Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 28th July 2013, 21:44

Bobnic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hi Rob - and dad!

Congratulations - you kept that all very quiet.

How about some of those promised photos?

As a recent recruit to the MOC committee, where I would like to encourage greater use and more interest in the Forum, could I beg a favour, and ask you to post a thread on your success, and experience of IVA, on the MOC Forum?

Regards

Mike
Hi Mike, Thanks for the congrats. Have just posted a bit on the MOC forum as you requested, along with a photo of the car in the sunshine on the test day at VOSA Bristol. Not intentionally kept quiet about the car. Lack of time, and also, didn't want to give myself anymore pressure that necessary, just my friends knowing was bad enough! Spent the last 2.5 years replying to the same question with the same reply: 'Well it's coming along ok now, we're getting there, just a couple more issues to sort out, then we can really crack on and finish this thing'!!
Old 29th July 2013, 23:37

Thinking of going to either the regular Stroud meet, or Gloucester kit car enthusiasts meet as soon as the DVLA furnish me with a number plate. Any of you guys ever go to either of these?
Old 30th July 2013, 09:06

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnic View Post
Thinking of going to either the regular Stroud meet, or Gloucester kit car enthusiasts meet as soon as the DVLA furnish me with a number plate. Any of you guys ever go to either of these?
Gawd, I've lived in the area most of my life and never even knew about these clubs!

Bristol Kit Car Club is another good one with regular meets and a busy forum

Chris
Old 30th July 2013, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislandy View Post
Gawd, I've lived in the area most of my life and never even knew about these clubs!

Bristol Kit Car Club is another good one with regular meets and a busy forum

Chris
Found the info on the Marlin Owners Club website. Events on right hand side of the main page.
Didn't know any clubs existed round my way. Where are you based Chris? I'm in Lechlade, Gloucestershire. So Stroud and Gloucester are a bit closer to home, for at least the first couple of runs. Can't think turning up on the back of an AA flatbed is the most 'cool' way to arrive!

Rob
Old 30th July 2013, 13:42

I'm up Tewkesbury way
Old 30th July 2013, 16:33

Quote:
I'm up Tewkesbury way
The Gloucester one would be pretty close to you then, Stroud is south of Gloucester, but the drive ther would be nice! Both are about the same distance from Lechlade roughy, and both would be nice drives for me! May see you at one or other one day?

Rob
Old 30th July 2013, 17:05

Once I get mine back on the road for sure, needs it's first MOT but I haven';t got the time to get it sorted at the moment.

Blitzing down towards stroud is always a nice run, there are some nice cross country roads from you going through ciren as well... much better than the A417/419 dual car park down to birdlip
Old 31st July 2013, 07:48

Quote:
Once I get mine back on the road for sure, needs it's first MOT but I haven';t got the time to get it sorted at the moment.

Blitzing down towards stroud is always a nice run, there are some nice cross country roads from you going through ciren as well... much better than the A417/419 dual car park down to birdlip
There's not a bad road out of Lechlade, all are nice and flowing A roads. Would avoid Birdlip like the plague, especially as the under bonnet temperatures are a bit of an issue at the moment. Going to louvre the bonnet this week. Might as well still waiting for the DVLA to send through the magic paperwork!
Old 8th August 2013, 08:37

Sit rep on registration: We went to Oxford DVLA office on 24th July, where they processed the paperwork to send of to Swansea. We hadn't heard anything by yesterday, so rang them. Call 1: No record of the paperwork at all! Call 2: they did receive the paperwork on the 31st July apparently (where was it for a week!). It will now be looked at in approximately a weeks time. So, that's another week before they even look at it, then it could be a week or two from there! AAAAArgh! All in all, it could take a month from the date we passed it to Oxford before we get a reply! I distinctly get the feeling, this car is destined to be ready to drive on the Queen's highway around Christmas time! 'The New Way' doesn't appear to be a better way......
Old 18th August 2013, 17:26

Took the wifey out for her first ride in the Sportster, as she had to endure 2.5 years of garage/house/smells/noise/swearing/bleeding hell, thought she deserved a treat! I must say it sounds amaaaaazing! Especially in 2nd or third when you push down on the loud pedal! Not bad, considering it only passed the noise test @ Vosa by 1 decibel!! No plates as yet, so took the risk, but had been informed on Friday by the DVLA that 'the paperwork is in the post'!! Will have the hood finished next week, and be legal asap hopefully, then no stopping us!!
Old 18th August 2013, 19:06
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

He he there's nothing better than putting your foot down at the start of the power band in 3rd and listening to the engine howl
Old 18th August 2013, 19:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
He he there's nothing better than putting your foot down at the start of the power band in 3rd and listening to the engine howl
Its more of a roar than a howl Patrick!! Straight six German engineering at its best. Really want to find the nearest tunnel to me to appreciate the sound in High Def!!
Old 18th August 2013, 19:31
Enthusiast

A bit of tinkering can make them howl, well a little anyway

There's aren't enough tunnels near me
Old 18th August 2013, 21:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
A bit of tinkering can make them howl, well a little anyway

There's aren't enough tunnels near me
Tinkering sounds fun....Really just want to get some miles on the road as the weather is good, tinkering can wait till the winter!
Old 18th August 2013, 21:32
Enthusiast

Yeah I still get a big grin every time I take mine out
Old 18th August 2013, 22:32

Really went through every emotion building the beast (as I'm sure all builders do). At a few points I could happily have bricked up the garage and forgotten all about it , but am so glad I didn't. Some people may mock kit cars, or the like, but this is now where 2.5 years of joint effort finally come to fruition. And boy did I enjoy that drive! Unfortunately I'm away for Donnington Kit Car show, gutted, really wanted to get to a good show this year, Exeter's a bit of a long way for us, but you never know...