road

Sounds familiar! Good move.
Old 4th June 2012, 07:48

Patton is on a distinguished road

I wish everbody the very best, (not luck as it's hard work based) se you soon PAT
Old 4th June 2012, 11:26

Welsh 46r is on a distinguished road

while i wish you well with the new arrangements can you now say when delivery of the G46 kits will begin , you have had my money for 3 months and i've not had a straight answer once yet when i've called you . Adrian