Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 11th October 2007, 10:51
Enthusiast

madolddog is on a distinguished road
Default Extreme 360

Hi, have been reviewing favourite websites recently and was looking at the Extreme website which has been updated. Looking at the 360 conversion of a 406 coupe looked very nice until I saw the piece comparing a 'real' 360 and the Extreme version and how similar they where and the fact that the Ferrari and the Peugeot Coupe have the same designer - all well and good! However when they put comparison shots of the real versus the copy I was surprised to see a shot of the 'real' 360's interior only to find what is actually a 406 interior with a yellow rev counter (which only a 430 would have)and a gate gear change which looked very convincing - until I found a picture of a genuine 360 and saw that they are nothing like the same! This casts doubts as to the integrity of the manufacturer to make such claims to potential customers which can easily be disclaimed, or am I being too harsh?

Last edited by madolddog; 11th October 2007 at 10:53.. Reason: small error!
Available from eBay
Old 11th October 2007, 12:50
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

I think you are being a bit harsh.

A 406 is never going to be an exact copy of the 360.

Yes it does seem they've made a silly mistake in identifying interiors. This could be a genuine mistake though as the web designer that put the site together might know nothing about the 360.
Old 15th October 2007, 03:59

madoldbugger is on a distinguished road

I wrote to Extreme in an un-threatening way pointing out this 'error' as it was in two different places on the site so not 'un-intentional' and got a very rude reply from Paul Belk not even addressing this mistake with any sort of explanation other than the comparisons between a real 360 and theirs was only in size etc and I was told that I was 'ill informed' 'bored with life' and a 'nobhead' (his spelling!) and I should go elseware!

So I think I was right in my assumptions that the company is not as good as first thought and I would certainly never have dealings with them as their/his customer skills are 'non existent' and he appears to be a very very rude man and maybe this was why Mirrorfinish stopped selling their products!

If it was an 'error' the least he could have done is apologize rather than attack a potential customer - or again am I wrong?
Old 15th October 2007, 08:57
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Can't say 'you' were ever wrong.

If the letter / email to Extreme was polite (which I assume is was), then they should have been polite and looked into the issue.
Old 15th October 2007, 10:01
Enthusiast

madolddog is on a distinguished road

Hi, First off madolddog and madoldbugger are actually the same person - me(just that my work computer accepts one pw and the one at home t'other!)

Yes my letter was VERY polite with some praise for their quality and authentisity with just a query regarding the inconsistancies and all I got was a two line abusive reply without even an explaination or appology which I felt totally un-warrented and bloody rude - especially as I could have been a potential customer with 10 grand plus to spend! With them now - NO WAY!
Old 17th October 2007, 22:34
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

There's no excuse for that sort of customer treatment and I can't understand the mentality of anyone in business doing such a thing, they must know that bad press gets out in a flash nowadays.

John
Old 18th October 2007, 02:25

madoldbugger is on a distinguished road

Exactly John! With forums like this to enable end users and suppliers to air their views I think it was rather stupid to take such a course of action especially as they are making inaccurate claims which can easily be discounted. To be so abusive to a potential customer is bound to be damaging and I would have expected at the least some sort of excuse or apology for implying that the other car used was a genuine 360 and in fact also a copy but it is now an obvious intention to mislead, but also it is clear they have no desire to uphold a good reputation and that puts a blight on their/his integrity which hopefully others will be aware of and treat with extreme caution (sorry couldn't resist)
Cheers Terry