Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Closed Thread

Old 24th October 2005, 18:30
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

hmmm I read that review. It was one of the kits I originally looked but decided was not the right one for me.
Old 25th October 2005, 07:54
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Must get a copy . . . .
Old 31st October 2005, 23:35
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark,
I’ll be putting it on-line on my web-site in a day or two…. So you can hold on to your hard-earned!!!!

Den.
Old 1st November 2005, 08:38
Enthusiast

Will check it out soon then . . .
Old 1st November 2005, 23:34
Enthusiast

Hi Mark,
It's there now if you want to read it.

http://www.kit-cars.com/fff/filbyfactfile1.html

The link to the Python article is right at the bottom of the chronology; November 2005

Den
Old 2nd November 2005, 17:21
Enthusiast

Den

Don't know if it is my firewall, but can't get the .pdf file to show up. 'Not authorised'
Old 2nd November 2005, 17:44
Enthusiast

Hi Mark,
Have you got problems with all the links , or just that one? I ask because I know the other links have been downloaded by lots of people .

The Python article was only made available as a link yesterday so might be defective. Anyone else got problems ?

Den.
Old 3rd November 2005, 05:35
Enthusiast

Ferg is on a distinguished road

Works fine.
Old 3rd November 2005, 09:24
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Hmm was going to sit down for a bit of reading there but I'm getting a problem with the pdf's as well.

Opened about the first 6 ok then it flakes out, maybe my version of Acrobat reader 5, will update it.

John

Madabout-Kitcars.com
Old 3rd November 2005, 10:26

M is on a distinguished road

Just red the article, Kitcarman.
Since all publicity is good publicity, a well known fact in the promotion industry, your doing a great job, promoting the RV Python, what´s your cut?
Once (and if) RV get their issues sorted with the front suspension and seat, you´ve already rolled out the red carpet for them

In my opinion the concept of using one single donor car is brilliant and I wish Vince the best of luck sorting the remaining issues out, I hope that he lets everyone know when he´s done, then even I might consider buying one.

A "filbyfactfile", I mean really, how mature is that????
Old 3rd November 2005, 11:52
Enthusiast

Hi M,
Welcome to the party !
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Just red the article, Kitcarman.
Since all publicity is good publicity, a well known fact in the promotion industry, your doing a great job, promoting the RV Python, what´s your cut?
Oh dear ; on that basis I’m promoting WKC? too !
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Once (and if) RV get their issues sorted with the front suspension and seat, you´ve already rolled out the red carpet for them ……. I might consider buying one
According to WKC’s November issue ; they’ve already sorted all the problems , so you’d better place your order – Good luck (you’ll need it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Actually, after nearly two and a half years of skirting around the main issues: I think putting the facts in an open file for all to read is very mature indeed and long overdue .
What’s more; I’ve had several congratulatory comments to that effect. Not only that, but several folk have sincerely thanked me for lifting the fog .

Den
Old 3rd November 2005, 15:46
Enthusiast

Managed to down load it in work.

Printed so I can read tonight.
Old 3rd November 2005, 16:16
Enthusiast

Ferg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
I agree with you on this one Den. All that tit-for-tat stuff in the magazines was a real turn off for a lot of people, putting ONLY the bare facts in the 'Filby file' means that anyone (including the mysterious'M') can have a look at all the pertinent legal documents and draw their own conclusions.
This is, of course, if they are interested or perhaps more importantly, open-minded enough to have a read. I hope we see a reciprocal arrangement from the other side, I want to be IMFORMED on the subject....cut though some of the BULL5HIT!!

PS That's my real name above the picture of my car............
Old 3rd November 2005, 20:36

Purple Ak is on a distinguished road

The Whole Thing worked for me I'm on Acrobat 7.Something though Try downloading free Adobe Updates
Old 4th November 2005, 09:21
Enthusiast

Hi Ferg,
Understood, but is ‘Enthusiast’ your family name or your Christian name. LOL!!!! Thanks for your support on this point.

