Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 10th October 2016, 10:46

jones is on a distinguished road

Thanks Paul, everything will be work out well. booked myself another America road trip for three and half weeks covering Xmas and NYE and a V8 Charger for the journey
Mazdarazmataz - the number plate lights are repro Lucas L534 ones. there are plenty on ebay but rubbish quality on the chrome. I will have to look through my reciepts folder to find where I got those from. I think it was actually ebay to come to think of it. they have started pitting - and the car is garaged!
Old 10th October 2016, 11:21

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

MGB 62>74.

I bought my Mini door and boot handles as good second hand rather than new as I reckon the chrome will last longer.
Old 10th October 2016, 14:33

mazdarazmataz is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jones I have ordered something similar now, so don't go rooting through your receipts!
Old 28th May 2017, 10:38

Wow been a while since I last posted!

not much to report but as the weather this week has been so good I decided to remove the car from it's slumber and get some miles in and any problem solving before I dig deep over the coming months finishing off the body prep.

I have managed to cover over 200 miles and last night drove the 109 miles to Norfolk in her, other than an exhaust trim rattle there was nothing to report. These Mazdas are bullet proof! ���� did I just curse myself there? today I'll be driving to the coast and back to a friend's for a new so probably some testing miles ahead.

Last edited by jones; 28th May 2017 at 10:48..
Old 28th May 2017, 11:58

mazdarazmataz is on a distinguished road

Looking good, what are your plans for paint? Did you get the headlight covers
Old 28th May 2017, 15:47

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Jones – Good to see an update from you.

I’m sure your car gets a positive reaction when you are out on the road.

Take care, Paul.
Old 26th August 2018, 20:13

Another year has passed and nothing has been done on the car... however good news is the car went through and MOT yesterday despite not having been driven for over a year. The only thing that it failed on first time was a leaky shock absorber that I had missed when doing a check and a wire for the repeaters when I had put the front clam back on last year in haste meant the wires were the wrong side of the fender.

All in all though pleased to have had it done.

On the plus side the new lady friend is very encouraging as she saw the first episode of the BBC 2 programme about a road trip in Asia. Even suggested if the car is sorted let's do one in Europe... not to miss the blessing I will make haste whilst the sun shines and try and get it ready for a paint booth session soon.
Old 8th September 2018, 06:31

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Jones – Glad you’ve got another MOT under your belt.

It would be good to see this painted, what colour are you going for?

Good luck, Paul.
Old 11th October 2019, 21:36

So winter is coming and some of the major projects on the house have been completed including teaching myself to plumb properly using copper and solder and refitting the main bathroom having stripped it to stud walls.

My attention post next marathon will be back to the kit car... I know most of you would be even suprised to know a) I still have the car b) with a quick battery charge it starts first time still c) it has a new twin exit exhaust that will be frenched in. d) I have intentions to pick this up and get the build moving again!

So first thing is I have had a slight change in direction over the front and would like to create a flip front. There have been a number of these done already and not wanting to reinvent the wheel I wondered if anybody who has done this has a drawing I can work from as it's a first for me. Any suggestions?

I will spend this weekend purely going to skip mutiple times to see if I can find a car under the pile of crap I sat there on top.

Last edited by jones; 8th January 2020 at 19:24..