Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 24th June 2019, 13:40

pippip is on a distinguished road
Default Sportster Hood

I am a very new Marlin Sportster owner I have a windscreen but am looking into buying a hood/frame and side screens. The price from Marlin soon adds up to a significant amount. I would be grateful for any advice or indeed any other possible Hood suppliers.
Available from eBay
Old 24th June 2019, 21:40
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

You may be able to find someone to make you a bespoke hood but my advice would be to get one from Marlin while you still can (the company is up for sale).
It's designed to fit the Sportster and it fits very well. You'll need to fit demister vents as well if they are not already there.
Old 24th June 2019, 21:46

Thank you I have been trying to contact them but so far with no reply to phone or email. Thanks for your advice
Old 25th June 2019, 07:41

ChrisS is on a distinguished road

I don’t believe Marlin are accepting any more orders until after the sale of the company has gone through. Can’t remember what the exact date was but pretty sure Terry’s announcement included an “order by” date which was a month or so ago at least.
Old 26th June 2019, 13:27

I spoke with Terry at Marlin. She is not taking any orders until after the sale is completed. She said that they will be able to supply hoods etc but not for some months.
Old 26th June 2019, 17:28

ChrisS is on a distinguished road

Yes. I ordered a hood frame from Marlin before the cut off date, but have been told it won’t be supplied until after the sale has gone through.
Not an issue for me as way off needing it, I just wanted to make sure I had ordered such Marlin specific bits while I could.