The brake warning light flickered at first and then stayed on. Time for new pads. How hard can it be?
Rear pads looked okay so I started with the front passenger side. Done in about 30 minutes but the pads were only about half worn. Replaced then anyway and started on the drivers side.
The caliper was clamped to the disc with a seized piston. I managed to get it off be the piston was not going back in the caliper so decided it was easier to replace that risk a refurb.
Brake flexi would not come out of the caliper so decided to replace the flexi as well. That too was a challenge to remove but a blow torch and penetrating oil overcame the stuck fitting.
New pads fitted, brake bled and ready for the test run. Pressed the brake pedal one more time before heading out and suddenly it went to the floor.
Damn, I must have left something loose so I whip the wheel off to see brake fluid pissing out of the metal brake pipe where it is clipped to the inner wing.
I hadn't even touched that bit as it is part hidden by a plastic wheel arch liner but I guess it was rusty and the rest of the work I had done had disturbed the rust and the pipe had failed.
I am glad it happened on the drive and not when I was actually driving but now I need to replace the metal brake pipes and I don't have a pipe flaring tool.
I share spend the next hour or so gently swearing while I try and work out exactly what to do.
As always, advice and help welcome.