Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 6th October 2016, 06:38

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road
Default MRS 200 Builds

Hi, you may have seen my post on the wanted section looking for an RS200 replica. I know these are rare and Kara/SPD/Mercury kits go for crazy prices even in part built form, but then the real ones are now > £100k!

I've taken a look at the MRS200 and also swapped emails with Andy the guy who originally had his one off built and Tribute then took the moulds off. I also know the moulds are for sale and may be interested in them given its unlikely Tribute will make any more panels.

Is there anyone here who has built one of these or is building one - I've looked at Andy's Facebook page and seen a couple of builds as well as his Weekend/Zebra car, but couldn't find much on the forum here?

If any of you have missed my "wanted" thread and have a part built kit, set of body panels or know of anything available let me know.

Many thanks.
Available from eBay
Old 7th October 2016, 16:39

Redandy is on a distinguished road

07901 544241

give chris a call... he MIGHT be able to squeeze one more out while the moulds are there but dont tell him i said so!
Old 7th October 2016, 17:55

I did speak with Chris today and he's actually doing the last 2 set of MRS 200 panels (someone else twisted his arm as it was supposed to be only one). He did say if you gave up your commission on my set Andy he would think about it :-) (tee hee)
Old 15th October 2016, 18:08

wozzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyDS View Post
I did speak with Chris today and he's actually doing the last 2 set of MRS 200 panels (someone else twisted his arm as it was supposed to be only one). He did say if you gave up your commission on my set Andy he would think about it :-) (tee hee)
Make that the last 3
Old 15th October 2016, 18:11

I managed to get Chris to do another set of panels and placed an order yesterday. That must make it 4!
Old 15th October 2016, 19:24

zagmad is on a distinguished road

Where theirs a will theirs a way and cash in hand helps too. ;-)
Old 16th October 2016, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyDS View Post
I managed to get Chris to do another set of panels and placed an order yesterday. That must make it 4!
Nice one
there will be a lot of build threads hopefully
Old 16th October 2016, 09:39

With the rs looking so rally and mid engine what front ends would make it look more aggressive. Audi,lancia,
Old 16th October 2016, 21:24

looks PERFECT as is

however, I'd quite like to make an updated version... the modern MR2 windscreen would be more in keeping then. Adapt the modern ford "aston" grille into the design, some more modern vents instead of the horizontal ones. maybe simply add a fiesta ST front bumper and add some fogs into the design to mirror the original?

Swoop the arches so they are more "toyota supra bulges" rather than the little flares they currently are. kinda reminiscent of a Racing Puma...

the back end would have modern mondeo tails (for tradition) but mounted upside down. a bit more shape/depth to the design...include the vents, but perhaps a bit more "Lambo lozenge".

The roof scoops would be redesigned as a one-piece swoop incorporating the side scoops, but with bulges where the ears are.

there is an AWESOME rendering of an "RS300" here: http://crivblock.deviantart.com/art/...pt-1-413146610 and it's even called the "Tribute Concept"

http://crivblock.deviantart.com/art/...pt-2-413146654

While you're there, check out the 037 update too. THAT is beautiful! http://crivblock.deviantart.com/art/...pt-3-425234918
Old 15th November 2016, 19:40

luked2189 is on a distinguished road
Default collection dates?

anyone of the 4 recent buyers got there collection dates yet?
Old 15th November 2016, 20:57

Hi

I believe I am 3 of 4 and contacted Chris last week where I was told he had brought laminating back in house and mine should be ready end of next week. When did you pay your deposit ?

Dave
Old 15th November 2016, 21:10

luked2189 is on a distinguished road

hi guys. i believe im one of the 4. i collect mine on the 26th. just wondered if i'd be bumping into anyone collecting theirs too. have a chat about there build etc
Old 15th November 2016, 22:05

I'm getting mine delivered but will start a build thread on here as soon as I get going.
Old 16th November 2016, 09:20

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redandy View Post

looks PERFECT as is

however, I'd quite like to make an updated version... the modern MR2 windscreen would be more in keeping then. Adapt the modern ford "aston" grille into the design, some more modern vents instead of the horizontal ones. maybe simply add a fiesta ST front bumper and add some fogs into the design to mirror the original?

Swoop the arches so they are more "toyota supra bulges" rather than the little flares they currently are. kinda reminiscent of a Racing Puma...

the back end would have modern mondeo tails (for tradition) but mounted upside down. a bit more shape/depth to the design...include the vents, but perhaps a bit more "Lambo lozenge".

The roof scoops would be redesigned as a one-piece swoop incorporating the side scoops, but with bulges where the ears are.

there is an AWESOME rendering of an "RS300" here: http://crivblock.deviantart.com/art/...pt-1-413146610 and it's even called the "Tribute Concept"

http://crivblock.deviantart.com/art/...pt-2-413146654

While you're there, check out the 037 update too. THAT is beautiful! http://crivblock.deviantart.com/art/...pt-3-425234918
I have to say I'm not in agreement. Some 'car drawings' when considered in detail just don't gel either because the wheels/tyres are far too big and just wouldn't work, or the windows would give the driver no realistic view of the road. Generally why sketches remain exactly that, and never become a real car
Old 16th November 2016, 11:47

That and pedestrian safety. Crumple zones,maybe raising the seating might help. Like the lancia stratos. If you start with a usable donor and are able to see out the sides and work from their. Maybe a tr7 with 037/stratos/r200.
Old 18th November 2016, 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman View Post
I have to say I'm not in agreement. Some 'car drawings' when considered in detail just don't gel either because the wheels/tyres are far too big and just wouldn't work, or the windows would give the driver no realistic view of the road. Generally why sketches remain exactly that, and never become a real car
well yeah its clearly a "concept" (read: comic book version), but it looks awesome. if one drove past you you'd gawp
Old 20th November 2016, 10:18

Luked - are you still planning on taking the roof off your kit and building a replica of the 90s Mercury kit convertible?
Old 20th November 2016, 13:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by luked2189 View Post
anyone of the 4 recent buyers got there collection dates yet?
i have not heard anything yet
i have got my mr2 2005 though
Old 20th November 2016, 18:30

Wozzy, I understand I was the third of the last four kits that Tribute were moulding. I heard from Chris at Tribute about 2 weeks ago to say he had brought the moulding in house for the last two kits including mine as there had been some delays with the laminator he'd outsourced to.

He told me mine was being laminated last week/this week and would be ready for collection for delivery this Friday (25th). I'm having the kit delivered so presume it will be with me some time the week after.
Old 20th November 2016, 19:33

Cheers for the info
i will get in touch with them and find out a date