Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 3rd August 2013, 16:51

moorezy is on a distinguished road
Default help

Hi guys im new to the fourm and any help is great. I have had a thing for lambos for a brave while now and i was wanting to make a gallardo. I have a shed to work in with all the tools. I am also training to be a painter at thecarbody repair. Ihave been reading up about them and have found that the mr2 is the car to start with. I would like to no what year the mr2 should be? I would also like to no weres the best place to buy the gallardo shell and what sort of prive they would be? Many thanks guys
Available from eBay
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:21

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Welcome! I think the Gallardo people sell the kit on eBay. I can't find the link atm, but your best bet would be to give them a ring.

I think they use the mkII MR2 and the conversion is a lot simpler than some kits and the resulting car is meant to be quite a nice drive.

Best of luck and if you do decide to go for it then please post some pics or a build thread as I'd be interested to see one of these!
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:29

Many thanks i will take a look on ebay now but if you find the link could you send it to me? Always nice to here its a lot simpler than others. I do hope to build one and will only be happy to show some pics of the build many thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 10:32

Ive been looking up the web and ibe found a fiberglass company car kit inc. Has anyone purchased of them and if so what are they like to deal with?
Old 4th August 2013, 11:02

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Be very careful when looking to buy supercar replica kits, unfortunately there are a lot of bogus companies out there that will take your money but never give you anything in return. Visit the company in person where possible or use somewhere that has a good reputation.
There is a company based in Cornwall that produces a Gallardo replica http://www.spydersportscars.com/index.htm although I don't know anything more about them. The only other company that I know of in the UK that are producing Lambo kits is Extreme kit cars who make the Murcielago. Im in the process of building one myself and can confirm that they are 100% accurate to the real thing from the outside. They have had some bad feedback in the past however the company was sold last year and it seems that the new owners are doing a great job helping both new and old customers.
Old 4th August 2013, 11:14

Thats great news and lots of help. Whats the murcielago built on? And was there much to do to it before the shell can go on? Would you beable to tell me what price range the shell cost and what all comes with it? Ive done abit of research and found out that you should buy the whole lot at the one time is this somthing to look out for or does it matter? Again thanks for all the help
Old 4th August 2013, 12:57

The Murcielago is built on a MR2 (mk2). To be honest im not sure exactly how much work was needed before the shell goes on as I had Extreme start the build for me. The package price is on their website with a list of what is included http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/murci/kits.html
The build is not an easy one as with any Lambo replica although It may be possible to get one part built for not much more than the kit price. I looked at selling my own car part finished myself as I work abroad and don't get much time to try to complete the build. This option would give the advantage of being cheaper and saving you a lot of time. Finished cars often sell for between £30k-£45k so they are also quite a nice fun investment.

I would advise on any kit car purchase that all items required to complete the build are there when collected.

Here is my car more than a year ago when I last saw it
Old 4th August 2013, 16:26

That a great help and you have yourself a very nice car (you picked a nice colour). Did the car take long to build to its present stage?
Old 4th August 2013, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorezy View Post
That a great help and you have yourself a very nice car (you picked a nice colour). Did the car take long to build to its present stage?
Thanks, I almost had the car painted white but decided that Lambos should be outrageous so loud colours work best.

To get to this stage the car took 9 months although Im sure that it could be done quicker.
Old 4th August 2013, 19:33

Your right there i was thinking of lime green with black wheels or orange and black. Do you no what all of the mr2 is used on the build?
Old 5th August 2013, 16:41

AcC8braman is on a distinguished road

Don't forget www.DCsupercars.com - Countach and Diablo Roadsters
Old 5th August 2013, 21:56

Happy days plenty to pick from now many thanks