Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 1st January 2017, 17:46

luked2189 is on a distinguished road
Default Mrs200c

Hi guys. Thought it's about time I did a build thread of the cabby.
The strip down wasn't that bad.
The supports needed rewelding and the bolt holes majorly opening up.
The mk1 golf headlight spots not bad but the front indicators were rubbish. Just ended up bonding them in. Bumper mounting is poor so will get on making some brackets when it's got a correct possition. (In all fairness the bumper and bonnet on the evo200 was a lot better)
Bonnet wise I bonded the cowls on then the golf mk2 headlights. There not sitting nice so will have to have another stab when it's all solidly mounted. Front and back just tec screwed on as it's all set off the sills and doors.
Available from eBay
Old 1st January 2017, 17:48

I have a load of pics but struggling to upload ?
Old 1st January 2017, 18:52

ericholm is on a distinguished road

Hi Luked!

I use Flickr as a respository for my build photos, dragged and dropped them in to it, then linked to them in a message by copying the share link on each photo with the BBCode.

Hope it helps and looking forward to seeing some pic's!
Old 1st January 2017, 22:15

Nostromo is on a distinguished road

Hi Luke, I had a look at your pics on the rs200 Facebook page. I was the one that asked about the green stuff Your build looks like it's coming along well and the cabriolet version looks pretty cool. What have you done with your roof section? Bet you could get some good money on eBay. I use photobucket for rehosting my photos.
Old 1st January 2017, 22:48

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Luke, you can create an album on the forum here ( look under community , pictures and albums) and then include links to the pictures on your posts. That's what I've done so far for my MRS200 build thread.

Your Converible version looks to be coming along well and looking forward to seeing it with the doors and sills on.
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:29

retro200 is on a distinguished road

hi luked 2189 re your mrs200 head lights i mounted mine by f/glsssing 4 long 8mm bolts with the heads cut off and a shaped steel plate welded to the end glassed over in the correct position to line up with the 4 holes in the mk 2 golf headlight brackets held in place with 2 lock nuts on each stud this allows for later adjustment also thy lift with bonnet as per original works fine then lenghhen wires to suit i lined beams up roughly at home against garage door took it for mot (known my mot man for years ) told him they might need adjusting when he checked them only o/s needed to come up about 3 turns on adjusters < result > muth easier than fitting them to the car and trying to line them up with the holes in my opinion, have fun, mick .
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:35

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Luked2189 - To include photos on your thread they need to be stored 'somewhere' on the web with public access granted.

Then you just need to include two bits of code either side of the photo's web address.
( Some photo hosting sites will provide this code for you. )

So for Nostromo, this is his Photobucket address, with some added spaces to avoid it becoming a live link.

http: //i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj289/ cossienick1/20161017_174524_zpsfq6xleqo .jpg

Similarly, this is SwiftyDS using the forum's album.

http: //www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/ picture.php?albumid=56& pictureid=863

By adding

[ i m g ]

(without the spaces) in front and

[ / i m g ]

at the back of the code, you end up with something like this, again I've added spaces so you can see it.

[IM G] ht tp:/ / i275. photobucket.com /albums/jj289/cossienick1/20161017_174524_zpsfq6xleqo .jpg[/ IMG]

Then that line of code without spaces gives you this.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with your build, Paul.
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:01

mrs 200 headlight mounting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11054342_714954771955037_4196103217115149688_n.jpg (40.3 KB, 52 views)
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:30

Mick, can you let me know what rear lights you used underneath the clam that show when the clam is lifted? I've been looking at doing the same thing you did in replicating these as per the original. Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:10

hi swifty i used some lights off a trailer board the square type about 98mm square and mounted them on the new clam support i made above the rear bumper bar and used the rear number plate wiring for the supply thru a switch moumted just in front of the header tank so they can be switched on / off from rear when clam is up i then took new number plate wiring from each tail light feed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (41.1 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by retro200; 2nd January 2017 at 18:38.. Reason: wrong size quoted
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:15

swifty these are the same ones i used item number 321480518253 on good old ebay mick
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:35

Many thanks Mick
Old 6th January 2017, 18:43

Default head lamps

that is how ive done mine too, bonded to the cowls. got to get the tape out as i can live with them being 3-5mm too low but theres a good 13mm defference in protrusion. i'll keep taking pics on the phone then try uploading them sometime.
Old 6th January 2017, 19:57

i know what you mean i had a few goes at getting them right i stuck the long bolts to inside of bonnet with a blob of body filler so i could get em off again to re position took two or three goes till they were right then glassed em in fiddly, but worth it in the end. much neater i think.i also glassed some f/glass corner braces into the bonnet each side of headlights to stiffen the front corner up you can see one in atatched images, above. on here.

Last edited by retro200; 6th January 2017 at 20:21.. Reason: wrong info doh!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6th January 2017, 21:03

HI Luke, I saw on the Facebook page that you'd attacked your doors. Just wondering if you could post the picture again on here as I've lost it on fb. Don't suppose you've got pictures from other angles too?
Old 6th January 2017, 21:19

Default Door pics.

If your on face ache I can buzz you loads over messenger. Basically fast cut across the lower protruding line (it's on the skunt) . Door card off. Lower window and whip off mirror. Window up, whip handle and lock out. Sill trim and kick panel off. Unplug and feed out wiring. Check strap off and then the 12's for hinges. Flip door and remove seal. fast cut across the line that follows the seal. Bash panel to right angle, support later to help with new outer skin alignment. Cut about 3" across and from glass seal down the rear lip. Trim a bit more lower edge round the lock to clear sierra stuff. Inenner rear edge kinda follows seal line. Remount door and then try new skin. Won't be far off. Set it off the front edge
Old 6th January 2017, 22:03

Sounds good, I'll PM you on there.
Old 17th January 2017, 06:36

Default Door pics.

No probs . PM on Facebook messenger and I'll send all I have door related. Basically it's line straight across above inner seal. Bash it up to a right angle. outer Line follows bottom protrusion line. Back edge outer is pretty much top seal straight down. Inner back edge follows the seal edge again.
Old 9th March 2017, 17:46

Luked I also just Facebook PM'd you as I'm just at the stage of cutting my doors and would appreciate any pics you can share
Old 9th March 2017, 18:22

Default pics

will messenger them over, will just blast all i have, some of them might not be applicable.