Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > DNA Builds

DNA Builds DNA 250 California builds here

Old 26th June 2017, 08:54

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

That will cheer Smash up!

Anyone notice that the picture clearly shows a silver donor but in the build pictures it is clearly a blue car?

Looks very nice but not sure if the black really suits it and the interior has a bit of a "home made" look. Doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the pale blue and tan car pictured on the DNA thread.
It does however look very nice overall and hopefully will sell for big bucks.
Old 26th June 2017, 19:38

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

That is a pretty car ...but 80 big ones ? I think theres a few people chancing their luck at the moment ... Brendan ( Mineheart on here ??) is asking too much in my opinion and so is this guy ...its local to me apparently , so might see it on my travels ..

You gotta love a traders description too ... starts off with
''Not one piece of this car is not as per the original, and therefore indistinguishable from the real thing.'' and he starts to doubt his own enthusiasm by the time hes finished typing because he signs off with ''A recreation that is visually almost identical to the original 250 GT ''
Old 26th June 2017, 21:02

tricky360 is on a distinguished road

home made dash , and dials, baggy hood,
couple of ideas I like, handbrake moved, removable side glass.
Old 26th June 2017, 21:07

I did notice the baggy hood but hadn't noticed that it didn't have quarter lights, now I realise that there are no pictures with the windows up, surely it must have wind up windows?
Old 26th June 2017, 21:51

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
I did notice the baggy hood but hadn't noticed that it didn't have quarter lights, now I realise that there are no pictures with the windows up, surely it must have wind up windows?
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/jack...yr3je.jpg.html
Old 26th June 2017, 22:54

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Current bid at point of typing on their other listing is over 30k.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-absolu...8AAOSwMvtZT6k6
Old 27th June 2017, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post

Looks as if the quarter lights have been painted on in this picture. It must have been a lot of work to delete them so seems to defeat the point if you then paint them back on!
I wonder if the windows still work properly, I assume so otherwise it would make a very large dent in the selling price and I personally wouldn't pay big bucks if they were plastic. It would take the car to a whole new level if they were working and glass.
Old 28th June 2017, 17:27

Piguin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Looks as if the quarter lights have been painted on in this picture. It must have been a lot of work to delete them so seems to defeat the point if you then paint them back on!
I wonder if the windows still work properly, I assume so otherwise it would make a very large dent in the selling price and I personally wouldn't pay big bucks if they were plastic. It would take the car to a whole new level if they were working and glass.
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/jack...pdlto.jpg.html

I thought the same at first, but it seems like the whole front part along with its sealing rubber is now removable, which means that the windows do work but leave a rather distinctive gap (extra ventilation!) unless you place them back first.
Old 10th July 2017, 09:38

smash is on a distinguished road

Estimate 50-65k

https://www.handh.co.uk/buy/1999-fer...vocation/14174

Interior just perfect!

Last edited by smash; 10th July 2017 at 09:40..
Old 10th July 2017, 10:18

I'm pretty sure that that was the first car that sold for big money on Ebay, around £42k if I remember correctly.
Looks like it has been used a bit from the state of the floor carpet.
Old 10th July 2017, 13:15

Is it me or have DNA been keeping a low profile recently?

The 2fifty website is offline and the main DNA website has been "coming soon" for ages
Old 10th July 2017, 13:44

kevemm is on a distinguished road

Really want to see what these actually go for at auction? I am sure Mark at Total sold his one for over £50k? RE DNA someone said they now only make the 250 as a complete car not kits or anything hence why the website is no longer live?
Old 10th July 2017, 15:12

Marks had 3 through I think he said. Maybe they don't need to advertise if they have a long waiting list, maybe they don't want certain interests. Just thought it was weird - I mean I didn't think they'd ditched all their other kits?
Old 10th July 2017, 16:09

kevemm is on a distinguished road

Blimey if Mark has he must have sold them discreetly perhaps thats the plan keep the grey one on the website take orders off the back and move them on. That way no one actually knows what they are going for? re the kits what i heard was they decided the money was in full blown cars rather than the agg with the newer kits might be wrong though. Knowing what i know I cant understand why someone has not done the panel swap saga with a 250 GTO but a good one dimensions etc. Sorry Roy's one has never been the right shape too wide and droopy body in my opinion. The Datsun ones you can get quite nice if the full interior is done (not for £57K though as the racing green one is up for) again though the front wings should have been higher and not so flat. Slight changes decent engine done right they can be nice.
Old 10th July 2017, 18:58

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Nice car but the Z3 it depends upon under the skin was a Cat C write off. Surely you would think twice before spending £50k plus on it ? I'm sure it was all sorted but why build such a lovely car on a written off donor when good, straight cars can by found so cheaply to start with ??
Old 10th July 2017, 19:20

Ideal donor, chances are it is all panel damage that would have been taken off anyway. I was looking for a cat C or D for my build, it was just that a cheap car came up.
I buy and repair damaged motorcycles, they can be written of for a scratched silencer or tank.
Great value for a rebid.
I also do a few cars, I bought 3 accident damaged MX5's for my Retroforza kit but all had such slight damage that I repaired them and sold them on.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 10th July 2017 at 19:23..
Old 10th July 2017, 20:35
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

In the same auction a REAL Ferrari 308 and 456 have similar valuations along with a 1972 AM DBS. As much as the DNA is a well executed car, the value attributed just seems bonkers to me. Take the money and run if it gets anywhere near estimate. Buyer also has to add 15% + VAT to hammer price, ouch!
Old 10th July 2017, 22:15

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ideal donor, chances are it is all panel damage that would have been taken off anyway. I was looking for a cat C or D for my build, it was just that a cheap car came up.
I buy and repair damaged motorcycles, they can be written of for a scratched silencer or tank.
Great value for a rebid.
I also do a few cars, I bought 3 accident damaged MX5's for my Retroforza kit but all had such slight damage that I repaired them and sold them on.
That's very true but there are lots of people who wouldn't touch it because its a Cat C and that will live with the car for ever. Not a problem if you build the car for yourself to keep but worth bearing in mind if you might want to sell in the future.