Hi M,
Does ‘M’ really = mysterious? And, more seriously, exactly what do you see as immature in the compilation of this file:-
http://www.kit-cars.com/fff/filbyfactfile1.html
I’m genuinely mystified as to why anybody might wish to scoff at the disclosure of raw information. Unless, of course, they’ve got something to hide – but you’re not in that category – are you?

Hi Chris,
Did you learn anything new ?

Den
Old 4th November 2005, 10:12

M is on a distinguished road

I´m just a guy who´s intentions are good
-Oh L please don´t let me be misunderstood.

My interest is purely technical, couldn´t care less about who sleeps with who.
And now for something completely different:
What say you all, about the Python chassi issues stated in the article, are they fixable?
In my book the front suspension set up on the Python is basically a smart solution, creating less unsprung weight with the coilovers mounted within the construction. However it´s crucial to get all the angles, springloads and length of the wishbonelevers right to take full advantage of BMW´s McPearson design with built in anti dive and so on.

Den, you say you´ve been on this quest for moore than two years , can´t you just try to be a man about it and move on with your life?

Ta da
Old 4th November 2005, 11:09
Enthusiast

'M'

I have no wish to be dragged into this, but everything is fixable (one way or the other).
However it is my understanding that Den is asking why is it not right in the first place and if it is easily fixable, why has it not been done.
The handling of a kit is fundamental to it's ability. This ability is fundamental to the builders / buyers of the kit.

If Mercedes launched a car that didn't handle, how would this effect the sales etc. Oh, they did! It seriously effected their sales too.
Old 4th November 2005, 11:53
Enthusiast

Hi M,
I note your use of certain historical (in this matter) clichés
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Oh Lord please don´t let me be misunderstood.

…. couldn´t care less about who sleeps with who.

And now for something completely different…..

…..you´ve been on this quest for moore than two years
They tend to indicate that you’ve been following this debate for some time. Why haven’t you posted previously?

You were asked one simple question, yet answered another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
I asked why you thought a Fact File was immature. You responded:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
, can´t you just try to be a man about it and move on….
Which seems to reiterate your initial point. So, in what sense is this http://www.kit-cars.com/fff/filbyfactfile1.html Fact File immature in your view?

Mark has actually summed-up part of my concern very well. Why does this car still have such serious handling/construction defects after being ‘on sale’ for 4 years? Mercedes did recover because they addressed their problem. They certainly didn’t accuse their critics of immaturity !

So, exactly what is immature in my compiling a Fact File? Does anybody else believe it to be immature?

Den
Old 4th November 2005, 13:53

gpdude is on a distinguished road

Hi Den,

Can't believe this is still going on!

I must admit the Filbyfacts make interesting reading though!
I know both of you (albeit only a little bit...) Didn't learn much new stuff, pretty much figured things out on my own over the years and now I see them confirmed.
I haven't had any problems with Filby, I haven't had any problems with you. In fact you learned me quite a bit about the industry. What I know is no-one in the industry is without faults. Who's to blame? I wouldn't know. Who's not to blame? I wouldn't know either... All I know is that this sort of stuff happens frequently.

On a side note...
That Python being the only Cobra using BMW donor parts... That's what I've been hearing all the time. Wasn't there Willys' L&B Anaconda using BMW 3-series parts? I know he was working on it a few years ago...
If it's around, why not compare?

Wishing you all the best,
Bart
Old 4th November 2005, 14:59
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdude
I must admit the Filbyfacts make interesting reading though!
... All I know is that this sort of stuff happens frequently.
Hi Bart,
I wish I could agree, but it’s not normal for a magazine to publish the very opposite of the truth . It certainly doesn’t happen often!
In the case of the Howell reports; they were deliberately calculated to do as much harm as possible .
The very same is the case in its reporting of Python IMO , except the aim was (is) to do as much good as possible.
In both cases; readers are the losers - they were severely misled . It represents a severe abuse of trust if you ask me! One that’s far from acceptable or normal.

The difference with the Anaconda is that Willy is going to build it first – then make his claims later . What a contrast!

Den .
Closed Thread