Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 5th April 2014, 12:31

ufo17 is on a distinguished road
Default Help

What's happened to the "view all threads by......" bit on the drop down when you clic on some ones name. Its very frustrating as I cant look at some ones build thread to steal ideas. The only option it gives is "view all posts by...". What's happened?.
Available from eBay
Old 6th April 2014, 12:45

Default help

Bump
Old 6th April 2014, 13:36

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo17 View Post
Bump
Sorry UFO, spent a bit of time looking at this last night with a view to making some suggestions. Really not sure what you mean though - I've never noticed that particular tool myself and it doesn't seem to be there now. Perhaps if you PM site moderator JG he might be able to help you...
Old 6th April 2014, 19:45

Thanks towed. What I mean is, before, if you clicked on someones name for example mr towed, a drop down appears and you had an option to ie "view all threads by mrtowed " if you clicked on this you got to see all the threads that person started, mainly their own build with pictures. Now its gone, all you can look at is posts the person has made on other peoples threads. I hope this makes sense. Maybe there is a different way of doing it now?. How do you look at someones build thread Towed?. Thank you for any help. Its funny that when I first found this site yours was the first build I read through in full, I first thought what a nutter cutting that dash up to graft on, I thought I wouldn't have bothered with that. Now having seen all kinds of things that people have done and many finished cars I have to say that your car is by far the best looking in my eyes as it really looks like a vintage/classic car. This is in part due to the fact that real car connoisseurs use their vintage/classic cars for real and don't keep them polished in a garage. I guess what I mean is it look period. See, this is what I mean, now I want to read your whole build thread again and cant.
Old 6th April 2014, 19:52

Paul L is on a distinguished road

ufo17 - There is a permanent link to Mr T's build in the useful links thread at the top of this forum.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 6th April 2014, 20:03

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the compliments UFO, I had a very clear idea in my head of what I wanted to achieve when I started my build and, apart from the aborted umbrella handle handbrake, everything came together just as I hoped it would.

My car has so far managed to convince 99.9% of the people who've seen it into believing it's a real 50's Lancia. Only one spotty petrol pump attendant has asked 'so what's that a replica of then?' I even found the chairman of the Lancia UK owner's club poring over it in the car park at Goodwood, and when I told him it was a replica he was gobsmacked.

I think there's a couple of reasons for that: as you say, it's got a bit of 'lived in' patina about it so it doesn't look suspiciously shiny and new; and instead of trying to pass it off as a classic Ferrari or Maserati, which every pub bore knows every detail of, I've gone for the rather more obscure Lancia brand. After all, given the rust horror stories from the 70's and 80's, who in their right mind would build a replica Lancia?

As for the problem of not being able to link from someone's name to the threads they've started, can't help with that I'm afraid (did you PM JG?) If you want to find my build thread though, quickest way is to click the 'views' tab at the top of the right hand end of the thread bar, and for some reason it'll pop to the top.

TTFN.
Old 6th April 2014, 22:00

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

I know what UFO is talking about. The button he talks about is a nice feature. For example sometimes I got a reaction on my thread and I wasn't sure who it was. (Can not remember all these alias names people tend to use so easily).
But I learned quickly clicking on this particular button and seeing the thread they often have themselves. Would be nice if it returns.

Michiel
Old 7th April 2014, 10:44
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

I must confess that is a feature I had not used before, but you can still get to it.....

View the persons profile and go to the Statistics tab, there you will find the 'View all threads by ....' link.

Hope this helps

John
Old 30th April 2014, 16:01

Paul L is on a distinguished road

ufo17 - Sorry it has taken so long, but I've added a lot more build threads and some extra photos to the "Links to useful info" sticky at the top of the forum.

There are now build sections for:
Spyder / Pilot
G-46
Cordite / Navigator
Chevaux / Pilot 2CV

Hope this makes it easier for you (& anyone else) to find idea from different builds.

Cheers, Paul.