Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Old 1st August 2008, 22:50

BigDaveUK is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Questions!

Hi, basically i am after my first trackday weapon, it will be purely track. no road use at all. i would like a 'seven' style car although i love the westfield XTR but its way out of my price range. i have moderate mechanical knowledge (i can bolt stuff together and know how an engine works )
I have a pretty limited budget, around the 5-7k mark, and my main problem i think will be my height, i`m 6'4", will i fit in a widebody westfield SE?
I'm not lookin to get into any race series as yet, just something chuckable and tuneable with options for upgrades as money becomes available.
Thanks for any help
Dave.

Also looking for a trailer if anyone has any recommendations
Available from eBay
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:52
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Hi BigDave and welcome to the forum

Havn't got first hand knowledge of being 6' 4" but anything made by Jeremy Philips (Sylva, Fisher, RAW) have a great track reputation and you won't go too far wrong if you fit. You could see what they think over in the owners club (http://www.jpsc.org.uk/jpsc/)

Cheers, John
Old 5th August 2008, 08:38

andybennie is on a distinguished road

Hi
6ft 4in would not be a problem in a wide body Westfield but advise finding one that has a) seats that adjust fore and aft and b) one that has the lowered floor option. Happy hunting.
Andy
Old 5th August 2008, 22:04

alvin is on a distinguished road

i have a 4 wheel unbraked trailer with 3 winches and ramps and 2 spare mini 10 '' wheels with tyres.; i was painting it!
up for sale max 750 kgs gross for only legal reasons . enough for a locust ( also for sale!)but at 6'4'' its too small 4 u .. but maybe the trailer?
i'm away 13th to 23rd aug otherwise 01372 270268 ANYTIME
alvin. its currently got my mg midget on it!
Old 5th August 2008, 22:09

oh dave ( or anyone else interested ) the trailer is 13 ft bed long flat by 63.5 inches max car length / track alvin

Last edited by alvin; 5th August 2008 at 22:10.. Reason: clarification
Old 9th August 2008, 00:41

oops sorry i got a bit mixed up .. posted reply in wrong box ... .. yes ''size matters''...
i'm 5' 11'' 165 pounds and only just fit in my midget and lambo and caterham .. have fun lads and lassies ... yes theres yl's out there too... but really more a man's thing .. why is this? theres not that mny female welders/.. golly this is a BRILLIANT WEBSITE!..
KEEP THE MESSAGES COMING
Old 9th August 2008, 08:01
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
oh dave ( or anyone else interested ) the trailer is 13 ft bed long flat by 63.5 inches max car length / track alvin

Hi Alvin and welcome.

Might help sell the trailers if you post you location, price and pictures of them. If you have problems posting pictures, let me know.

Welcome big Dave. As JG said above. Lots out there. I would go to the shows to have a look about. They usually have a lots for sale. Depending on weather.

If you want new, after seeing them at the show, go to the manufacter for a test drive.

Lots for sale on the site here.

Shamless plug.

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitc...ype=all&wm=201

John's Turbo 5exi would make a great track car. 200BHP, mid engine and cheap. Though is fully road legal. Stev (SDM...) has a 5EXI is is about your height.
Old 14th September 2008, 21:42

SteveWB4 is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave try Vindicator! their website is www.vindicator.co.uk send John an e-mail and am sure they will be able to help you. I've found them willing to adapt their car to suit customers body type and still keeping the strict shape of the car
Old 5th April 2009, 21:22

spic01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveUK View Post
Hi, basically i am after my first trackday weapon, it will be purely track. no road use at all. i would like a 'seven' style car although i love the westfield XTR but its way out of my price range. i have moderate mechanical knowledge (i can bolt stuff together and know how an engine works )
I have a pretty limited budget, around the 5-7k mark, and my main problem i think will be my height, i`m 6'4", will i fit in a widebody westfield SE?
I'm not lookin to get into any race series as yet, just something chuckable and tuneable with options for upgrades as money becomes available.
Thanks for any help
Dave.

Also looking for a trailer if anyone has any recommendations
Dave, not another one who has fallen out of love of porsches ?
or have i got the wrong Dave ?

Steve.
Old 6th April 2009, 07:38

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

You just missed a Shelsley T2 on ebay, you would have been able to fit in that